Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 13:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I am not looking for any gains in power/ Torque. Suppose if I floor the pedal at 30 KMPH in 3 Rd gear, it takes few seconds for the engine to respond. If the box can cut this "lag", I would be more than happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
This will not happen.
I quote the two of these together because I got the opportunity to test these on a 1.5 tdi Polo, the other day.
The connectors for the Petrol and Diesel were the same, so I decided to plug my GT's PedalTune into the diesel and see whether it works.

Kept the PedalTune button on OFF and decided to take a spin on an empty road. The 1.5 tdi is supposed to be a very powerful engine and in GT TDI guise, the car is quite a stonker. BUT, only when the huge lag initially is traversed. The GT TDI has the potential to knock the socks off a GT TSI in a 0-100 battle, but there is SO much lag initially, that the TSI comes out trumps every single time. This is the TDi's achilles heel, and everyone who owns a 1.6 tdi or 1.5 tdi will resonate my thought.

Anyway, after an underwhelming drive, I decided to switch the PedalTune to Sports +++ mode.
Slotted the car into 1st, and got off the blocks with a moderately heavy foot. What happened, took me totally unawares! The car shot off the blocks like a bullet! The car was uncontrollable. That lag which I expected was virtually absent and took me unawares. I quickly shifted to second push the throttle a little gingerly, hoping not to ram into the car ahead of me. And this made me realize how linear the PedalTune has made the car. The car was very responsive at all RPMs and made city driving pleasurable. And the best part of it was that there was massive amounts of power on tap in all gears. 5th gear, 100 kph, relaxed mode, can convert to harakiri mode without downshifting, with just a heavier prod on the throttle.
It's a revelation, this! And I am happier to use it in a diesel because it removes the one huge problem in most diesels, LAG.
Try it, guys!

@naren: now I am sure, your 1.6 will fly with this!
Attached Thumbnails
PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-20170114_1658291512x2016.jpg  

PedalTune: Customisable throttle response-20170114_1704441512x2016.jpg  

Last edited by frankmehta : 18th January 2017 at 13:19.
frankmehta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 13:26   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

@Frank Mehta: I really can't wait to try it out . Your post about 1.5 TDI has made the itch worse now. Not to forget, my car is already running with a brilliant tune from Tune O Tronics. I am sure that the pedal tune would make it even better with super crisp throttle response. I just hope all goes good as we are trying it out for the first time in Indian S-Cross.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 13:47   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
@naren: now I am sure, your 1.6 will fly with this!
Nice post Frank. Absolutely tempting product......Will it have a similar effect on the Aspire TDCi?
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice post Frank. Absolutely tempting product......Will it have a similar effect on the Aspire TDCi?
Took words right off my mouth before i reached here. Was wondering the exact same thing. Its effect on an already crisp throttle does sound tempting and curiosity does strike in !!
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 16:15   #95
BHPian

Hi Frank! I have dropped a message to Mithun to check if the PedalTune would be suitable for my Hyundai Xcent 1.2 NA petrol engine and am waiting to hear back from him. Based on your personal experience, do you think it would make a difference as you have mentioned that it is best suited for turbo engines or very powerful petrol engines?
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 16:55   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Frank, will this work wonders with an already fast 1.8 petrol DSG Octavia? This sounds like one of those truly plug-n-play devices which I can simply take off when going in for service.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 18:36   #97
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting thread. Iam gonna give it a try for POLO TDI. Should thank Frank for this thread -
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 01:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Hi Frank! I have dropped a message to Mithun to check if the PedalTune would be suitable for my Hyundai Xcent 1.2 NA petrol engine and am waiting to hear back from him. Based on your personal experience, do you think it would make a difference as you have mentioned that it is best suited for turbo engines or very powerful petrol engines?
I have ordered one for my partner's Xcent. I think it will arrive tomorrow or the day after. IF you live closeby, you can come try it. Even I am excited to see how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Frank, will this work wonders with an already fast 1.8 petrol DSG Octavia? This sounds like one of those truly plug-n-play devices which I can simply take off when going in for service.
OH MAN! Have tried this in a 1.8 tsi and I have no words to explain how thrilling it was! I give it a total thumbs-up for this combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Very interesting thread. Iam gonna give it a try for POLO TDI. Should thank Frank for this thread -
Hope he has a 1.2 tdi available.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:35   #99
BHPian

Firstly, a big thanks to Frank for taking time out on a Sunday evening to meet up. We tried to fit the PedalTune for my Xcent but since both of us are not contortionists, we had to visit the FNG for some help. We realised that the connector type used in the Xcent is different from what he had with him. He has asked his source to send the proper type and waiting to receive it.

While I was a little disappointed that we could not really try it out on my car, what happened next left a big stupid grin on my face - Frank let me try out his 2 beasts (calling them a car would be an understatement!). I wanted to document my experience so anyone having a doubt on the effectiveness on the efficiency of the PedalTune might be a little more convinced.

First off was the GT TSI. While I have test driven the stock GT TSI before, what Frank owns is anything but stock. While his beast in the current form is good (which is what i tested with the PedalTune switched off), the difference or rather fun begins when its switched on! There is almost ZERO lag and there is a relentless pull in the Race mode. Even in the Eco mode, the difference is very much noticeablea and linear. What i loved the most was when we switched to the manual shift mode and this is where the paddle shifts show their beauty! Frank made me promise to switch after 5k RPM (which i dont usually do as I tend to feather the car), and boy was i shocked at the pull! There is a day and night difference with PedalTune switched on and off.

Next was another monster in disguise - The Crio! This car is something that makes you nervous. The moment you key the ignition, the growl makes you wary of the monster. It's as if its challenging you to throw anything at it and it will make small work of it. I was trying to be very careful with this one and even Frank chose to keep it in Sports mode due to the power. I honestly dont think I could bring out the best of the beast as I was too petrified of it!

But again what struck me was the effect the Pedal Tune has. Without actually increasing the power of the vehicle, it somehow manages to put the power to the wheels in a much more efficient way. Some people may call this as fooling the driver by adjusting the sensor but that should not matter as long as you feel the car feels more sprightly and eager to pull with minimal lag.
praveen789 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:26   #100
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post

I ended up with City CVT VX model which i took delivery on 1st Jan 2017 , and till date i have done close to 900 Kms. I did install the PedalTune (Go to the Modification & Accessories section to know more on it), and with the PedalTune on, i dare say this car is as good as the Vento TSI if not better. That too without the constant worry of DSG.

Just FYI, i am getting an average of 14.2 Kmpl in 100% city traffic, such is the power of PedalTune that i seldom have to floor the pedal, slightest of taps shoots the powerful city engine screaming and surging !!
Where did you get the PedalTune installed? Any specific brands and what is the price?
Old 25th January 2017, 13:47   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Where did you get the PedalTune installed? Any specific brands and what is the price?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4123981
Link to my post on the PedalTune thread, i would however suggest you to go through the entire thread (makes for an excellent waste of a working day )
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 19:04   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4123981
Link to my post on the PedalTune thread, i would however suggest you to go through the entire thread (makes for an excellent waste of a working day )
Prodiggy, request you to share the contacts details of the person / agency from where I can source Pedal Tune. I drive a Honda Civic Automatic.

Thanks in advance.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 20:06   #103
BHPian

Here you go mate:
Mithun Mehta: 93828 88888

Give him teambhp reference (he is present on Team-BHP too ) and mention Frank Mehta / My name to him. If you're getting it fitted it from Delhi he would guide you to the correct person and the relevant model.

FYI for the City PT15 model worked whereas PT18 & PT20 did not.

Good luck with this wicket thing !!
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 12:37   #104

Any idea where we can get PedalTune fitted in Bangalore...thanks
shadab.upes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 08:01   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.upes View Post
Any idea where we can get PedalTune fitted in Bangalore...thanks
I dont really know about Bangalore, and frankly i did not know about Delhi either. I suggest it would be best to call up Mithun (whose number i have mentioned a few posts earlier on this thread) and he would guide you to the place and person to be contacted for PedalTune.

Good Luck !!
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks