Old 6th February 2017, 10:38   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: PedalTune: Customisable throttle response

Similar product and an honest review.

ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

One more. This product is more similar to the PedalTune than the Steinbauer that the earlier video shows.

Old 6th February 2017, 20:04   #108
BHPian

Re: Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Here you go mate:
Mithun Mehta: 93828 88888

Give him teambhp reference (he is present on Team-BHP too ) and mention Frank Mehta / My name to him. If you're getting it fitted it from Delhi he would guide you to the correct person and the relevant model.

FYI for the City PT15 model worked whereas PT18 & PT20 did not.

Good luck with this wicket thing !!
I need a help here.

Can this PedalTune be added to City Diesel too?

What is the estimated cost of this add-on?
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:40   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Can this PedalTune be added to City Diesel too?
What is the estimated cost of this add-on?
I am not sure about Diesel Engine cars being compatible with Pedal Tune, other owners might be able to confirm. Ideally though, i feel this is something that can be fitted onto any car (irrespective of Petrol or Diesel) as this is only to modulate the throttle response.

Cost was 15K, it was told to me that this is the inaugural and special pricing for TeamBHP members. Frank on his other thread bought 2 items for 20K, so he got a larger discount. As of now, the item is retailing for 15K if you mention TeamBHP reference.

Hope this helps
Prodigyy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 16:43   #110

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me understand the effect on fuel economy once PedalTune is fitted?

Fitting PedalTune may void manufacturer's warranty?

Whats the time one can reach 0-100 after fitting PedalTune?

Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 7th February 2017 at 16:48. Reason: Please do not post the entire content in italics
shadab.upes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 19:25   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
You raise a valid point with respect to the part-throttle response for sure. It's leagues ahead.
ABout the 0-100 timings, you may be slightly off. My Honda does 0-100 in 10 seconds without the PedalTune and 9.6 seconds with it. As I keep saying, this PedalTune is NOT just throttle voltage modulation. It's a lot of other things.

About the fuel efficiency, also, you are right if it is in the HIGHEST mode. It's pointless to keep it in the RACE +3 mode. In Eco and sports modes, economy is not affected. I got 12.5 kmpl in the Honda with the 1.2 l engine, 12 kmpl with the 1.5 l engine and 12 kmpl with the 1.5 lengine with Pedal Tune :-)
Hi Frank! Great mod and really tempting for my GT TSI too. But reg the 0-100 times. I assume that you depress the accelerator after engage the transmission and that you don't engage the transmission at full throttle. In that case, there will be a finite time taken for your foot to reach from minimum to wide open throttle. During this part open throttle phase, the Tuning box might be giving you the advantage and once you reach W.O.T, then it might still be as stock, but the times are quicker because the box gave you an advantage during the first 300-400 milliseconds of the run when the throttle was not floored yet.

Could this be possible?
rageshgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 14:26   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.upes View Post
Can anyone please help me understand the effect on fuel economy once PedalTune is fitted?
Fitting PedalTune may void manufacturer's warranty?
Whats the time one can reach 0-100 after fitting PedalTune?
1. I installed Pedal Tune very early into the life of my car, so i can not really comment upon the effect of PedalTune on the fuel efficiency, however, since the PedalTune was intalled, my car has been returning me an average of greater than 14 consistently with 100% city driving.
During the last tank full i got an average of 14.6 (as per On Board Display), i filled up after driving nearly 515 Kms and the fuel nozzle auto-cut happened around the 34.7 Ltr mark. During the current tank full, my car displays an average of 14.3

2. Fitting Pedal may very well void manufacturer warranty if something untoward happens, however, it is basically a plug and play system and does not require much tools and equipment for removal of the same. Once you get the hang of how to remove this, it is fairly simple to do so. Also, you can switch it off before giving away for routine servicing so that no one notices it (i hope ? )

No idea about the 0-100 timings, i do not intend to be a drag racer so never tried to get a timing either, however, other people on this thread have mentioned a reduction of anywhere between 4-15% reduction in 0-100 times.
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 17:25   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

I had got the pedal tune box to "try" on my S-Cross last week. Naresh had told me that it won't work if pin outs doesn't match. I had sent him the pics of connector and he sent the box to try.

I took only 5 minutes to install it. I started the car and there was CEL. Also the pedal tune box was not powered on. I noticed that accelerator pedal was not working and even AC was not working. Engine would only idle. Yes, the pin outs did not match and ECU should have put the engine into safe mode. I removed the box and everything was fine. I will update here if I receive the new box with correct pin outs.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Save Rs.15K and stomp on the pedal harder. Or buy some lead and stick it to your boot :-)
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:38   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

To all the people using this, I have a question. A genuine one.

A Drive-By-Wire system has been rigorously tested by the manufacturer to be perfectly safe and reliable.

Here, with PedalTune, you are inserting a component that has no track record, a relatively unknown brand in between the A Pedal and the ECU to fool the ECU into giving more fuel and air so that the engine develops more power.

What happens, if in an emergency, the PedalTune fools the ECU into thinking that the throttle is wide open and instead of slowing down, your car accelerates?

Obviously, in an emergency, you cant think too much and you would instinctively slam the brakes and/or try to yank the steering to one side. What is at this moment, the PedalTune gives you more power and acceleration?

The reason I ask this question is, how much faith do you have in this brand and company to put your life on the line?

A similar product by a big company in Europe would have gone through a lot of testing and will have various certifications like TUV Rheinland, etc... And European laws are strict. The company wont get permission to sell in Europe if it doesnt meet their basic standards.

How much confidence do you have in a low-priced product to allow it to control your throttle?

I would appreciate anyone of you letting me know if I am wrong in this line of reasoning.... Apart from Narry's persistence and assurance of everything going well, is there any guarantee or safety checks in place?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:39   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Save Rs.15K and stomp on the pedal harder. Or buy some lead and stick it to your boot :-)
If you see my previous posts on this thread, I was very skeptical about pedal tune box and had always said "push your right foot harder" . But I just wanted to try it out and draw a conclusion myself. I had received the box only for testing and have not paid for it. As you said it's not worth paying 15K for psychological fun . I will buy the box only if it has decent gains in 0-100 / in gear acceleration.

@Nikhil : I don't think pedal tune box would give more power. Logically it's not possible. But what it can do is cut the lag by fooling the ecu to think that A pedal is pressed more. If you see the stock voltage rise graph, it would be linear. I just wanted to know if pedal tune could really help ( gain in numbers) by reducing the time taken to achieve full throttle.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th February 2017 at 18:45.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:56   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I will buy the box only if it has decent gains in 0-100 / in gear acceleration.
Again I'd say push the pedal harder. Most people out there even when they want to go fast are kind of gentle with the throttle. Pedal tune helps in those cases, its giving the car that "electronic leadfoot" that people are hesitant in giving. Instead just give it leadfoot and stomp on the pedal.

It works for some. But no way it is going to help develop more power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

How much confidence do you have in a low-priced product to allow it to control your throttle?
I would be very very wary of any 3rd party product sitting between ECU and pedal modifying throttle signal.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 18:59   #118
Senior - BHPian

This contraption just reduces the lag and makes the daily drive a little more fun.
The press harder vs press lesser concept has been discussed to death. Lets just say that it's not as much fun to drive now with the pedal tune off.
Old 9th February 2017, 19:00   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
This contraption just reduces the lag and makes the daily drive a little more fun.
The press harder vs press lesser concept has been discussed to death. Lets just say that it's not as much fun to drive now with the pedal tune off.
Its not a concept. But the fact.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2017, 19:23   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

I would be very very wary of any 3rd party product sitting between ECU and pedal modifying throttle signal.
Exactly.

On one hand, we have mainstream TBHP-ians bemoaning lack of safety equipment on some cars and some variants and on the other, they want to play around with their DBW systems!?!?

It's a different issue if someone is going all out with some mods to their cars knowing the risks and benefits
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks