Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2004, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Any NHC Owners??

I've made my first move to buy a NHC - GXI. As we are aware, the NHC comes with no price discount nor accessories (including floor mats) because of the 6 Week waiting period.

1. Are there any suggested accessories which are to be bought/bargained for from the dealer? (Side Step Garnish, Bumber protectors, etc)

2. Are the Honda Alloys really worth the extra 40K?

3. I'm not able to get any good reviews on the NHC. Do you have any?

4. The dealer mentioned that we just need to add on a CD Changer to the in=build audio player (but need's to be an Alpine one). Any idea how much this would cost?

..Thx
Old 21st April 2004, 19:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Suggest you take your time - buy the car and add what you find that you need and not what you feel. At the most go for remote locking or a tyre upsize from day 1 - much cheaper outside than at dealer - try and see if the dealer will fir something free

Honda Alloys are v expensive - for the same price you could buy OZ wheels elsewhre - suggest you do some research on what is available - go for areputed brand

Reviews - check autocarindia site

CD change will cost around 12k - look at upgrading speakers at least - exisiting speakers are one way 40w - totally inadequate for the head unit which is quite good.
Old 21st April 2004, 21:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

hi neel
dude we got the floor mats with the car,an idol, an auto glym coating and pooja ....these were the things free
the extras we took were the side step garnish, the boot carpet,sunfilm, and crome on the door handles

now i am plannign after a few months to put new tyres with good alloys, the sun/rain protecters on the doors and rear spoiler.
which colour? mine is a new warm silver,

Old 21st April 2004, 21:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

ps: the cd changer will cost you 13k, alpine is launching a vcd changer , i am waiting for that
was planning to put pioneer 3 way 350 watt spks , but my dad objected
Old 21st April 2004, 23:33   #5
RJK
Senior - BHPian

hey neel

First of all congratulations on ur new pruchase..my advise would be dont BUY anything from the dealer...if you can manage then try & get floor mats &/or bumper protector for free...there's a slim chance of the dealer giving anything since the car has a waiting period...avoid going for the side step garnish...& honda alloys r really not worth teh 40k..although i do have honda original alloys on my car but it was a package that gave me a spoiler, exhaust pipe finisher, fog lamps & alloys for 35k..so not a bad deal...save all the money & invest it in a decent 3-way pioneer speakers..stock speakers have absolutely no bass...instead of gng in for a boot mounted CD changer i'd advise u to fit in a in dash CD reciever taht u can trade outside with some shop..boot mounted changers tend to skip a lot given our road conditions....hope this helps...

M3

Btw r u in bbay ? if yes from whom r u buying the car..linkway or ichibaan ?
Old 22nd April 2004, 00:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey rj
lucky guy , u got a good deal on the allloys package!
hey why did you object to the side step garnish??
which colour do you own dude?
Old 22nd April 2004, 02:21   #7
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 21 2004,23:28)]hey rj
lucky guy , u got a good deal on the allloys package!

thanx..mine is the older 1.5 & i got the package with that plus a few other complimentary things...anyway abt the garnish..the dealer had shown that to me also...for 3k its an absolute waste of time..however i'd seen very similar to that..original or not i dont remember for 1400bucks outside..i think one can live w/o the side step garnish..IMO

Btw my color is satin silver

M3
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:57   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 21 2004,19:52)]hi neel
dude we got the floor mats with the car,an idol, an auto glym coating and pooja ....these were the things free
the extras we took were the side step garnish, the boot carpet,sunfilm, and crome on the door handles
whats next....!!!!!1

by the way aadix how many cars do u have
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:07   #9
BHPian

Thx Guys,

I'm from B'lore (whitefiled honda), going for the NWS color. Anybody else who have bought the car from here??

I'm trying to maximise the freebies i can ask them
So it looks like the Tyres and alloys will be one thing and the CD player & speakers the other thing and i guess i'l be looking for them from the local market..

Ajmat, you mentioned about a tyre upsize?? any recommendations??
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey vishnu
not as many as you have!!! and not that hi fi just few

Old 22nd April 2004, 13:16   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hey, no matter how long a waiting period there is for a car, you will ALWAYS get some freebies from dealers, why, because if they don't give it, someone else will. You only have to read the papers everyday to see the deals being offered. When we bought our Skoda, it was the same thing.

We first went to Autobahn for initial enquiries. They gave us the pricelist etc. They said NO discounts whatsoever as the Skoda diesel was selling very well. We then called up Nummer eins in Chembur. They gave us a whole bunch of freebies if we bought it from them. Thing is, we wanted a Pune reg. no. and they weren't willing to give that.

So the next day, we head back to Autobahn, show em the deal offered. Without any hesitation, they matched that offer and also agreed to the Pune registration (which saves almost 50g's) and free registration as well! Aside from that we got sun film, rear spoiler, armrest, floormats, boot mat, polymer coating, seat covers, wood paneling, protective sills as well as the free registration and pune octroi! So you see, if I had taken them at face value first, I would have lost out on about 50,000 worth of stuff.

So the point is, you HAVE to do your own comparitive shopping before going to a dealer. If you don't do your homework, don't expect the dealer to flood you with stuff.
Old 22nd April 2004, 13:43   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So the point is, you HAVE to do your own comparitive shopping before going to a dealer. If you don't do your homework, don't expect the dealer to flood you with stuff.
Well put, Rtech

GTO
Old 22nd April 2004, 14:44   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Neel @ April 22 2004,09:37)]I'm from B'lore (whitefiled honda), going for the NWS color. Anybody else who have bought the car from here??
Me too - our problem is that they are the only delaer - those most that I got were floor mats. Might be some freebies based on the finance option.

BTW - avoid the car collect option - the guys never come on time and I need to avoid meetings until the car is collected - usually 2 hours late - I refuse to pay the collection/ delivery fee

Accessories - recommend Car Shrungar - complex next to lifestyle - good genuine stuff and they fit it well - tell Vikram that Ajit (guy with the black Vtec) recommended you
Old 22nd April 2004, 15:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

aha, me too. Got it from Whitefield Honda in 2001. I got mats, perfume, idol, seat covers free with my Vtec.

They ain't gonna give it just like that dude, you gotta ask them for it, and ask them till they get fed up.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 22nd April 2004, 15:18   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]and ask them till they get fed up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks