Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 11:36   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Off topic, as you have researched almost all players into retuning business across the region, who would be best for Punto 1.3 FGT 75 engine?

Thanks !
I have not driven remapped 75 BHP Punto. Wolf Moto would be the best choice if you want switchable maps. Most of the Fiat guys go for Wolf remap.

I have tried Pete's, Wolf and TOT remaps in my SX4. It has same 1.3 Multijet engine, but with VGT.

Pete's : Very prominent turbo kick and loads of wheel spin. But there was lot of black smoke and power used to taper very fast. Above 3000 RPM was like stock.

Wolf Moto : Car was much more driveable than Pete's. Car did smoke but it was lesser than previous map. There was good top end power and linear power delivery. After running around 20 K KM post Wolf remap, there was overboost issue. This cannot be said due to remap. Turbo would have aged and remap would have made it appear earlier as I was running with high turbo boost post remap.

TOT : I actually wanted to see if turbo overboosts in TOT Map. Yes, they have not increased the boost by big margin and managed to make good power too. Engine is little silent and black smoke is lesser. Yes, the car still smokes under WOT above 3000 RPM.

Wolf Map had better top end and TOT has better mid range performance.

Cheers!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have tried Pete's, Wolf and TOT remaps in my SX4
Doc, you just keep changing maps on the same car? You mean you have paid ₹ 70-80 k on remapping one car? And same for your i10 too? Its too much, isn't it?
Old 16th September 2016, 12:53   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Doc, you just keep changing maps on the same car? You mean you have paid ₹ 70-80 k on remapping one car? And same for your i10 too? Its too much, isn't it?
Haha, I spent lot of cash on remaps in last one year. Anyways, now I know where to heard for remaps. I have tried out almost all the known tuners .

SX4 : Pete's, Wolf and TOT

Grand I10 : Code 6, RD tuning box and TOT

S-Cross : TOT

It was good experience working with various tuners except Code 6 ( no ethics and too business minded).

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th September 2016 at 12:56.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 11:07   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Remapped S-Cross 1.6 feels effortless to drive even in city traffic. It's very easy to drive in 2nd or 3rd gear with a light foot on A pedal. MID shows at least 1.5 to 2 KMPL more than stock map. I maintained steady speed of 100 KMPH on highways and FE was 24 KMPL as per MID . I need to do a tankfull method to check. If I drive aggressively, I find stock brakes are not adequate. Car picks up speed very fast and I wish it had more stopping power.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 18:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
If I drive aggressively, I find stock brakes are not adequate. Car picks up speed very fast and I wish it had more stopping power.
I guess the Tarox brake update in the next thing in your kitty

I drive Punto Evo 90 HP (ODO @ 26.5k kms) and would be getting it remapped soon. I am out of Pune, which makes me more oriented towards Viezu and Kiirus. Lets see from where I get it done. The good part is that both of them use the latest tools, thanks for sharing the info.

Congrats on your yet another remap . Keep the updates coming and enjoy your ride.

Last edited by Waspune : 19th September 2016 at 18:09.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 22:00   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
I guess the Tarox brake update in the next thing in your kitty

I drive Punto Evo 90 HP (ODO @ 26.5k kms) and would be getting it remapped soon. I am out of Pune, which makes me more oriented towards Viezu and Kiirus. Lets see from where I get it done. The good part is that both of them use the latest tools, thanks for sharing the info.

Congrats on your yet another remap . Keep the updates coming and enjoy your ride.
I will check with Tarox and Brembo, but I doubt they have something for S-Cross.

TOT guys travel everywhere and it shouldn't be an issue to get remap from them. Viezu Pune is a good option too and they get remap form qualified tuners from Viezu HQ. I am not very sure about Kiirus remaps. I guess they get it done from a tuner in Istanbul. There's Wolf Moto too who can give switchable remaps .
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 00:15   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I drive Punto Evo 90 HP (ODO @ 26.5k kms) and would be getting it remapped soon.
I strongly recommend ToT. They are the best hands down. 2nd best are Wolf Moto, they have got the switchable maps advantage but ToT give one map, retune it to your likening and then you don't need to have 4 different maps.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th September 2016 at 01:08. Reason: fixing quote tags.
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 00:46   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
I strongly recommend ToT. They are the best hands down. 2nd best are Wolf Moto, they have got the switchable maps advantage but ToT give one map, retune it to your likening and then you don't need to have 4 different maps.
I like both TOT and Wolf Moto. Both of them do not quote false high figures and honestly tell if the car is not doable. They are very transparent. Sid from TOT is more experienced, certified tuner and they have remapped thousands of cars . Rajiv is very brainy and cracking the ECU code and developing switchable maps in not that easy. Some tuners are a shame to the entire tuning scene. One such tuner told me Wolf and TOT are "Parking lot" tuners .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2016, 00:47   #39
BHPian

Thanks guys for your remap suggestions. I am not a fan of multiple remaps. I was inclined towards Viezu and Kiirus because they are Mumbai/Pune bound. TOT seems to be the best but they operate from south. So just wanted to be in close proximity.
Old 20th September 2016, 00:57   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys for your remap suggestions. I am not a fan of multiple remaps. I was inclined towards Viezu and Kiirus because they are Mumbai/Pune bound. TOT seems to be the best but they operate from south. So just wanted to be in close proximity.
As I said before, TOT travels all over India and they have dealers too. Vivek is from Bangalore, but you would hardly find him there . He travels all over India to remap and I am sure TOT would be visiting Pune frequently. I think they have a dealer in Goa. No other tuners were ready to come down to Mangalore to remap only one car.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 20th September 2016 at 01:11.
Old 22nd September 2016, 16:02   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Update :

TOT is ready with updated map for my S-Cross. I can't wait to try it out . I will do proper V Box run after flashing the new map.

I have driven around 500 KM post remap and car is doing great. There is no drop in FE and not even puff of black smoke under WOT which is really impressive.
Old 29th September 2016, 10:57   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Update :

TOT Map 1 with 2 error codes was really powerful and car performed better in 0-100, in gear acceleration timing. Present map has no error codes, but recently I noticed that 0-100 timing, In gear acceleration etc is almost same like stock. Car feels faster than stock under normal driving. After investigating more into this, I felt that only throttle response is better with present map and there is no actual gain in terms of numbers. I informed TOT about this issue. They looked into the matter seriously and it was found out that the testing guys abroad had removed most of the tune to check if the maps would sit in ECU properly without errors. Due to some miscommunication, TOT was not aware of it. Thanks to lack of proper protocol for 1.6 S-cross, every file has to go through tool manufacturer to correct checksum algorithm. TOT has assured that it would be sorted out and they are coming to Mangalore soon to flash the new map.

Last edited by SDP : 29th September 2016 at 12:25. Reason: As requested
Old 29th September 2016, 12:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Update :

TOT Map 1 with 2 error codes was really powerful and car performed better in 0-100, in gear acceleration timing. Present map has no error codes, but recently I noticed that 0-100 timing, In gear acceleration etc is almost same like stock. Car feels faster than stock under normal driving. After investigating more into this, I felt that only throttle response is better with present map and there is no actual gain in terms of numbers. I informed TOT about this issue. They looked into the matter seriously and it was found out that the testing guys abroad had removed most of the tune to check if the maps would sit in ECU properly without errors. Due to some miscommunication, TOT was not aware of it. Thanks to lack of proper protocol for 1.6 S-cross, every file has to go through tool manufacturer to correct checksum algorithm. TOT has assured that it would be sorted out and they are coming to Mangalore soon to flash the new map.
So effectively, you tested out a Sprint Booster in your car

Anyway, hope you get the new map soon!
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 15:40   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
So effectively, you tested out a Sprint Booster in your car

Anyway, hope you get the new map soon!
Haha, somewhat true. I couldn't even realise until I checked timings . 30-80 KMPH in 3 rd gear was 8.7 in stock and now it's 8.6. Anyways, I will get the new updated map next week. I am happy that I chose TOT and their support is extremely good.
Old 4th October 2016, 00:34   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally it's done!!

TOT came down to Mangalore again to work on my car. This is the 3 rd time, Vivek came down all the way to Mangalore. I doubt if I could have received this kind of support from any other tuner.

Thanks to dockap for providing place to do remap. ECU was flashed inside the boot of his Endeavour .

This is the third map on my S-Cross. This map is just insane. Acceleration is mind blowing. I did a casual 0-100 run with 3 people on board and it was around 8 seconds ( speedometer video). S-Cross has around 10 percent speedo error and these numbers are not accurate. This is just for reference to show in cabin experience.

BHPian Carfreak drove my car with new map and he was also very impressed. I did time the car using V Box and this remap is way faster than previous maps. I am not very happy with the runs. I feel car would be little more faster. What's impressive is no black smoke even in this more aggressive map.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161003wa0008.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161003wa0012.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20161003wa0011.jpg

V Box 0-100

Autocar : 11.5

Me : 11.3

TOT Map 1 ( this map had 2 error codes) : 10.1

TOT Map 2 ( this map was actually not that fast) : 11.0

Present Map ( the best) : 9.7

Kudos to Tune O Tronics for the excellent support and these guys really don't give up . I was actually losing hopes and was planning to revert it back to stock. But TOT proved me wrong.

A proper V Box run would be done soon by Kryptonite during my next visit to Bangalore. Stock JK tyres are not able to handle the launch and there is loads of wheelspin. I am sure that the car would be faster with better rubber.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th October 2016 at 01:00.
Dr.Naren is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed