Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2016, 20:29   #16

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Power : 150 BHP
Torque : 390 NM[/u][/i]
Awesome figures. What is the 0-100 timings post the remap. Wish FIAT plonks this engine in their cars soon.
Mad4bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 20:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4bhp View Post
Awesome figures. What is the 0-100 timings post the remap. Wish FIAT plonks this engine in their cars soon.
Holding 350 NM till 3000 RPM is more important than peak figures . I could do timing only in stock map which was 11.26 seconds. I got 10.1 seconds post remap on V Box. But I have not done the launch properly. It should be faster.
Old 15th September 2016, 20:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Torque : 390 NM
That's an incredible number. Great post Naren, I'm not at all fan of Maruti Suzuki, but S-Cross 1.6 is one car I would like to have in my garage. And now you have done justice to that 1.6 engine.

If you keep aside the fact that Rajiv is not available all the time, who will you choose Rajiv or TOT ? Just want to hear your feedback as you have worked with both.

Last edited by GT145 : 15th September 2016 at 20:58. Reason: Typo
GT145 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 21:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
3000-4000 RPM : Oh boy, car was still accelerating strongly. Revving freely and picked up speeds effortlessly. Good improvement compared to stock map.
Overall, I was very happy and super excited about remap.

Estimated figures post remap :

Power : 150 BHP
Torque : 390 NM
Hi Naren, I followed you when you were in the car purchase mode and after that too, I congratulated you back then and I congratulate you now again, for the remap.
I got my Fiesta remapped by ToT. Max power went from 90 hp to about 115 and torque from 200Nm to about 240Nm. This 8 valve Ford TDCi is not that fast revving in stock form and it was exactly the thing that I wanted to get rid of and Sid did it, and how.
With the kind of figures you just quoted, I don't know anymore what to call that 1.6L 16 valve Multijet which is already a monster in its stock form. You must be enjoying the hell out of it.

Even my experience with Vivek and Sid was exceptionally good.
ToT rocks!
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 21:16   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
That's an incredible number. Great post Naren, I'm not at all fan of Maruti Suzuki, but S-Cross 1.6 is one car I would like to have in my garage. And now you have done justice to that 1.6 engine.

If you keep aside the fact that Rajiv is not available all the time, who will you choose Rajiv or TOT ? Just want to hear your feedback as you have worked with both.
1.6 S-cross is the best Maruti on sale today for an enthusiast.

Haha, that's a tough question. As I said before, I love working with Rajiv. He is not business minded and shares his knowledge. Few tuners resort to easy/bad tuning like changing only Injector Duration maps. Rajiv has certain principles and he won't do anything if he feels it's not right.

TOT is more experienced and have remapped thousands of cars.

I would choose TOT or Wolf depending on the Car and ECU. If I buy a Fiat, it would get Wolf remap . If I buy VW, TOT it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Hi Naren, I followed you when you were in the car purchase mode and after that too, I congratulated you back then and I congratulate you now again, for the remap.
I got my Fiesta remapped by ToT. Max power went from 90 hp to about 115 and torque from 200Nm to about 240Nm. This 8 valve Ford TDCi is not that fast revving in stock form and it was exactly the thing that I wanted to get rid of and Sid did it, and how.
With the kind of figures you just quoted, I don't know anymore what to call that 1.6L 16 valve Multijet which is already a monster in its stock form. You must be enjoying the hell out of it.

Even my experience with Vivek and Sid was exceptionally good.
ToT rocks!
Thanks buddy!!

TOT is totally dedicated into remaps. They try to give their best on each remap. I am more impressed with their support. No tuner would come down to Mangalore to remap one car. TOT spent 3 days in Mangalore to sort out the issues and give me a good remap which should be appreciated. TOT did not charge me a penny more inspite of additional costs they had to bear for travel and accommodation.

Sid told me that he will give me an updated map soon which would be little more aggressive. Since it's their first S-Cross, they are doing it step by step. Sid is working on my maps along with studying engine components to give me a better map.

Yes, TOT rocks

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th September 2016 at 21:26.
Old 15th September 2016, 21:54   #21

Congratulations Dr. Naren on that successful remap. Being a fellow 1.6 S-Cross owner, I just can't resist the temptation to remap my car now after seeing your post. I would like to ask you if you have had the chance to test the remapped car on an inclined piece of road?
If yes then please provide your input on how the car behaves now and if there is a major difference post the remap.
Hades1011 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 22:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
VW, TOT it is.
I know it's a tough question Thanks for your honest feedback. Well, I need to remap a VW but it's not TDI, it's TSI. Even before purchasing the car remap at the hands of Rajiv was fixed. Now after your feedback, it's going to stay the same way. My friend also want to remap his TDI, so I can taste TOT magic on that one

BTW wish to see your dyno results soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad4bhp View Post
Wish FIAT plonks this engine in their cars soon.
I'm not 100% sure, but somewhere I read like FIAT can't use this engine on their products due to the agreement with Maruti Suzuki.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:22   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
I know it's a tough question Thanks for your honest feedback. Well, I need to remap a VW but it's not TDI, it's TSI. Even before purchasing the car remap at the hands of Rajiv was fixed. Now after your feedback, it's going to stay the same way. My friend also want to remap his TDI, so I can taste TOT magic on that one

BTW wish to see your dyno results
I did not mean Wolf remap would be bad for VW. Rajiv has remapped GT TSI and owner is very satisfied. Rajiv is unique compared to other tuners because of his switchable maps. He knows to recode and hack into operating system of ECU for Fiat cars.

I am planning to do dyno run when TOT is ready with updated map. Dyno would be the best place to fine tune the map.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 22:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:

RD dual channel box : 26K
k.
Any idea this RD Dual channel box is available for Duster 110 BHP version ?
Some time back when I checked, they we offering same single stage box for both 85BHP and 110 BHP version which I was not comfortable.

Or do you or anyone in the forum knows any other dual channel box available for Duster 110 BHP..?
Old 15th September 2016, 22:45   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My requirements were discussed with Sid :

1. Stronger mid range ( in gear acceleration)

2. Reduce turbo lag

3. Holding the peak torque for longer revv band and little more punch in top end.

4. EGR delete
Doc, congrats on the remap.

Regarding your requirements, I can understand 1, 2 and 3.
But why do you want to specifically disable the EGR? What benefits are to be had with that? What are the cons?
Old 15th September 2016, 22:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
Any idea this RD Dual channel box is available for Duster 110 BHP version ?
Some time back when I checked, they we offering same single stage box for both 85BHP and 110 BHP version which I was not comfortable.

Or do you or anyone in the forum knows any other dual channel box available for Duster 110 BHP..?
Single Channel box for both 85/110 BHP Duster.

http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/supported-cars/

I would suggest remap instead of single channel box. Single channel box controls only rail pressure and gains are very less compared to remap. I had used single channel box in Grand I10 and now running with TOT remap which is way more powerful. Anyways, RD Single channel box was more powerful than Code 6 remap in Grand I10 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Doc, congrats on the remap.

Regarding your requirements, I can understand 1, 2 and 3.
But why do you want to specifically disable the EGR? What benefits are to be had with that? What are the cons?
EGR delete won't give much gains. But it helps in keeping the intake clean and little more low end. EGR is anyways switched off when you floor the pedal. Engine likes clean air, not exhaust gases .

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th September 2016 at 22:53.
Old 16th September 2016, 00:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
EGR delete won't give much gains. But it helps in keeping the intake clean and little more low end. EGR is anyways switched off when you floor the pedal. Engine likes clean air, not exhaust gases .
Even if you have asked Siddarth to do an EGR delete he would not have deleted it completely. I think he keeps EGR open to about 1600rpm in moderate revving diesel engines. If you absolutely insist he might shut it off upwards of 1300rpm. It has something to do with turbo spooling up and then turbo on a song. I had got the Cruze done by him in 2010 under the express condition that the car lasts me 2,00,000km with out issues and the car has crossed 1,58,400km without a hitch and all drive train parts are original including the clutch assembly. My requirements were similar to yours but I specifically told him to keep the map stock above 4000rpm. I had given SID the permission to play with torque between 1600rpm-3600rpm but I remember him clearly stating that playing with that rpm range would require him to up the torque very slightly from 1300rpm all the way to 4300rpm with maverick boost coming in from 1700rpm to about 3300rpm with peak torque at about 390Nm at 2400rpm. It is here that the EGR conversation came up and I do remember that he would not negate the EGR completely. I have had my fair share of fun with the Cruze and wish you fun drives too. I have not done a dyno as yet and figures are extrapolated. Suffice to say the car can keep up with a BMW X5 old generation from Thrissur to Ernakulam 70km and from Ernakulam to Kothamanglam 48km on multiple occasions.
drpullockaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 00:31   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Even if you have asked Siddarth to do an EGR delete he would not have deleted it completely.
Yes, EGR could be completely disabled or partially. Sid has not touched on EGR for now. It's their first 1.6 S-cross and they are still working on it. Sid told he has just given me a basic remap and it would not be the best map. TOT had to sort out protocol and checksum issues to make the read/write possible. I am looking forward to that updated tune .

I have read your post about Cruze few months back. TOT remapped Cruze like your's just shows how reliable their remaps are.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th September 2016 at 00:37.
Old 16th September 2016, 10:06   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades1011 View Post
Congratulations Dr. Naren on that successful remap. Being a fellow 1.6 S-Cross owner, I just can't resist the temptation to remap my car now after seeing your post. I would like to ask you if you have had the chance to test the remapped car on an inclined piece of road?
If yes then please provide your input on how the car behaves now and if there is a major difference post the remap.
Thanks buddy!!

I have not done any timing on inclined road. All V Box runs were done on a level stretch. Yes, there is a good difference. 3 rd gear acts like automatic now - climb inclines or driving in city. TOT has tailored a good map indeed. Car could be driven sedately, push your right foot harder and be ready to experience the violence .
Old 16th September 2016, 11:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Off topic, as you have researched almost all players into retuning business across the region, who would be best for Punto 1.3 FGT 75 engine?

Thanks !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks