Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 17:01   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
UPDATE: 10000 KM Post Remap!!
Driving the car for around 10K KM, I have observed that if you are gentle on throttle, car is as good as stock. But when you press more than 60 percent throttle, this is a different animal. It's like " point & shoot ".
Also this map is not violent. I would say this is a silent killer.
I would agree to all the 4 points you have pointed out here. A remapped car climb slopes relatively stress freely, no drop in FE, linear acceleration meaning effortless drivability. It minimises the lag too. My Fiesta has a much smaller turbo, so lag was less in stock form too but then bottom end and top end both were nothing to talk home about. The remap by ToT has made my life easier as I can now use 3rd gear as an automatic, it's good for speeds from 30 kmph till 90 kmph. 4th is good for 40 kmph to 110 kmph. Gear changes are minimised, and it can cruise all the day at speeds I better not mention and I never really do. The whole RPM range has got ample of torque, making it much faster in real time than the peak power/torque values could tell.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 16:20   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6

I am planning to install custom decat downpipe. I wanted to confirm if S-Cross has DPF and post CAT O2 sensor. I got the information from service manual. There's no DPF and sensor post CAT. So I am good to go and there won't be CEL. A/F sensor before CAT would be retained on custom downpipe. I hope there won't be much loss at low end post decat.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20170209wa0024.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20170212wa0036.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20170212wa0037.jpg  

Old 12th February 2017, 18:45   #78
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to install custom decat downpipe. I wanted to confirm if S-Cross has DPF and post CAT O2 sensor. I got the information from service manual. There's no DPF and sensor post CAT. So I am good to go and there won't be CEL. A/F sensor before CAT would be retained on custom downpipe. I hope there won't be much loss at low end post decat.
Dr Naren, a quick question - is the service manual available readily at Maruti service?

Regards
Nikhil
Old 12th February 2017, 18:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the information from service manual. There's no DPF and sensor post CAT.
You can order the service manual from any MGP outlet. The part number you need is already on the cover - 99500M64M00-74E. It will be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Dr Naren, a quick question - is the service manual available readily at Maruti service?

Regards
Nikhil
Yes you can order it through (maruti genuine parts) MGP dealer.

Last edited by Sankar : 12th February 2017 at 18:48.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:12   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is doing good with remap and downpipe combo. I am happy with the performance. But I am little disappointed with few things. It would have been good if these were done.

1. EGR delete in remap

2. Tweaked map to supplement decat downpipe mod

3. Little more juice at low end

4. Develop a proper working protocol for 1.6 S-Cross

I have asked TOT for the first 3 points and they said would revert back. I did not get any response for many days (say weeks). After that my calls were unanswered / no reply to messages.

Regarding Protocol for 1.6 S-Cross, I contacted Alien tech Italy directly. According to them, their tool supports S-Cross 1.6. TOT used the same Alien tech tool in my S-Cross.

I am already exploring other options now. I will get a remap from any other tuner who has working protocol for 1.6 S-Cross ( easy to customise maps), EGR delete and little more powerful.

Stay Tuned
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:14   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not get any response for many days (say weeks). After that my calls were unanswered / no reply to messages.
Seriously? Try to reach them via their FB page, not sure if the phones switched hands ( jus guessing)

Quote:
I contacted Alien tech Italy directly. According to them, their tool supports S-Cross 1.6. TOT used the same Alien tech tool in my S-Cross.

I am already exploring other options now. I will get a remap from any other tuner who has working protocol for 1.6 S-Cross ( easy to customise maps), EGR delete and little more powerful.

Stay Tuned
Why to spend money on the same thing...i hope ToT gets this msg and responds to you immediately
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:19   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Seriously? Try to reach them via their FB page, not sure if the phones switched hands ( jus guessing)

Why to spend money on the same thing...i hope ToT gets this msg and responds to you immediately
It's been almost 6 months post remap and 2 main things : EGR delete and working protocol is not yet done. Also, I have not got any updates regarding tweaked map post downpipe mod. I have no issues with the present map and car is doing good. But I need to find a tuner who has proper support for 1.6 S-Cross. As I said, I am already exploring other options and not going back to TOT for 1.6 S-Cross. I have few more mods to do and a tuner with good support for 1.6 S-Cross is necessary.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 10:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Try Code6 Carmed Cochin. Contact Gino or Chikku. I am sure they wouldn't leave you high and dry.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 10:53   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Try Code6 Carmed Cochin. Contact Gino or Chikku. I am sure they wouldn't leave you high and dry.
Thanks for the suggestion. Also, I have heard that they have remapped around 5 or 6 1.6 S-Cross
Old 5th March 2017, 16:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car is doing good with remap and downpipe combo. I am happy with the performance. But I am little disappointed with few things. It would have been good if these were done.

1. EGR delete in remap

2. Tweaked map to supplement decat downpipe mod

3. Little more juice at low end

4. Develop a proper working protocol for 1.6 S-Cross

I have asked TOT for the first 3 points and they said would revert back. I did not get any response for many days (say weeks). After that my calls were unanswered / no reply to messages.

Regarding Protocol for 1.6 S-Cross, I contacted Alien tech Italy directly. According to them, their tool supports S-Cross 1.6. TOT used the same Alien tech tool in my S-Cross.

Stay Tuned
Hi Naren,

Please dont take my post personally, but I would like to understand a few points.

Regarding your first 3 points, they seem to be additional work for TOT. They have made a good map and given it to you and you have been very happy with it as per your public posts.

Probably, they are not ready to tweak it further? Or maybe, they consider that as coming under a paid service? It could be that they assume you are requesting these 3 jobs to be done Free of cost? I've realised that effort isnt cheap or free. Maybe you should speak to them on the phone and clarify whatever it is.

However, I can understand their lack of communication can be annoying. But please do keep in mind that they must be getting inundated with requests, pricing enquiries, etc on social media and via mobile. It is very easy to miss certain messages.

Why dont you call them till you get a firm reply? It is easy to say that as a customer, you shouldnt be calling them, but when you know that they do quality work and are honest people, it might be worth to put aside your status/ego as a customer and hound them till they do the work! Dont compromise on your car just because they missed replying to you.

On the 4th point:
What exactly is a protocol? Is it something using which you can make changes in the map?

If my assumption is correct, why would any tuner give that to a customer? Wouldnt that damage their business?

I have ZERO business with TOT. It's just that I have a grudging respect for them as they seem to be professional people doing good work.

Of course, it's your car and at the end of the day, it is a competitive market. If TOT cant satisfy your needs, you can go to some other high quality tuner like Code6, who have developed a very good name with their remaps and hardware installations.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 16:33   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Akshay (GT Tunerz Delhi) had come down to Bangalore recently. He is the official dealer of Quantum Tuning UK. He also has the same Alientech K Tag tool which is used by TOT. But he has got all the adapters specific for different ECU models. I wanted to check with him if there is really protocol issue as told by TOT.

Akshay got the ECU out of car and opened it in 10 minutes. He looked little shocked after opening the ECU.

Let the pictures talk :
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20170305wa0029.jpg
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-img20170305wa0028.jpg

As you can see, too much of sealant was used and it has made it's way on the ECU board I should consider myself lucky here. If the sealant had gone even 0.5 cm further, my ECU would have been damaged.

Akshay doesn't do any soldering on the board and used the probes along with EDC17 specific adapter. We were not able to communicate with the ECU using the protocol mentioned for S-Cross ECU in the tool software. Akshay did not give up and thanks to his experience and training by Quantum UK, he figured out the right method to read the ECU and boy, it worked out beautifully. There was no checksum error or anything. It's been 6 months and TOT was not able to figure out the proper method to do it. Akshay did it in just 50 minutes.

I always ask the tuners to provide me copy of stock maps. Even TOT had emailed me the stock file of 1.6 S-Cross. I wanted Akshay to do a proper remap using the stock file. But what happened next was shocking. The file which TOT had sent me was encrypted (say read from slave tool). Akshay was not sure if we could do a remap without stock file. But he did give a try by uploading my tuned file to Quantum server. But the file writer of Quantum UK said it's not right to remap without stock file. I don't understand why I was not given an open stock file by TOT in the first place. I have completely lost the trust and faith after seeing the ECU job and encrypted stock file.

Akshay went back to Delhi and he won't be coming anytime soon to Bangalore. I am still exploring the available options now.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 17:03   #87
BHPian

1. Was the excessive use/ improper application of sealant done by the guys @ TOT? Are you going to take this up to them?

2. If the so-called Stock map of your SCross given by TOT was not genuine, did you question the guys @ TOT regarding this? What was their answer?

You switched from Code 6 to TOT as you were unhappy with their map for the grand i10. And now are you going to switch from TOT to GT Tunerz?

If so, you are digging too much into the dirt in the name of exploring options for your car. No offence, just my thoughts.

Good that your ECU is safe.

Take car buddy!!
Asta_la_vista is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 17:22   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Regarding your first 3 points, they seem to be additional work for TOT. They have made a good map and given it to you and you have been very happy with it as per your public posts.
EGR Soft delete was one of my main requirement. This is the reason I chose remap over RD dual channel box. EGR delete or any tweaks in remap are not charged extra price.

Quote:
Why dont you call them till you get a firm reply?
As mentioned before, I did call them and calls were not answered. I guess I have called every alternate day for a week. Then I felt there is no point.

Quote:
On the 4th point:
What exactly is a protocol?
Protocol is actually developed by tool manufacturer to support the ECU read and write. Tuners make use of it. TOT was saying they can't do many tweaks, EGR delete etc because of protocol issues. But after confirming with Akshay, it was not any protocol issue. TOT was force reading my ECU chip using one random protocol meant for different ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
1. Was the excessive use/ improper application of sealant done by the guys @ TOT? Are you going to take this up to them?

2. If the so-called Stock map of your SCross given by TOT was not genuine, did you question the guys @ TOT regarding this? What was their answer?
1. Yes, I got to know only after the ECU was opened by Akshay. Only TOT had opened and sealed the ECU before.

2. Well, my calls were not answered.
Old 5th March 2017, 17:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let the pictures talk :
Attachment 1615680
Attachment 1615681

As you can see, too much of sealant was used and it has made it's way on the ECU board I should consider myself lucky here. If the sealant had gone even 0.5 cm further, my ECU would have been damaged.

Akshay doesn't do any soldering on the board and used the probes along with EDC17 specific adapter.
Akshay went back to Delhi and he won't be coming anytime soon to Bangalore. I am still exploring the available options now.
Soldering is rarely done I thought most of them use probes, the ones i have seen were done with probes. Surprised that soldering had to be done.

The sealant looks like its overdone. During engine rebuilds when it comes to sealants its said a little goes a long way. I think it should be applicable here also though its an ECU.

Quote:
We were not able to communicate with the ECU using the protocol mentioned for S-Cross ECU in the tool software. Akshay did not give up and thanks to his experience and training by Quantum UK, he figured out the right method to read the ECU and boy, it worked out beautifully. There was no checksum error or anything. It's been 6 months and TOT was not able to figure out the proper method to do it. Akshay did it in just 50 minutes.

I always ask the tuners to provide me copy of stock maps. Even TOT had emailed me the stock file of 1.6 S-Cross. I wanted Akshay to do a proper remap using the stock file. But what happened next was shocking. The file which TOT had sent me was encrypted (say read from slave tool). Akshay was not sure if we could do a remap without stock file. But he did give a try by uploading my tuned file to Quantum server. But the file writer of Quantum UK said it's not right to remap without stock file. I don't understand why I was not given an open stock file by TOT in the first place. I have completely lost the trust and faith after seeing the ECU job and encrypted stock file.
Encrypted file means only TOT can use it? So its useless for any other tuner if they want to write it to your ECU to make it back to stock? I don't know how its done, whether its encrypted or not, because i never asked for my stock file when i had a remapped car.

Quote:
I am still exploring the available options now.
I hope you find peace soon. Next time talk with the tuner if you are not satisfied before taking it online. I know that with TOT you have waited long.

Quote:
1. Yes, I got to know only after the ECU was opened by Akshay. Only TOT had opened and sealed the ECU before.
It was only opened once before? Looks like it was opened and closed multiple times and thus excess sealant.

Last edited by Sankar : 5th March 2017 at 17:46.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 17:45   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Soldering is rarely done I thought most of them use probes, the ones i have seen were done with probes. Surprised that soldering had to be done.
Even TOT has not soldered anything on ECU board. Only few tuners still use the soldering method. Akshay had used EDC17 specific adapter too along with boot pin probe.

Quote:
The sealant looks like its overdone. During engine rebuilds when it comes to sealants its said a little goes a long way. I think it should be applicable here also though its an ECU.
I am not very sure if the excessive sealant would damage the ECU. But I have read that too much sealant is bad and it should not be spilled on ECU board.

Quote:
Encrypted file means only TOT can use it? So its useless for any other tuner if they want to write it to your ECU to make it back to stock? I don't know how its done, whether its encrypted or not, because i never asked for my stock file when i had a remapped car.
Yes, it's encrypted file and would work only with TOT tool. When I remapped my SX4 from Rajiv, Wolf moto.. He had also provided me stock file. But that was proper open file and any tuner could use it.

Also I am not looking forward to resolve any issues with TOT. It would be great if they could provide me my open stock map file. I have sent them an email.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L : Remapped by Tune-O-Tronics. EDIT: Issues on page 6-screenshot_20170305175645632_com.google.android.gm.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 5th March 2017 at 17:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks