Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 15:41   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499

So I finally plugged the Quikrscanner into the Xylo. Installed the App on my android phone. Registered and created my vehicle profile. Got connected but I wasn't getting any notifications or alerts on the anti theft alarm. At first I thought I had installed the device incorrectly into the port. Rechecked it and it was correctly connected. I then checked to see if the SIM card is properly inserted or not. After confirming that, removed the SIM and put it into my phone to activate it (not sure if the SIM was already activated and inserted into the device by Quikr).
Ideally I should have received a confirmation message from Airtel, but the message I received was that the SIM card is faulty and I need to exchange it with a new SIM. But had a few questions before I do that :
  • Under who's name is the Airtel sim registered? Under Quikr or me?
  • If I exchange this SIM for a new SIM, will I get a new SIM Number? Will this pose a problem in using this device?

Last edited by v12 : 24th September 2016 at 15:43.
Old 25th September 2016, 21:10   #17
BHPian

Ah you seem to be lucky with this. I plugged it into both a Grand Vitara and a Ford Figo assuming one of these might not be in the database. Nothing. Also switched between iOS and Android. Still nothing. Keep getting the 'No Trips Found For this Vehicle error message". The Airtel SIM provided in the box does work with data.

So seems like a half baked product/attempt by Quikr. Pinged their customer support on email, no response. Really bad experience overall. I would suggest others to wait and watch on this one, and not waste your 1500Rs. Let's see if I am able to get my money back now. Since this stupid device doesn't have bluetooth it is pretty useless otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda View Post
Well well well, I think the Quikr application is crazy on iOS platform. I got the device plugged into my Linea TJet and set out to check the statistics over a small drive. I was using the Android phone for this purpose however iPhone was still with me. On my short trip, I logged into to the application through my wife's android phone and the two android phones were in sync. Came back home, parked my car. Then checked the application on iPhone and voila it was displaying the location and all related menus similar to those on my android phones. ..As of now the device seems to be working fine.
Old 25th September 2016, 23:15   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiviv View Post
Ah you seem to be lucky with this. I plugged it into both a Grand Vitara and a Ford Figo assuming one of these might not be in the database. Nothing. Also switched between iOS and Android. Still nothing. Keep getting the 'No Trips Found For this Vehicle error message". The Airtel SIM provided in the box does work with data.

So seems like a half baked product/attempt by Quikr. Pinged their customer support on email, no response. Really bad experience overall. I would suggest others to wait and watch on this one, and not waste your 1500Rs. Let's see if I am able to get my money back now. Since this stupid device doesn't have bluetooth it is pretty useless otherwise.
Josh - have you tried sending a Activate message ti Airtel to activate the SIM card? Maybe your card if faulty and hence you not getting any data.

Vinodh - Did you have to activate the Airtel SIM card to make it work?
Old 28th September 2016, 14:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Josh - have you tried sending a Activate message ti Airtel to activate the SIM card? Maybe your card if faulty and hence you not getting any data.

Vinodh - Did you have to activate the Airtel SIM card to make it work?
Actually my SIM was already activated. Tested it by putting in a phone and using data.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:01   #20
BHPian

I raised the level of my complaint with Quikr higher ups. Received calls from a couple of persons, finally could convince them that the SIM is faulty and they need to hurry up the things before i initiate the procedure to return the device. I also learnt that we can not use any other SIM card as it is hard wired with their servers. Got a confirmation just now that my new SIM has been couriered.
I also told them that lot of my buddies on TBhp are also facing same problems, one Mr Kirti told me to share his number with you all. All of you who need to get in touch can call him on 080-67364545
naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 10:46   #21
BHPian

Finally after a lot of queries, follow up and escalating the matter with quikr i could manage to squeeze another device with different SIM from quikr as a replacement and it started working since yesterday evening. It gives a lot of info about car running, mileage, diagnostics etc. Quikr did not help at all to run this thing but my permutations and combinations did the job, amazing thing is that new device finally worked with older SIM.

I do have now two devices since last month or so, quikr is not asking back the previous one. It is lying idle in my drawer. Of course i can not use it being hardwired to some of their server with SIM but still amazed at their behaviour.

QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477199665.377612.jpg
QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477199681.546125.jpg
QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477199699.705348.jpg
QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477199718.414658.jpg
QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-imageuploadedbyteambhp1477199735.657010.jpg
QuikrScanner launched - OBD Scanner @ Rs 1,499-picture1.png

Last edited by naveendagar : 23rd October 2016 at 11:01. Reason: Privacy concerns
naveendagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this the best device out there? Looking to order one this week hence wanted to evaluate any alternate products if better.
Old 25th December 2016, 22:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is this the best device out there? Looking to order one this week hence wanted to evaluate any alternate products if better.
In its price range yes. It has been working well for me. Reliance was supposed to release something, but its not here yet.
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 09:00   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In its price range yes. It has been working well for me. Reliance was supposed to release something, but its not here yet.
How did you procure it? I have put in my details on the quikr website twice for this and it says I will get a call back but nothing yet. Usually the quikr teams are very prompt with their call backs.
Old 26th December 2016, 11:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
How did you procure it? I have put in my details on the quikr website twice for this and it says I will get a call back but nothing yet. Usually the quikr teams are very prompt with their call backs.
I got it online when it was just launched in the market. Are there any phone numbers to contact directly.
Old 28th December 2016, 10:50   #26
BHPian

I have 2 of these. Yes, its the best at this price.

I am using one in my Maruti Brezza and the other on a Merc GL. Both are working well.

@Sahil, just mail your enquiry here:

mukthiyar.pasha@quikr.co.in

He is the manager there and you should be able to get their reply ASAP.
Thanks 👍
Old 10th January 2017, 09:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
I do have now two devices since last month or so, quikr is not asking back the previous one. It is lying idle in my drawer. Of course i can not use it being hardwired to some of their server with SIM but still amazed at their behaviour.
I do not think the device is bound a particular sim. I faced a concern few weeks back wherein the sim provided with the device just stopped functioning Inserting it to a phone revealed that the sim is not active and does not even receive the necessary network signal!!! I now am using the device with a spare TATA Docomo sim and it's functioning as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I have 2 of these. Yes, its the best at this price.

I am using one in my Maruti Brezza and the other on a Merc GL. Both are working well.

@Sahil, just mail your enquiry here:

mukthiyar.pasha@quikr.co.in

He is the manager there and you should be able to get their reply ASAP.
Thanks 👍
Thanks for the contact. I had written to him regarding my concern. The response has been slow and now I have been informed that they will inform when they have a resolution. Now this update is at-least 5 days old. I did query about the time-frame and received "Will get back when we have a resolution" reply.
Old 10th January 2017, 13:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
So seems like a half baked product/attempt by Quikr. Pinged their customer support on email, no response. Really bad experience overall.
Quote:
Did you get this working for your GV? Also, which GV--2.0 or 2.4? I have a 2.0 MT and would be interested in this if it works with the GV.

I've tried the chinese bluetooth based one and the CarIQ dongle, which had both bluetooth and a sim but nothing worked. No data coming back to the official apps or even Torque.
Old 15th January 2017, 10:51   #29
BHPian

Nope it has worked for a civic and figo. Didnt work on the GV. It's a 2.4. On checking with the GV thread here found out that GV does not exactly follow the OBD standard. I have also tried a different scanner on the GV and that didn't work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Did you get this working for your GV? Also, which GV--2.0 or 2.4? I have a 2.0 MT and would be interested in this if it works with the GV.

I've tried the chinese bluetooth based one and the CarIQ dongle, which had both bluetooth and a sim but nothing worked. No data coming back to the official apps or even Torque.
joshiviv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 16:57   #30
BHPian

QuikrScanner looks very similar to an OBD tracking device I am currently using. The device is from a company called Autowiz. The user interface and look of device is exactly same as Autowiz. Is there any relevance between the two?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks