Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2018, 17:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any downsides / how's the experience so far?
- Call quality
- Bluetooth mobile music connectivity
- Connects with iPhone & android (I guess this is given)
I have been using a similar device from the same manufacturer - probably the same product in an older shell, because it has the same functions. My feedback on that is very positive. Call clarity is great and microphone reception is noise free. The lady inside the device talks on startup and on Bluetooth connection. Also reads out the voltage status. Only issue I found is that it's better to receive calls from the device rather than the phone, because otherwise the receiver will not hear our voice until the whole phone number is read out even though the call is connected.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 18:18   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any downsides / how's the experience so far?
- Call quality
- Bluetooth mobile music connectivity
- Connects with iPhone & android (I guess this is given)
Call quality - I would say patchy. Sometimes calls were clear, sometimes difficult to comprehend what the other party is saying.

BT mobile music connectivity - Good. Never had an issue with the music not playing or the unit play/pause/next controls not working.

Connectivity with android - no issues here too.

Overall, I would say for the price, it was a VFM product.

I am however not using the equipment any more as my new car has all the required features built in.
blackasta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2018, 19:33   #168
Senior - BHPian

This is an accessory that keeps our sweaty backside cool and provides occasional massages too, specially on long drives - good if you sit tight, better if you don't! I have been using wooden beads for over eight years and am quite satisfied with them. Similar beads are available in marble and plastic too.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-screenshot_20180930171850747_com.brave.browser753x849.png

Image courtesy: amazon.in

PS: Relevant more for cars with non leather and non fabric seat covers.

Last edited by dailydriver : 30th September 2018 at 19:35.
dailydriver is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 17:29   #169
BHPian

I don't know whether this one could be classified as an 'Accessory' or not, but I find it very useful.

Tyre Tread Depth Gauge.

Bought it from Amazon for Rs. 246/-. It is very small (approx. 5 cms in length) and can be easily stored anywhere. Makes it very easy to measure the tyre tread depth and is especially useful when your tyres are towards the end of their life cycle and you need to measure their tread depth to know when to change / buy your new tyres.
Attached Images

Touringlawyer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 21:35   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
Tyre Tread Depth Gauge.
It is a great tool to have.

I have a similar one too that I bought for the same price as you paid. I purchased it from AliExpress almost a year ago.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_20180825_1236521280x720.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 18:59   #171
BHPian

I am looking at a minimalist clock to keep in the car at the Speedo area. I am looking at one which can be fixed with 3m double sided tape and only shows the time and runs on battery. I don't want to charge it with USB.

Any leads?

I want to keep it just beside the RPM indicator.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_20181210_155054.jpg
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 21:14   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post

I want to keep it just beside the RPM indicator.
Option 1

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-16078586361244522121.jpg

Option 2

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-16024210822128372657.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2018, 22:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I am looking at a minimalist clock to keep in the car at the Speedo area. I am looking at one which can be fixed with 3m double sided tape and only shows the time and runs on battery. I don't want to charge it with USB.
I'm using this one in both my cars. It's analog and runs on battery. But it is not self illuminated, so won't be visible in the dark. (It does not glow in the dark like they say).

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-8782298251908049819.jpg

The spherical part at the rear can be removed and just the dial can be stuck with 3m tape.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cHByQrOn
samaspire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 15:00   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringlawyer View Post
One can use it with a Roof Carrier as well as without a carrier, provided the car has roof rails. ....
Your roof carrier really looks nice. Where did you get it from? I would be interested in getting one for my vehicle.

EDIT: Found the details here on this post (Questions About Roof Racks / Carriers / Bicycle Carriers) of yours.

So, this is fabricated locally. Nice work, I must say!

Any pointers to keep in mind, learning you want to share if someone wants to fabricate locally for their vehicle?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 15:09. Reason: Edited to add link
khan_sultan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 10:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

I always wanted to install a screen in my car to keep the second(and third in case of Ertiga) raw passengers busy during the long drive. I just bought an I-ball tablet to use it exclusively in the car. Even the model name(iBall iTAB MovieZ Pro) have "movies" word in it, so its perfect budget tablet to watch movies and other streaming services. I also bought this tablet holder which gets accommodated at the front seat's headrest.

Overall, I am very much satisfied with my purchase. This holder can accommodate any tablet. Its made of average quality plastic but able to hold tablets nicely even on a bumpy road.

Cost :
iBall iTAB Moviez Pro: 11500/-
Tablet Holder: 499/-

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-t1.jpg

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-t2.jpg

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-t3.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 11:57   #176
BHPian

Picked up these elbow iPhone cables. So the cable does not come in the way when the phone is charged flat. 1m.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-4d0059a3edd24f278f02c63f999f9146.jpeg  

asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 08:03   #177
BHPian

Has anyone used these rubber stripes for noise reduction/ dampening effect? Are these effective? Any downside? If anyone used them please share your experience.

Link : 5m B Type Car Door Black Rubber Seal Strip Soundproof Wertherstrip Hollow Vehicle Scratch Strip Automobiles Accessories
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4VHE2YCC

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_20191109_075920.jpg
mathur2012 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 08:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Has anyone used these rubber stripes for noise reduction/ dampening effect? Are these effective? Any downside? If anyone used them please share your experience.
I had listed then here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4066099 (Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car)

I have used them in my car and yes, they are effective. Just be careful while installing to ensure that people don't hit it while getting in or out of the car. This will cause the sticker to come off. Also ensure that you do not stretch the rubber while installing - again, the sticker will peel off is sometime.

It's there in my car since almost 3 years now and other than the section that came off in the 1st week, it's holding on fine.
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 09:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I had listed then here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4066099 (Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car)

I have used them in my car and yes, they are effective. Just be careful while installing to ensure that people don't hit it while getting in or out of the car. This will cause the sticker to come off. Also ensure that you do not stretch the rubber while installing - again, the sticker will peel off is sometime.

It's there in my car since almost 3 years now and other than the section that came off in the 1st week, it's holding on fine.
Thankyou, How much do you think will be suffice for Ertiga? It's coming in 5m roll now.

Did you install it on doors only or on bonnet and back as well?
mathur2012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 15:00   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
Thankyou, How much do you think will be suffice for Ertiga? It's coming in 5m roll now.

Did you install it on doors only or on bonnet and back as well?
I have installed it on the rear door sils. As for how much you need, take a roll of thread and run it across the areas you intend to install it on. Then measure the thread.

1 roll would not suffice, but order just 1 in the beginning, try it out, and then order more after using it for some time.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed