Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 17:33   #106
BHPian

Re: Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car

This is a really useful thread....getting all the little things we plan / buy compiled in a single place helps a lot.

Many Thanks for sharing and also for the effort in creating the thread.
TheStranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 22:08   #107
BHPian

Great thread. I have spent hours on accesories websites exploring various options. You have covered all the important ones. Serves as ready reckoner for anyone trying to make small personal touches to the car. Saves hours of searching!

Just yest I found my sear belts too harsh on my shoulder bone. And voila! Here is the solution in your thread!

Thanks a lot for the meticulous work.
rageshgr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 14:24   #108
BHPian

Well. An excellent thread indeed. After wandering on aliexpress and jazzmyride sites for two days, this is what i have come up with on amazon after the global store was launched. Experts may kindly advise on the quality and price aspects. Should i place the order??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Amazon.in Shopping Cart.pdf (158.9 KB, 1854 views)

Last edited by SX4LOVER : 16th October 2016 at 14:25. Reason: Attachment forgotten
Old 16th October 2016, 14:49   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Well. An excellent thread indeed. After wandering on aliexpress and jazzmyride sites for two days, this is what i have come up with on amazon after the global store was launched. Experts may kindly advise on the quality and price aspects. Should i place the order??
Other than the below item, the prices look OK.

Aeoss Sun Visor Sunglasses Ticket Holder Clip
http://s.aliexpress.com/F3A7J3MN
Price : 24-00
Old 6th January 2017, 14:44   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

I recently purchased a Meba Bag from Instamojo.

These bags are made by a fellow TBHPian - patchyboy.

https://www.instamojo.com/Meba/?ref=profile_bar

https://www.instamojo.com/Meba/flexi...ack/?ref=store

https://www.instamojo.com/Meba/flexi...nly/?ref=store

I bought the Flexi bag with the lid.

It got delivered in reasonably quick time (though I felt it could have been faster. Probably, I've been spoilt by how quickly stuff gets shipped nowadays thanks to Amazon).

Apart from that, I cant think of a single negative point.

My views:

The bag is big. It's not small but then I wanted a large bag! The footprint is good for how much it can swallow. It has dividers which you can use to customise the size of the individual partitions. Everything is velcro and doesnt seal very well but works decently.

The bag has a base which is made of velcro. This helps the bag stay in place on a fabric carpet like what is in my car. It doesnt move around when you are driving. This is a very cool feature and after a lot of high speed driving, I can safely it works like a charm.

What I really like it, it has a LOT of space! I used to use a large carton box earlier and just dump everything inside it. Now, I can use the pouches on the sides of the Meba Bag to store some of the smaller items and the larger stuff can be stored inside.

With the lid, it looks a lot better and reduces the dust going inside the bag itself.

The quality and fit and finish of the bag is extremely good and it feels like it can survive a few years in tough conditions.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this bag and for anyone like me who typically has a bunch of stuff in the boot, this is a must-buy.

I usually keep a bunch of tool kits like an allen key set, a Force Tool Kit, a screwdriver kit, multimeter, puncture repair kit, lots of microfibre cloths, a steel funnel, and so many other things that I dont remember right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-img_7163.jpg  

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 6th January 2017 at 14:45.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 09:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Here's a link to the accessories section of my Aspire ownership thread that lists the products from here that I have used, along with photos.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4087779
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 12:05   #112
BANNED

One thing for sure. Honda cars are very short of Lighter sockets. I can see thr need fot one or two for phones, one for GPS, and one or two for other things. Most adapters for sockets support very low currents so cannot be used for heavier stuff. I had a lot of trouble finding a two way, 10A adapter. This is the absolute minimum for me - car fridge, and GPS!
Old 18th March 2017, 13:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One thing for sure. Honda cars are very short of Lighter sockets. I can see thr need fot one or two for phones, one for GPS, and one or two for other things. Most adapters for sockets support very low currents so cannot be used for heavier stuff. I had a lot of trouble finding a two way, 10A adapter. This is the absolute minimum for me - car fridge, and GPS!
For a change, the new WRV has 1 HDMI, 1 USB and 1 12V socket.

I have added 2 sockets in my car by tapping the empty fuse sockets. Looks very OEM, you can get up to 30A power if needed, no dangling wires and no OEM wires to be cut.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 02:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

SF-010 : Reversing Sticker

Convex lens sticker that has to be pasted on the rear windshield. Increases the field of vision while reversing. You can call it a cheap rear view camera

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-13469140221168908669.jpg
Size: 8"x10"

http://s.aliexpress.com/qIBjARBB
Price: Rs.385-0
samaspire is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th December 2017, 14:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

IN-027 : Chargeable Reading Lights

Most cars under 10 lakhs don't come with reading lights for the back row, and we know that there are times when we feel the need for it. Especially when your mother/wife drops a clip or if your kid drops a toy.

Small, yet value-adding Accessories for your car-6313325921587606824.jpg
  • USB chargeable
  • Touch operation
  • LED bulb : White or Warm Yellow
http://s.aliexpress.com/nUNNjMFN
Price: Rs.485-00

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th January 2018 at 10:35. Reason: chargeable spelling
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 11:11   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
SF-010 : Reversing Sticker

Convex lens sticker that has to be pasted on the rear windshield. Increases the field of vision while reversing. You can call it a cheap rear view camera
Price: Rs.385-0
Been using it in my XUV for the last 3 years and it has been extremely useful. Works best with a glass that is near vertical and with no boot. Covers a lot of area that the reverse camera won't capture. Especially when reversing to a road and to look out for oncoming traffic. Will post some pictures with the scenarios.
bejoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 11:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Been using it in my XUV for the last 3 years and it has been extremely useful. Works best with a glass that is near vertical and with no boot. Covers a lot of area that the reverse camera won't capture. Especially when reversing to a road and to look out for oncoming traffic. Will post some pictures with the scenarios.
Does this create a concentrated hot spot on the parcel tray? I am guessing it works like a lens and will tend to concentrate the suns rays onto a particular point in the car. If there is a flammable item at the focal point, it could be potentially dangerous in my opinion. A slanted rear windscreen of a sedan would be more susceptible to this.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 14:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Does this create a concentrated hot spot on the parcel tray? I am guessing it works like a lens and will tend to concentrate the suns rays onto a particular point in the car. If there is a flammable item at the focal point, it could be potentially dangerous in my opinion. A slanted rear windscreen of a sedan would be more susceptible to this.
No it does not create any hot spot, for its size. But its a very valid concern. So basically its a heavily compromised version of a lens (Fresnel lens) made of plastic. I read that large Fresnel lenses are used as solar concentrators.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 15:42   #119

You might want to look at adding this in-car air purifier into your list of things:

Cair

Activated Coconut Charcoal based - contains natural things in it.

Quite useful for removing pollutants and other chemicals from inside your car. Manufactured by a delhi-based company.

I have used a couple of them - website always shows out of stock but bought mine from a store in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. Cheap too!
Pro-magnon Man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 17:36   #120
Senior - BHPian

I would strongly recommend the Resqme as an essential in any car.

It is a compact seat belt cutter & automated glass breaker. All you need to do to break the glass is to press it firmly against the glass about 6 inches from the corner.

It would literally be a life saver if it is needed to be used.

For the same reason, I would avoid cheap Chinese knock-offs as you need it to reliably work the one time you need it to work.

I hang it off the visor clip for easy, yet discreet, access.

Cost me about 2300 for 3 from Amazon India

Last edited by theMAG : 18th December 2017 at 18:58. Reason: Attempting to fix URL link. Further updates possible. EDIT-fixed.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks