Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2016, 19:36   #31

Re: MotorMood Classic: Show a 'Thank You' emoji to the car behind

I remember back in the 80s my dad brought a fun accessory from Dubai. It was a fun little soft toy in the shape of a man who would pull his pants down when you pumped the inflator. It was all manual and had a pump like the one used in old blood pressure monitoring instruments. All you had to do was to stick it to the rear windshield and pump when someone bothers you. I found a similar toy on Amazon US site https://www.amazon.com/Moonies-Toy-T.../dp/B001JTKF2O
razer2911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 08:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydogg View Post
In the UK, people use their dipper/flash their lights for the exact opposite reason as in India - to let you know its okay to cut in front of you or to let take a turn in front of you. Example: you're driving on the motorway and turn on your indicator to change lanes. More often than not, the motorist who you are going to cut in front of will flash his headlights to let you join in front of him and it is customary to turn on your hazard lights for a couple of seconds to say thank you!
So true!. I spent 13 years of my life in the UK and it was a rude shock when I moved back and started driving on desi roads again.
Flashing light has lost its meaning here. People on kerala roads think that flashing their light gives them the right to do any stupid thing on the roads.
Nowadays I just flash back at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
I returned from a brief visit to the West Coast US region today, and wanted to showcase one product which I reckon may make waves in India, particularly as a result of the heavy and hostile traffic situations we sometimes navigate through everyday- please take note this isn't form of any marketing gimmick by me nor do I have any relationship with this company.
Thanks for the post and it is quite a nice idea to have a smiley emoji to thank people. Although sometimes a smiley after overtaking can be mis-interpreted as a taunt and may lead to some rather unpleasant consequences.

Many a time I have wanted to have a display unit at the back of my car, where in I can display messages. But, these would be more on the lines of - 'wear your helmet you fool', ' if you want to learn slow driving, go to the playground', 'stop hogging the fast lane, you nut', ' stop using your mobile when driving', and sometimes even displaying certain rude hand gesture.
But then it ain't possible, so I just take a deep breath, cuss gently and drive on.
alphadog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 13:51   #33

Japanese way to say thank you..!!!
nit787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 16:04   #34
BHPian

Dynamic Display for fellow drivers

Many times I have felt the need for intimating/indicating/instructing the fellow drivers on the road i.e. instructing slow drivers to keep left lane etc. We convey these by gestures.
We were unable to convey these for loss of concentration for either of us.
But today technologies (alexa,google), we should be able to say, which can be displayed on an LED scrolling message.
Long back a young lady gave a victory sign after overtaking me.I wanted say
" I lead men but prefer to follow women".
Which messages/emojis you would like to convey to fellow drivers?
Old 20th February 2020, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Re: Dynamic Display for fellow drivers

One thing that amused me the most when I first travelled to Europe was the great sense of concern, and the culture to provide the right of way to pedestrians.

I still try and do that on our roads here - signalling those waiting to cross to do so - especially when I don't have vehicles tailing me.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 11:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Very cute , thanks for sharing!

Wish it explicitly had some 'thanks' text as well. If someone behaves really well on the road, I usually roll the window down and give him a . A lot of truck drivers respond to the thumbs up with a honk.
I also follow the roll down window & give & wave above the roofline method. Particularly on narrow rural roads. Invariably the lorry driver honks back, as if to say "u r welcome".
I remember one drive vividly. In 2008 we were driving from Sringeri to Chikmagalur in my new Santro. We had a tractor ahead of us who pulled off the road to let us pass. I gave him a wave and got a honk in reply. Some distance down the road we stopped for some photography and so were soon again behind the tractor. Same sequence repeated. The next time we stooped for photos he stopped behind us and came over to enquire if we had any problems. I pointed out the scene we were photographing and all he could do was shake his head in amazment. He was used to seeing the scene everyday.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks