Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 09:43   #31

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

@Insane Devil - Awesome find. I'm going to get my Creta AT delivered soon & was scouting for this very thing among others due to the fact that Hyundai presumed it would be OK to drop small but vital features such as this one.

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by bblost : 30th November 2016 at 10:37. Reason: See note.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:39   #32

Re: Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only

this device does not work on the manual creta. I had got a similar device from Aliexpress way back in july. Nothing happens
anikmankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:42   #33
BHPian

Does anyone know if it's possible to auto-lock doors of Honda civic 2006-2007 (manual) in similar way? I am missing same auto-door lock feature in my car, I think it's must have feature for all cars.
Old 4th March 2017, 13:56   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big shoutout to RSK for sharing this - thank you!

Quote:
Dear Team,

I would like to contribute to this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-050-only.html

I got info from the above discussion that auto-locking can be added to the Automatic Creta, but I have a Grand i10.

So any way, I ordered it taking a risk and informed the seller GZ WINGO that I will try the same with my Grand i10, and asked to find out what will be the CAN bus signals for door lock /unlock, gear drive/ park mode etc. He said okay and got the product customized for the Grand i10 Automatic.

Now it works on my car and he has put up a separate listing for the Grand i10 Automatic.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.ZRPYxX

I am helping them to do it for Manual cars as well.
Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-unnamed.jpg

Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-unnamed-1.jpg

Speed-sensing Auto Lock for the Hyundai Creta! Simple OBD module for Rs 1,050 only-unnamed-2.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 15:44   #35
BHPian

I had got in touch with them and they said no for Jazz Manual. Is there a way in which we can help WINGO figure out what needs to be done for manual cars? We can all help by sharing info if needed. I am sure it is not very coMplex since already we have keyless entry which detects does locked or not, so i5 just matter of knowing a way to tap a right signal for speed and door status.
In short happy to help let me know if there is any info needed from me. I have a 2012 Dec Jazz Manual.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 16:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
(Just remember to remove this when you give your Creta for servicing)
Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm stunned Hyundai skips an essential feature for a unit that would probably cost the user less than a professional car wash

Additionally, why do you mention to remove this before going to HASS? Will it void warranty if detected?
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 16:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Additionally, why do you mention to remove this before going to HASS? Will it void warranty if detected?
Two reasons:
  1. The service center will connect a laptop & scan tool to the OBD port to check for any errors logged, or to flash new firmware to the ECU. So best to keep the OBD port empty.
  2. Theft.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 18:51   #38
BHPian

Just got my Elite i20 2 months back and I did check the speed sensitive locking with the service guys at Trident. They also said it wasnt there for the Elite i20 but was there for the the older i20s (but had to be activated). Not very convinced, I asked the mechanic to bring the G-Scan OBD scanner, and sure enough verified that the option does not exist on the OBD Scanner as well.... so guess this feature is out of bounds for some of us!
Old 24th April 2017, 14:09   #39
BHPian

I saw this one at AliExpress which seems to be for the MT

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...803256946.html
Old 24th April 2017, 15:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mind View Post
I saw this one at AliExpress which seems to be for the MT

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...803256946.html
With some reasons the above link is not proper,pl follow this one

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...615.0.0.BL57Eq
amit_mind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 22:56   #41
BHPian

Has someone tried the manual creta speed lock available at the above link. I want to order but would like to know from one of our members who has already taken the plunge
Old 10th June 2017, 12:02   #42
BHPian

I got delivery of this for manual creta (diesel sx) yesterday. And it works like charm. I still don't understand how Hyundai could skip this feature.
pradeepmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 13:55   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay View Post
Did you change your Tyres also, coz if you have changed the profile it will have a difference on the FE. Get your wheel balancing done also
Indeed it is very convenient and important to have this. I also want the auto OVRM roll-up feature, but these relays are easy available locally, will get one done later this month.
Old 12th June 2017, 10:03   #44
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I checked with the dealer at the time of purchase of Creta and they were against both auto lock and auto rollup.
Claimed they had done this earlier but some cases of fuse blowups reported. So they dont do it anymore.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I checked with the dealer at the time of purchase of Creta and they were against both auto lock and auto rollup.
Claimed they had done this earlier but some cases of fuse blowups reported. So they dont do it anymore.
I think i20 has it. Even Creta SXO gets speed sensing door lock so fuse excuse is just bull shit.

Most Viewed