Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2017, 11:13   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There is no issue with performance. The streaks are present very close to the car and not visible from drivers seat. Also, I checked few old videos of mine and concluded that streaks were present from day one. According to Xenon Planet, it's a minor issue and would be rectified by proper bulb seating. I did not get it checked yet.
So do you still recommend Micro Fogs? I'm inclined to do it but waiting for 3inch fogs that they said would be available soon. Can you please share the wiring diagram as to how the lights were controlled?
Old 31st March 2017, 11:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So do you still recommend Micro Fogs?
XP Micro has huge improvement and night driving is effortless. I have checked output shots of other owners with XP Micro and most of them do not have any streaks like my setup. My advice is to check the XP Micro properly before installation. Look for streaks, cut off and hot spot.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:43   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
XP Micro has huge improvement and night driving is effortless. I have checked output shots of other owners with XP Micro and most of them do not have any streaks like my setup. My advice is to check the XP Micro properly before installation. Look for streaks, cut off and hot spot.
Also if you could send the wiring diagram as in how the connections were done. Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:49   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Also if you could send the wiring diagram as in how the connections were done. Thanks
I am not very sure about it. It was almost 1 AM when my installation was done.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 15:34   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Update : XP Micro Streaks

Rajat from Xenon Planet checked my projectors thoroughly. According to him, the bulb was not seating properly and also it required some fine tuning. He has assured me that the output has no streaks and little more brighter now. Due to lack of time, I would be getting it installed next month.

Corrected output shot of my Micro, as sent by Xenon Planet :
Attached Thumbnails
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20170404wa0038.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 22:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Update : XP Micro Streaks

Rajat from Xenon Planet checked my projectors thoroughly. According to him, the bulb was not seating properly and also it required some fine tuning. He has assured me that the output has no streaks and little more brighter now. Due to lack of time, I would be getting it installed next month.

Corrected output shot of my Micro, as sent by Xenon Planet :
This looks promising. Great improvement with a well centered hot spot. If the throw is also good enough, then this is perhaps all that you will need.
Old 10th April 2017, 22:40   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
This looks promising. Great improvement with a well centered hot spot. If the throw is also good enough, then this is perhaps all that you will need.
Yes, that's true. Actually I did not have any problem with the output. I am getting the XP Micro installed tomorrow . Bangalore trip came up early
Old 13th April 2017, 12:57   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I couldn't get the XP Micro re installed at Bangalore. I was busy with another modification ( Wolf Remap). I will get it installed during next Bangalore visit.

Also, Xenon Planet is getting another version of XP Micro fog projector. It has 3 inch lens and would be perfect fit in place of S-Cross fog lamps ( no gap around like 2.5 inch XP Micro)
Old 25th April 2017, 21:06   #69
BHPian

I have my appointment fixed for this Friday, 28/04 to get the 3 inch XP Micro installed in my EcoSport. Will share an update here since I think creating a new thread won't add any value. Though I was already sold on this product for the ease of installation, thanks to Dr. Naren for coming up with this review which helped me nail it down.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 21:53   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
I have my appointment fixed for this Friday, 28/04 to get the 3 inch XP Micro installed in my EcoSport. Will share an update here since I think creating a new thread won't add any value. Though I was already sold on this product for the ease of installation, thanks to Dr. Naren for coming up with this review which helped me nail it down.
Happy to hear that my review was helpful

I hope you would be satisfied with new 3 inch XP Micro. According to Xenon Planet, it's slightly better in output than my 2.5 inch XP Micro. Do post output shots post installation.

Cheers!!
Old 26th April 2017, 00:50   #71
BANNED

Quote:
I have my appointment fixed for this Friday, 28/04 to get the 3 inch XP Micro installed in my EcoSport.
Hey, that's nice as you're getting the 3 inch one over the 2.5 inch unit that was being sold.

If you don't mind, can you share the price of the 3 inch projector unit and details of the bulb used - wattage, Kelvin temperature?!
Old 26th April 2017, 03:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey, that's nice as you're getting the 3 inch one over the 2.5 inch unit that was being sold.

If you don't mind, can you share the price of the 3 inch projector unit and details of the bulb used - wattage, Kelvin temperature?!
I bought them a few days back when they were running a 15% discount. Projector costed 13600 and another 2000 will be charged for installation. I find the installation charges a little high but will see what effort goes into installing these. I currently see the Micros listed for 15000 which is 1000 cheaper than before. Specifications are, 4300k H8/H11 HID bulb and 35W XP Premium ballast with CANbus. I am unaware of the bulb make and would check it out on Friday or Dr. Naren can advise.

I would get a good idea on how they perform while traveling back to Jaipur from Delhi during late evening. Will surely post some shots by Monday since I would be busy attending my cousin's marriage over the weekend.

Last edited by k.sumit : 26th April 2017 at 03:28.
Old 26th April 2017, 09:43   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought them a few days back when they were running a 15% discount. Projector costed 13600
Was it the pay now and late delivery offer (15 percent discount)from Xenon Planet?

Quote:
I currently see the Micros listed for 15000 which is 1000 cheaper than before.
I just checked their website. Both 2.5 and 3.0 inch are listed at 15K.
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20170426_093743.jpg

Quote:
I am unaware of the bulb make and would check it out on Friday or Dr. Naren can advise.
My Bulbs are CN light H11, 4300k. You can choose 3000k / 4300k / 5000k / 6000k. 4300k is the most practical.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 23:28   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Was it the pay now and late delivery offer (15 percent discount)from Xenon Planet?
Yes, precisely the time when they were running a discount on delayed delivery. I have chosen 4300k too since visibility wont be problem during the winters.
Old 27th April 2017, 07:12   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, precisely the time when they were running a discount on delayed delivery. I have chosen 4300k too since visibility wont be problem during the winters.
Can you please share the actual snaps of the product here? And also of the wiring provided. Have they sent any relay with it?

Most Viewed