Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 13:00   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thanks a4anurag. Indeed Karan also mentioned to me about what was done in other cars like Swift - and I had already read your DIY thread also. But the space inside the Vista's bumper is all fully used up. There is no room to move anything at all.

Quite a design miss also, to make a car that leaves absolutely 0 room for customisation. I guess TML had received this feedback already and that resulted in the (not so good looking) facia of MANZA with a more bulging out bumper, that also then made its way to the Vista. Some things in the bay were also moved around a but compared to my version.

Why not projectors in headlamp? I used to have projector in headlamps in my Vista Petrol around 4 years back.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:31   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
Why not projectors in headlamp? I used to have projector in headlamps in my Vista Petrol around 4 years back.
I have already evaluated that. Did check with a supplier in Delhi who could give me a pair of headlamp clusters with 2 projectors in each along with angel eyes etc for about 25k.
Getting them to Pune is fine, but afterwards for any issues it will be a headache to get a fix.

There are hardly any trustworthy good placed in Pune who can retrofit the projectors in existing assembly. I do not want to lose the seal etc resulting in fogging inside the housing. Pune really has no good customization options when compared to Delhi NCR.

Also - I want "additional" lighting rather than replacing the existing lamps. A replacement will not give sufficient increase in the overall light output that I really need. So its more or less going to be Neolite1010s somewhere in front of the grille now.
Old 12th September 2017, 09:35   #198
BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Fixes applied

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
  1. Input power cables from stock connector provided. They are a secure fit now
  2. Ballast securely fixed with custom made brackets and bolted to the body.
  3. High beam solenoid connected with the water proof connector. This makes it easy to remove as well as plug and play
  4. Solenoid tapping with new set of PVC insulated wires, and the tap sealed with heat shrink tubes.
  5. Separate tapping for left and right projectors.
  6. They removed bumper and did a clean job.
Little late to read your post. Indeed a clean job , inspires confidence.

Can you also list the websites or shop where we can order the wiring, connectors & insulators.

I am running 2.5 inch XP micro on my maruti astar & want to get this mess cleaned up as soon as possible.

Thanks in possible.

Rgds,
Vinod
Old 13th September 2017, 13:55   #199
BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Fixes applied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Little late to read your post. Indeed a clean job , inspires confidence.

Can you also list the websites or shop where we can order the wiring, connectors & insulators.

I am running 2.5 inch XP micro on my maruti astar & want to get this mess cleaned up as soon as possible.

Thanks in possible.

Rgds,
Vinod
Hi Vinod,

I usually get connectors from AliExpress and eBay, depending on what I want. AliExpress takes a lot of time, 27+ days for delivery, but they are cheap and chances are you will find almost anything you want for your car's DIY.

For Wires, I always rely on Sardar Patrappa Road (S. P. Road), Bangalore. They have everything under the sun in terms of wires, cables, sleeves and tools. I love spending time there although the place is a mess all around.

You also need to talk in their language to get what you want. For instance

18 AWG wires means "1 square"
20 AWG wires mean ".75 Square" and so forth
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 02:39   #200
BHPian

Bumping an old thread but I had to post my experience on these XP Micros. When I initially started my conversation with Rajat, I was told that these are purely plug & play and there wont be an issue with warranty since no wires will be spliced. After a shoddy installation job at their Delhi center, I did not pay much attention till the time I took my vehicle for second service at Ford.

The SA warned me to remove these right away or they will void the electrical warranty of my vehicle and when I mentioned that these are purely plug and play, they showed me at-least 5-6 places where the stock wires were spliced I later got them removed and was shocked to see the mess they've made with the stock wiring. Heck, they did not even tape the spliced wires properly at places and they were left exposed. While installing, they broke the plastic locks of the silver/chrome fog lamp housing and cowls and Rajat mentioned that they probably cost 400-600 bucks for a pair to replace. Now that I have removed the XP Micros and wanted to replace the chrome cowls, Ford quoted 2400 per piece

I really regret my decision to believe them blindly and partly blame myself for not doing my homework before getting this "Desi Jugaad" installed on my Ecosport. I've now removed these micros and have installed stock fog lights however, I will have no option but to spend another 2400 on the chrome housing that they broke during the installation process. I later went back to Ford to show them that I have removed the micros and the SA and his manager obliged by not putting any remarks against the warranty of my vehicle. These will be up for sale in the classifieds section in a day or two for someone who knows how to install these without any issues.

Last edited by k.sumit : 28th December 2017 at 02:46.
k.sumit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 10:19   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Bumping an old thread but I had to post my experience on these XP Micros. When I initially started my conversation with Rajat, I was told that these are purely plug & play and there wont be an issue with warranty since no wires will be spliced.
Really sad man. I have gone through the exact same thing like you. The dealer had even updated in the system that my car has after market fog lights. As I said before on this thread, Rajat is a chronic liar. Xenon Planet is nothing but a bridge between Indian customer and Ali Express . Poor installation, charge more than double price and ESCAPE (when customer has issues)!!. I really regret for blindly trusting Rajat and XP and for writing this thread . They have also disabled and deleted reviews in their FB page. Good luck to their mission of cheating and looting unsuspecting customers.

Last edited by .anshuman : 28th December 2017 at 11:26. Reason: Edited typo on request. Thanks
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 16:46   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Based on my personal experience and many other Bhpian's, it's obvious that Xenon Planet is a total mess when it comes to installation and after sales support. As I said before, they are selling same Ali Express projectors at double price. But we have found a cheaper and better option : that's Sinolyn Fog Projector. Our Moderator Vid6639 had posted about this on Team Bhp few months back. It looked very promising and I suggested couple of guys and they bought from Ali express. Total cost was around Rs. 6500.

BHPian GSMINC and my good friend Sheikh have already installed it. They are very satisfied. I will share few pics .

Full kit
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20171220wa0094.jpg
Output pics : All off
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20171227wa0001.jpg
Fog projector : low beam
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20171227wa0005.jpg
Fog projector + Headlight : low beam
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20171227wa0002.jpg
Fog Projector + Headlight : high beam
XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img20171227wa0004.jpg
Thanks to Sheikh Ershad for the pics. Note that it's S-Cross delta and he has installed Phillips LED bulbs in headlights.

BHPian GSMINC has installed the same in his Brezza. He has posted about it here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4326981

Purchase links :
2.5 inch projector full kit
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/326842...dp2Kq#autostay

3.0 inch projector : (Bulbs are optional here and no ballasts)
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/327447...ea6JA#autostay

Ballasts : (There are few options, choose 35W / 55W)
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...34eccf1e4VK8zf

Note : XP Micro / IPHCAR / Sinolyn are all same

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 30th December 2017 at 17:07.
Dr.Naren is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 12:24   #203
BANNED

Can you just post his exp. about this product.
Even i wanted to buy it from same supplier. Just wanted to know how the delivery is done.

I have lancer with dual beam headlight. I have fitted projectors on 1 beam. Wanted to fit some thing like this in second beam.
Old 1st January 2018, 12:44   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoel99 View Post
Can you just post his exp. about this product.
Even i wanted to buy it from same supplier. Just wanted to know how the delivery is done.
There were different shipping options. The seller had billed for very less amount and my friend did not pay any customs duty.

Quote:
I have lancer with dual beam headlight. I have fitted projectors on 1 beam. Wanted to fit some thing like this in second beam.
This projector is basically designed for application outside headlight. You can retrofit it even in headlight, but there are better options available
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 19:20   #205
BHPian

Off-topic but could not find another related post.

I am looking at getting projector setup in my Linea T-Jet as the low beam is absolutely pathetic.
1. Can anyone recommend me a good installer in Bangalore?
2. What would be the ideal projector size and brand to look out for?

Thanks,
Arun
Old 4th January 2018, 19:28   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
1. Can anyone recommend me a good installer in Bangalore?
Yet to find a good installer in Bangalore. Nobody is good .

Quote:
2. What would be the ideal projector size and brand to look out for?
For headlight retrofits, Morimoto is the best. Go with Mini D2S 4.0. It is 3 inch in size. Better to opt for 35W ballasts for long term reliability. Remember that headlight has to opened and resealed for projector retrofit.

If you do not want to open headlights, fog projector is the best and cheapest option. It will definitely improve low beam
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 21:47   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yet to find a good installer in Bangalore. Nobody is good .
Pretty surprising since I thought that cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad are a hub of mods/customization and always envied the residents considering the vast choices they have. Getting skilled resources for such jobs is pretty difficult to find and you eventually have to trust someone or the other do a good job. The end result can be decent or as disastrous as XP. You got it bang on, they are nothing but a bridge between India and Ali Express with 2X the price.

Looks like we still have years ahead of us when we get to see experts like TRS operating on our shores. Probably its a price we pay for being a price conscious market.

Last edited by k.sumit : 8th January 2018 at 21:51.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2018, 14:51   #208
BHPian

@Dr.Naren Whats your view on this

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...12b15a87VVxcfl
Old 18th February 2018, 15:20   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzail View Post
@Dr.Naren Whats your view on this
I do not have much idea about this. This is wannabe bixenon projector .

A Bhpian has installed it in Ecosport. Check this post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3949263

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 18th February 2018 at 15:23.
Old 23rd April 2018, 18:23   #210
BHPian

Anyone here has a link to 5500K HID H11 bulbs for Sinolyn Bi-Xenon fog lamps please?

Most Viewed