Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2018, 17:48   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
As I shared in earlier post, kit @6900 consists of TC-X ballast and IPHCAR bulb alongwith IPHCAR projectors.

Please let me know if I am missing something. I just started getting acquainted with these lighting terminologies .
The kit will come with mounts for the projectors and connectors for wiring. If you are particular about CN light brand, check with Blaze India for the pricing.
Old 20th July 2019, 10:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
As I shared in earlier post, kit @6900 consists of TC-X ballast and IPHCAR bulb alongwith IPHCAR projectors.

Please let me know if I am missing something. I just started getting acquainted with these lighting terminologies .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The kit will come with mounts for the projectors and connectors for wiring. If you are particular about CN light brand, check with Blaze India for the pricing.
How do these IPH/ Xenon Planet "fog light projectors" get a signal for high beam?
Old 16th August 2019, 19:13   #228
BHPian

Worst after salesexperience

I bought the projectors over a year ago, and soon after purchase I realised like most others that these are just repackaged and sold. I installed them and the orocut did it's job but a month or so ago one of ballasts stopped working. Despite repeated emails and them acknowledging that the ballast is indeed not working and that they were going to send me a new one (as my product was still under warranty) they didn't send it. Moreover, they stopped responding to my email, my Facebook messenger messages and now they have blocked me as well.

Stay away from xenonplanet guys
HimuraKenshin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 20:41   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Bumping an old thread but I had to post my experience on these XP Micros...... After a shoddy installation job at their Delhi center, I did not pay much attention till the time I took my vehicle for second service at Ford.
Hi there, can you please name their Delhi center?
Old 15th September 2019, 10:27   #230
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice. I purchased the iPHCAR Projector Fog Lamps from Blaze India. The Bulbs are 55W Bulbs with Ballast. I realized I have done the right move after seeing the comments on the thread here now about Blaze India.

However, the car under consideration here is the Honda City. I got the fitment done yesterday at A1 Car Care, Jayanagar, Bangalore. They did a good job of fitment. However I am not too happy with the results. Below are some pictures:

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20190911_173256.jpg
IPHCAR Projector Fog Lamps from Blaze India

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20190914_195908.jpg
Low Beam: Headlight + Fog

XP Micro: Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps. EDIT: Terrible experiences-img_20190914_195922.jpg
High Beam: Headlight + Fog

While, the Light produced by the Fog seems to be very powerful, due to the low height of the City being a Sedan, the throw seems to be very less. Is there any angle adjustment that can be done with these Fogs? Should it aim higher? Please suggest. Will try to get some pictures tonight with just the output from the Fogs.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 15th September 2019 at 10:29.
Old 15th September 2019, 10:59   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice.
I'll suggest to click some snaps against a wall, first only with your headlight low beam and then only fog lamp low beam. The distance should be around 20-25 feet from car to wall. Then see if they are aligned or not. If you can find a dead end street, that would be perfect as it would help in looking at the side level also.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 11:40   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'll suggest to click some snaps against a wall, first only with your headlight low beam and then only fog lamp low beam. The distance should be around 20-25 feet from car to wall. Then see if they are aligned or not. If you can find a dead end street, that would be perfect as it would help in looking at the side level also.
Thanks for your suggestion - looks like it is working well. I have taken some pictures against the wall - will provide a detailed report soon. I think my initial eye measurement was possibly not correct.
Old 16th September 2019, 11:53   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

The "premium" 55W fast start ballast from Xenon Planet stopped working in my Baleno. I sent a message to XP and there was no response.

I ordered the ballast from Blaze India, hope to receive it soon. The price was just 1350 for 1 ballast (TCX brand) , 55W quick start

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 16th September 2019 at 11:59.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice. I purchased the iPHCAR Projector Fog Lamps from Blaze India. The Bulbs are 55W Bulbs with Ballast. I realized I have done the right move after seeing the comments on the thread here now about Blaze India.

However, the car under consideration here is the Honda City. I got the fitment done yesterday at A1 Car Care, Jayanagar, Bangalore. They did a good job of fitment. However I am not too happy with the results. Below are some pictures:

[!ATTACH=IMG_20190911_173256.jpg]1915188[/ATTACH]
IPHCAR Projector Fog Lamps from Blaze India

[!ATTACH=IMG_20190914_195908.jpg]1915189[/ATTACH]
Low Beam: Headlight + Fog

[!ATTACH=IMG_20190914_195922.jpg]1915190[/ATTACH]
High Beam: Headlight + Fog

While, the Light produced by the Fog seems to be very powerful, due to the low height of the City being a Sedan, the throw seems to be very less. Is there any angle adjustment that can be done with these Fogs? Should it aim higher? Please suggest. Will try to get some pictures tonight with just the output from the Fogs.
Fog lamps aren't meant for distance lighting, it only lights up the immediate area surrounding the car. On SUVs they can light light up further down the road as they sit higher but not on sedan. Aiming them higher will only cause glare to others. Also remember excess light near your car will cause your distance vision to deteriorate as eyes adjust to more light near the car. You should not use high power fog lamps while on highways for this reason.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 12:59   #235
BHPian

Quote:

However, the car under consideration here is the Honda City. I got the fitment done yesterday at A1 Car Care, Jayanagar, Bangalore. They did a good job of fitment. However I am not too happy with the results.

I am using the IPHcar fog projectors in my Aspire and suffer from the same issue. The fog lamps in the sedans are close to the ground and hence there is too much illumination near the immediate surroundings of the car. You can try upgrading the headlight bulbs to something more powerful or try using a 35W HID kit in the fog lamps.
Old 16th September 2019, 14:21   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
I am using the IPHcar fog projectors in my Aspire and suffer from the same issue. The fog lamps in the sedans are close to the ground and hence there is too much illumination near the immediate surroundings of the car. You can try upgrading the headlight bulbs to something more powerful or try using a 35W HID kit in the fog lamps.
Thanks for your feedback. Currently both Fog and Headlight seem to be highlighting the same area which is why I could not estimate the Fog output initially. So I will need to re-tune the Headlight to aim a little further ahead. My Headlights have already been upgraded to LEDs (hand picked LEDs that don't scatter light and have a good beam pattern with cut off.)

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 16th September 2019 at 14:23.
Old 16th September 2019, 19:25   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. Currently both Fog and Headlight seem to be highlighting the same area which is why I could not estimate the Fog output initially. So I will need to re-tune the Headlight to aim a little further ahead. My Headlights have already been upgraded to LEDs (hand picked LEDs that don't scatter light and have a good beam pattern with cut off.)
Adjusting the headlights is the only way to make things better. I too aligned my high beam a little up higher and it made a huge difference. Overall, it is much better than the stock setup now.
MrBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 23:26   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
How do these IPH/ Xenon Planet "fog light projectors" get a signal for high beam?
We need to connect the solenoid wires of the fog projectors to the high beam circuit. In my case, I connected the wires to the H4 female socket without cutting or splicing any wires or without using a scotch lock. I did it myself and hence no wiring was damaged. So basically, the high beam powers the solenoid.
MrBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2019, 13:33   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
We need to connect the solenoid wires of the fog projectors to the high beam circuit. In my case, I connected the wires to the H4 female socket without cutting or splicing any wires or without using a scotch lock. I did it myself and hence no wiring was damaged. So basically, the high beam powers the solenoid.
Did you add an inline fuse or something? Effectively the same wiring is now doing extra work than what was designed, right? When in high-beam (not just flash), the solenoid will continue to draw power to remain in position. Or thats all taken care of in the stock wiring quality & no need to worry much? I have no idea - curious because I'm thinking of doing this setup in my car in a couple of months.
Old 20th September 2019, 18:36   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Did you add an inline fuse or something? Effectively the same wiring is now doing extra work than what was designed, right? When in high-beam (not just flash), the solenoid will continue to draw power to remain in position. Or thats all taken care of in the stock wiring quality & no need to worry much? I have no idea - curious because I'm thinking of doing this setup in my car in a couple of months.
The solenoid is a magnet that raises the shutter so that the beam becomes high beam. It even works with a 9V battery. The solenoid will definitely draw current when in high beam but I guess it should be negligible to affect the wiring.

I've been using Micro Fogs for last 2 and half years as well as Mini V3 in headlamps for last 3 months. My fog lamp high beam is connected to the low beam of headlights and there is a switch to control it. Basically I can switch on high beam of fogs even when I'm using low beam of headlights just by flick of a switch. Details of wiring in my ownership thread.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed