Team-BHP - K&N Air intake system for Accord
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   K&N Air intake system for Accord (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/1817-k-n-air-intake-system-accord.html)

I was thinking of putting a K&N filter and the intake pipe in the Accord (2002 model) i dunno much about this so needed u guys to help me out ....How much more bhp will this pump up?(141 is the current bhp on the car) ...will it make a siginifcant difference in the performance? And what about the milage? will it reduce coz my car is automatic and i keep flooring it so the average is pretty low...and lastely how much will this whole intake system with the filter and stuff cost and who is the best to fit it from in bombay?
10x

Hi sahil

K&N doesnt increase bhp by itself. What it does is improve the overall intake which improves the breathing thereby giving better performance.

If you talk plainly in terms of mileage, expect a 2-5% increase (conservative estimate).

The cost for such a system for an Accord i hazard should be no more than 7k.

Revv

mileage increases with a K$N air filter?

I thought in a MPFI car the electronics sense an increase in air-flow and hence increase the petrol flow to the engine....hence increasing the power a bit...but mileage?

Hi Tom

Remember the ECU in a MPFi car though set to the spec as set by a factory is inherently flexible. When it detects the presence of a new fitment like the K&N, it will initially respond to it as a foreign object, just like the human body does. However once it gets used to the fact that the filter takes in more air, it will automatically adjust to the new setting and accordingly ensure the fuel-air mixture burns lean.

I will try to technically answer your question when i garner the precise information.

Revv

Master...MAster...keeping the air-fuel mixture a constant. When more air flows in......

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ June 02 2004,23:39)]However once it gets used to the fact that the filter takes in more air, it will automatically adjust to the new setting and accordingly ensure the fuel-air mixture burns lean.

Hey Revv,

That aint correct info IMO.
The ECU tries to keep the mix perfect under normal driving conditions.
You wouldnt want you engine running lean, it causes more problems than running rich! like overheating, detonation etc.

do a retake on that
cya
R

doesnt the increase in the air mass increase the overall volumetric effciency of the engine which results in a better mileage or average or less fuel consumption .. im not sure though .. pls debate over it

in a carb car.....when u go for a high performance air-filter like the K&N or UNI
more air flows in...so it is always advised to upjet accordingly to compensate with the extra air-flow. But then spot on jetting can be a pain in the as$.

However this adjustment is done automatically by the ECU in MPFI cars.

guys ,
me has less technical knowledge about cars as i have graduated in electronics and telecom.
my zen has a free flow and a k&n as well.
how can filter increase the mileage .as when more air comes in ,the ecm will dtect it and supply more fuel to keep the same original mixure of air and fuel.
so the fuel consumption should increase.this is what i think.
plssss help.???

A friend of mine has an Injen air induction kit on his '02 Accord, and he really claims it drops his FE. Havent checked that yet but yeah it does have a slight performance gain.

Sahil, if you are still looking I have an almost new K24 Accord Typhoon kit for sale. Its with Karan of KS Motorsport..

i think the k and n increases the airflow into the engine and the factory ecm which is fairly flexible will increase the fuel flow slightly so fe goes out of the question.
but with your k and n it might be advisable to put in a fuel pressure regulator. so your car runs on 12:1 ratio . take your car to a good tuner to check the existing air fuel ratio. and then after fitting both the k and n check the ratio. if its still running lean , then put in a jackson racing powercard . chec again. if its still lean then add on fpr . the lean engine should be running pretty good after this.