Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2007, 23:25   #166
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pix...

Last edited by karthik247 : 28th February 2007 at 23:27.
Old 28th February 2007, 23:52   #167
BHPian

We got it DONE ( it rockz )

hey all
Guess what i finally got my tail lights and so did another BHPian friend of mine Karthi247 we had great fun we went to the paint booth and did a lot of testing and the results where great - no its magnificent - the ratio does actually work ( like magic )

this is how my tail lights used to look ignore the BOSS Bass tube its temperory

next a lot of sampling after TRIVANDRUM BHPians hed to the car dump and got hold of some head and tail lights, after couple of minutes look what we achieved
(Left Shabeeth [BHP-xinome] Middle Karthik [BHP-Karthik247] Right Nikhil [BHP-Nikhilv12])

and finally we did it on our very own headlights and the result see for yourself AMAZING HUH!!!

Shabeeth BHPian - [ xinome ] Moded Alto

Karthik BHPian - [karthik247]

Tommorow we will be doing the very same thing on NIKHIL'S (nikhilv12) blue moded indica but in blue lets see how it works out

POST BLUE RESULTS TOM
cheers BHPians
VROOOOOOOOMM!!!!!!!!!
Old 1st March 2007, 00:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

looks nice can you also post some pics with the brakes lights on.want to see how it looks then.

Rev
Old 1st March 2007, 00:37   #169
BHPian

sorry revtech will get them done it hasnt spoiled the illumination at all infact i cant find a lot of difference its quite bright actually will get pics of all our cars uploaded tom cheers!!!!!!!
Old 1st March 2007, 09:47   #170
BHPian

we never thought it would be so easy!!!!! well now i am gonna try blue paint on my car's tail lamps!!!!!
Old 1st March 2007, 11:51   #171
BANNED

mine mine mine.

Old 1st March 2007, 12:34   #172
BHPian

Isnt it dangerous blackened head lights dude dont compromise your safety for looks .............. yes you can go for blackened taillights though isnt there some kind of covers for head lights like you clip it on during day and remove it in the night.....that will be a very good invention some thing like made according to the car headlights the shape out of plastic install the clips with headlight screws and then follow day and night procedure........
Old 1st March 2007, 12:36   #173
Senior - BHPian

Good work Guys (Karthik/xinome/nikhil) - great of you to do the R&D and post the pictures

Can you summarize the process please. Basically, the following queries:
  • How many parts of lacquer to 1 part of paint
  • How many layers did you guys get done
  • Did the paint fellow use a brush or the spray gun
  • what did you pay him per pair of say the Alto
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
  • What car does the above light belong to?
Quote:
  • Why did you leave the gaps in the Alto. thats spoiling the look IMHO.
Quote:
  • Looking at the pics above your tail-lights seem to have this matt-black look against the shiny look of some other people lights. Why is that? Frankly I prefer the matt look. good job.
Please reply to the bullet points individually as it would REALLY help this thread moving forward.

Finally, last and most important question -
  • So you guys think we can go ahead straightaway or any special things to keep in mind in terms of precautions etc?
Regards,
manveet
Old 1st March 2007, 12:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
mine mine mine.
A night picture with the lights on please.

Also, a day picture in sunlight so that we can make out the finish
Old 1st March 2007, 12:53   #175
BHPian

GO FOR IT!!!!
I will get images with our car tail lights on if you like it go for it, and their are no precautions to be taken, just be their when they spray the coat and see how dark you want it will reply to your thread with images by tonight latest..

k bhpians
Old 1st March 2007, 14:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

@Manveet
Its 5parts thineer to 1part black paint. Don't remember exactly how many layers we did, but u can always stop when u think its black enough or paint it a lil more..

The guy used a normal spray gun. My car has the matt black finish cuz i didn't put clear coat over it and i'm also gonna leave it ladat. If u want u can apply clear coat later to get the glossy effect.

And the headlights we are holding up are some bike headlights. We just got them from the junkyard to experiment...and it worked

The brake/indicator/reverse lights are visible in daylight so no need to worry about that. But doing it for the headlamps is not advisible as it'll definately reduce the intensity of the light.

Last edited by karthik247 : 1st March 2007 at 14:13.
Old 1st March 2007, 22:56   #177
BHPian

thats pretty cool im getting it done tommorrow! thnx tvm guys!! but yeah how much should it cost me ?? and why did you need to remove your bumper on the alto ?
Old 1st March 2007, 23:01   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
thats pretty cool im getting it done tommorrow! thnx tvm guys!! but yeah how much should it cost me ?? and why did you need to remove your bumper on the alto ?
He removed the bumper to get his exhaust fitted... Go ahead n do it.. Mix thinner n paint in 5:1 ratio. Even if its lighter u can apply another coat to make it dark.
Old 1st March 2007, 23:20   #179
Senior - BHPian

but what happens when you want your taillights to look normal again..after the paint....can it be removed..?
Old 1st March 2007, 23:38   #180
BHPian

Quote:
but what happens when you want your taillights to look normal again..after the paint....can it be removed..?
wanted to ask the same thing......well on inquiry a denter/painter told me that it can be removed but then the lights will look bad (lose of shine-dirty unclean look) is this true ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks