Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 21:06   #241
BHPian

Oh.That is because some idiot on a two wheeler came and hit my bumper.Sadly number plate got disfigured.Night shot without flash.Taillights+Indicators.

How are headlights and taillights blackened?-p5064438.jpg
Old 7th May 2010, 14:51   #242
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Night shot without flash.Taillights+Indicators.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I guess they are bright enough . Again, congrats on a fantastic job. Those blackened tail lights have transformed the look of your Getz.
Old 7th May 2010, 17:55   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Got my light blackened out for 500 Rs.Paint not sun film.

Attachment 342864

Attachment 342865
brilliant job, exactly what i was looking for, the semi darkened look.
where exactly in Bangalore did you get it done.
And try to stick the Numberplate on your boot above the sticker.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:38   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I guess they are bright enough . Again, congrats on a fantastic job. Those blackened tail lights have transformed the look of your Getz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
brilliant job, exactly what i was looking for, the semi darkened look.
where exactly in Bangalore did you get it done.
And try to stick the Numberplate on your boot above the sticker.
Thank you sir!

Got it done at a place called Sai colorium in JP nagar 1st phase near I.G circle.The place was shown to me by Vik0728.Im very grateful to him.
Actually the light is much darker than what it looks in the pics.

Last edited by punterccrx8s : 7th May 2010 at 18:41.
Old 9th May 2010, 17:06   #245
BHPian

Hi everybody, the blackening of the tail lights is actually called as "SMOKING" of the tails lights. It is usually done with one part of black paint mixed with 5 parts of thinner and then sprayed on the inner side of the tail lights.

A single quote can be applied for a simple greyish effect and a two or 3 coats can be applied for that perfect black look. Please be aware that this completely hinders the reverse light when applied for 2 or more coats and will reduce the visibility of the brake light by more than 50%.
Old 9th May 2010, 20:37   #246
Muzungu

is it legal to paint your tail lights into black/smoking?

fixing of registration plates on any part of the car other then where its suppose to be?

painting tail lights is playing with the safety of the car!

this should not be encourage atleast on Tbhp which is a responsible forum!

Old 9th May 2010, 21:52   #247
Senior - BHPian

People should also consider vehicles with reverse lights embedded into the brake lights.
It will be very difficult to reverse with a completely smoked tail lamp.
Old 10th May 2010, 07:05   #248
BHPian

I don't think it is illegal to smoke the tail lights as I have not seen or heard any of friends getting caught bcoz of smoking their tail lights.

But it is for our safety that we don't smoke the tail lights so dark that we do not allow the person behind to see our brake lights.
Old 30th May 2010, 00:51   #249
BHPian

My friend also got his tail lamps smoked at autopsyche.His is a black cedia sports..which had chrome tail lights earlier. Now that the tail lights are black, on a black car, it has a mafia look. and i am a big fan of the mafia car look. They sprayed something onto the outside of the tail light, left it to dry and then told us to bring it back for buffing the next day. it suits black cars best but i realy think that during monsoons at night , with so many old cars and particularly busses and truck with wipers that dont work , safety may become a concern.
Old 30th May 2010, 01:05   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The two of you have made regular hatchbacks look mouth-wateringly delicious!

I'm very tempted. Only concern : The brakelights dimming substantially. Can you post some pictures taken at night with the brake lights on, and no flash?
Rush, I recently Smoked Tailights for a friend of mine. will post pictures soon. He is a member here but I forgot his username
Old 31st May 2010, 13:25   #251
BHPian

Is headlamp smoking done in India. I know of taillamps. I was going through an international blog where someone had recommended using high quality window tints with the right percentage on their headlamp.
Will this work, like a 3M tint. A few questions I had on this was.
1. Since this will be placed on top of the headlamp and not inside link in window glass, will exposure to sun destroy it over a period of time.
2. Will the heat generated from the lamps spoil or melt the film.
3. Will this process cut the illumination levels from HID's or halogen bulbs. If so by what percentage

Hope to hear from guys who have tried this already, if not based on your imputs whould not mind giving a try on this.

Last edited by Sportsmind : 31st May 2010 at 13:26.
Old 31st May 2010, 13:41   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmind View Post
Is headlamp smoking done in India. I know of taillamps. I was going through an international blog where someone had recommended using high quality window tints with the right percentage on their headlamp.
Will this work, like a 3M tint. A few questions I had on this was.
1. Since this will be placed on top of the headlamp and not inside link in window glass, will exposure to sun destroy it over a period of time.
2. Will the heat generated from the lamps spoil or melt the film.
3. Will this process cut the illumination levels from HID's or halogen bulbs. If so by what percentage

Hope to hear from guys who have tried this already, if not based on your imputs whould not mind giving a try on this.
I think they can paint your headlight the same way they paint taillights.

Im sure it will cut the illumination levels of light.Percentage mainly depends on level of darkness of the tint or in case of paint the number of coats.
Old 12th June 2010, 10:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
My friend got his tail lights smoked using sunfilm. Extra care should be taken while using sun films. Make sure that the edges are smooth without any curls. Best way of doing so is by using heat gun. End result was excellent which had a gloss effect.
Any place in Trivandrum for smoking tail lights using sunfilm ?
Old 12th June 2010, 13:58   #254
CCP

There is one Korean Paint (Spray cans) available in market for smoking the tails lamps. You can directly apply it on your tail lamps. One coat for light smoking and 2 or 3 for dark. These paints are removable, you just need to clean it using brake fluid.

Regards

Car Custom People.(CCP)
Old 12th June 2010, 14:17   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCP View Post
There is one Korean Paint (Spray cans) available in market for smoking the tails lamps. You can directly apply it on your tail lamps. One coat for light smoking and 2 or 3 for dark. These paints are removable, you just need to clean it using brake fluid.

Regards

Car Custom People.(CCP)
Could you please post the details of the paint and a picture if possible,any info about availability would be welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks