Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2004, 02:59   #16
Team-BHP Support

awesome Team Fiat! would love to see you guys racing sometime..
Old 15th May 2004, 03:01   #17
BHPian

Cool bud keep in touch we are always here to help our fellow team mates
Old 15th May 2004, 05:18   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (need4speed @ May 14 2004,22:12)]Did you know, the old italian fiats used to have their engine heads chromed, but they were later painted black to save on costs for the company. Thats what i want to do to the engine compartment. Chrome everything possible. I have a chrome plater right next door to me, but he doesnt touch anything that looks like a car part.
Hey N4S,

I have spoken to a lot of people knowledgable and trustable people about chrome plating (needed for my bike), but they have all said that the quality of chrome used is not upto the mark. (A slight yellowish tint to it rather than a bluish tint?). Also i cant clearly remember but i dont think anyone does "hard chroming" which is the good stuff.
Apparently theres some place in Gujrat that does good chrome plating (with the better quality stuff)!

cya
R
Old 15th May 2004, 12:50   #19
BHPian

hey kev lovely lookin fiat there man i wud really like to see it in flesh.how bout the exhaust i just love the fiats exhaust sound man really a nice lookin group too.
Old 15th May 2004, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Koolsun thanks dude yes they are beautiful machines well all our cars have freeflows, headers and sport mufflers some locally made and some imported
u should hear their tones man its music to the ears well keep it commin do any of u guys know ny guys with modded fiats ?
Old 15th May 2004, 20:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 15 2004,03:48)]Also i cant clearly remember but i dont think anyone does "hard chroming" which is the good stuff.
Hey Rehaan,

There is a hard chroming workshop just two mins walk from my place at goregaon. But its an expensive affair, and they i guess they dont do it on casted parts.
There is this place at saki naka where they do chrome plating on bullet parts. My cousin had got his bullet parts plated there. its good for abt a year. The monsoon plays havoc on the plating. However much u protect it, the humidity and heat gets to it. What they do is, coat a layer of copper on the aluminum casting. Then nickel-chrome it. Aluminum doesnt let anything stick to it easily. So its only a matter of time before the coating begins to peel off.
Old 16th May 2004, 03:55   #22
Team-BHP Support

Hey N4S,

Yeah i hear the chroming does not last long at all..thats the problem here. I dont know much about the process but i do agree that aluminum is i painful material to bond!! I once needed to bond it to wood for a project...tried everything from epoxy to wood glue to gorilla glue, superglue..etc etc .....ended up having to use nails!!

cya
R
Old 16th May 2004, 14:35   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

HEy TF those are really some good mods. Check out this modded Fiat caught by Nishant.

Formula India : Tuned Fiat

BTW does anybody own a Dukkar Fiat in ur group???
Old 16th May 2004, 16:40   #24
BHPian

Hey V12 man u wont belive this my car is of the same colour with same colour stripes but bigger in with man do u know whos car is that and where is it from this car had come in the overdrive and TF was all out to meet him and check out is mods but could not contact him I dont think there are any upgrades in the engine or on the exaust system the only mods our his rims and wheels man I feel so disapointed when I see a car which looks just like mine but no probs hey man pls could u PM me with the owner of this car thank man
Old 16th May 2004, 16:45   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey TF, it was Stratos who took these pics. I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

Any more pics of ur car, TF?
Old 16th May 2004, 16:57   #26
BHPian

V12 thank mans a lot for the pic will be posting some new pics whn I get back to India in June man I got to know where the guy with this fiat is from will PM stratos thanks dude again for the pic
Old 16th May 2004, 18:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

hey tf. did u get my pm??
Old 16th May 2004, 23:54   #28
BHPian

Aadix no dude I didn get ur PM anyway pm me back wll check it out???

Old 17th May 2004, 02:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]BTW does anybody own a Dukkar Fiat in ur group???

Hey V12... Aditya owns a Dukkar .. well not the round rear one but the one after that its 1 962 model . Aditya even has the original Magnetti Marreli key with him

Cheers
Old 17th May 2004, 03:32   #30
evo
BHPian

dunno wat to say...i had to close my mouth physically .....i was so stunned.....this has totally changed the image i had abt padminis....hats off to u non conformists
!

Most Viewed