Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2004, 04:37   #31
BHPian

Thanks Evo and thank you all u guys for the response TF got from ur pic ,hope to Put some more up soon so keep in touch guys
Old 21st May 2004, 00:41   #32
BHPian

Yea, a well tuned Fiat is awesome to ride (rather than to look at). I have quite a history with modified fiats, its brilliant to learn drifting in one, actually. Well cant say drift, its more of a controlled tail slide (that doesnt last long, but surely raises the tiny hair on ur body! )

Anyway I dont mean to steal the show of this thread, but I hate to start a completely new thread, mainly coz its just a thought at the moment.
I have a Palio Diesel 1.9 *which is in mumbai, and me being out of town for work most of the time* its more of a spare car at the moment. Could any one of you give me some details / suggestions on tuning it?
Not full tuning, but just may be a turbo, a power/performance chip (if available for a palio d. that is) !
How much would it set me back (buying/fitting)? Would you recommend a suspension / tyre change. It has some shitty company 14" alloys but are a much firmer ride than the original alloys that came with it.
And I guess the standard Fiat Palio Suspension is pretty stong and stiff, but I may be wrong.
I have no idea of the market scenario at the moment, as I said the thought just came to my mind, and my only intention of tuning the car is to blow away those annoying hatches (zen/santro and its likes) in the city and on highway!
I'd really appreciate some help and suggestion. On do you think a turbo and a power chip is a good idea on a Palio D. ?
Old 21st May 2004, 01:05   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
I have no idea of the market scenario at the moment, as I said the thought just came to my mind, and my only intention of tuning the car is to blow away those annoying hatches (zen/santro and its likes) in the city and on highway!

Fiat has exactly the product for this situation - The Palio 1.6 GTX. Rumours are that it is yet being produced on order, and the last I checked...prices were hovering around 4.5 lacs on the road in Bombay.

Sell the 1.9D and add the money that you were going to mod it up with. Get a 1.6 GTX for 4.5 or better yet...go for a pre-"worshipped" example at 3 lacs. You can never go wrong with a 100 Italian horses in a hatch!

Loads more modding options this way too...In fact I am tempted to buy one myself now after looking at market prices.

GTO
Old 22nd May 2004, 00:01   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Sell the 1.9D and add the money that you were going to mod it up with
You really think so GTO?
That was definetly 'not' the answer I was hoping, but I'll surely consider it! Thanks
Old 22nd May 2004, 05:13   #35
BHPian

Hey Guys guess what today I picked up my woofer and amp both sony explod
woofer 12inch 1200 watts 350 is its Rms, and amp 500 watts man its so cool and guess what Its Japanese and only cost me 6000 INR isnt that great or what ! cant wait to get it installed in the car any new mods with u guys ?
Old 1st June 2004, 23:18   #36
BHPian

hi guys where is every body my comp shows me new entrys till the 22 only how come ?? any way bought some new stuff for my ride simota air filter and pioneer speakers and a player ( BEAC Japanese ) where are u guys
Old 2nd June 2004, 14:20   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Fiat @ June 01 2004,21:48)]hi guys where is every body my comp shows me new entrys till the 22 only how come ??
Lol....maybe its coz uve been away so long!
Goto the indivdual sections and the icons will show u all the posts uve not read!
I hope everyone does this anyway because sometimes there are SO many new posts that when u click "new posts" it only shows u the LATEST x number of posts.

cya
R
Old 4th June 2004, 06:48   #38
BHPian

HI guys IM BACK man I thought I lost u guys or my comp is screwed well been very busy in Saudi well u know about the shooting in saudi right it took place not far from my house my dads friend knew the indian that was shot in the car by the terrorist all our indians are very scared to get out of their houses because these guys said they would kill more indians because we indians killed their brothers in pakistan and Kashmir man these guys are really crazy most of the expats are leaving the country. Man I even heard the gun shots belive me it was scary well I only got a week left then I will be back in MY INDIA home well my dad and mom are comming down to for a break they realy need it well keep in touch guys
Old 5th June 2004, 17:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

heheh ,
u heard the gun shots means ...that the gun had a free flow

satya
Old 5th June 2004, 17:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 20 2004,23:35)]I have no idea of the market scenario at the moment, as I said the thought just came to my mind, and my only intention of tuning the car is to blow away those annoying hatches (zen/santro and its likes) in the city and on highway
Pferdestärke
there is no way that ur polio oops palio will ever blo w away a zen .
ask any zen or santro who had the misfortune of buying a palio ,aas top what is more annoying.

dont dare u call a zen annoying.
and the only vehicle that u can blow away will be truck
the palio diesel may be good car ,but not better than a zen in terms of performance

satya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks