Team-BHP - Tissue box in your car - Useful or useless?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Tissue box in your car - Useful or useless? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/182807-tissue-box-your-car-useful-useless.html)

For the past few years I have seen a number of cars wherein a tissue box will be kept in rarely used condition on parcel tray. I never completely understood the concept of keeping a tissue box on the rear parcel tray. When I first bought a car in 2013, I also followed the herd and kept a tissue box in my vehicle which was never put to use and finally I had to take it out to my workstation for using it.
Back in the 90s when my dad owned an Ambassador car, it didn't had the AC unit and whenever we used to go out in our vehicle, dad will invariably keep a hand towel for wiping the sweat from his face and the steering.
I feel with majority of cars being purchased with inbuilt AC, the need of keeping a tissue box looks like "following the herd mentality". Having said that, there might be vehicle owners who will be using these tissues to the best of their utility, but mostly I haven't seen any use of these.
Mods please remove the thread if the post is inappropriate.
Thanks.

I use them regularly, always in AC leaves my face kind of oily and I sweat a lot on my palms - it doesn't matter what temperature. No tissue = awkward hand shakes after I get out of the car.

I wouldn't call it herd mentality, Poor choice of words my friend.

It's an emergency saviour when my kid vomits inside. She did that way often when she was about one. It still risky on long twisty roads. Thanks to those tissues Ford gave us :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDED (Post 4115310)
For the past few years I have seen a number of cars wherein a tissue box will be kept in rarely used condition on parcel tray. I never completely understood the concept of keeping a tissue box on the rear parcel tray...
I feel with majority of cars being purchased with inbuilt AC, the need of keeping a tissue box looks like "following the herd mentality".

Herd mentality is not in keeping the tissues in the car, but keeping it on the rear parcel tray where it is difficult to access for a lone driver. I have never understood the concept of keeping it on the rear deck. What I do is to keep a few tissues in the box under the armrest. Even with A/C on, the tissue is useful for various other emergencies.

I figure it is always better to have the tissues and not need them, than the other way around. Same reason why we keep tire inflator or toolkits. My tissue box is on the parcel rack only when the car is full, else it is always on the rear seats. Have found it useful many times even.

I guess it comes down to the hygiene habits than anything else.

I have tissue boxes in all my cars. In the Fiesta, it was kept on the cavity in the passenger side of the dashboard. In the Nano & the S Cross, since there is no cavity, I bought a tissue box that can be clipped onto the sun visor.

The tissue boxes have been used quite frequently in all the cars, especially on long drives and when my son/wife is not keeping well (cough, leaky noses, vomit etc).

I have two boxes with tissue paper in the Fiesta. One on the rear parcel tray and one inside the under seat storage on the front passenger side. Nothing fancy, just a large and small box from Premier. And also some wet wipes on the seat back. All of these are very useful in the shorter trips and completely indispensable for the long ones.

I keep wet wipes in the glove-box. And if there are few tissues, they are in the seat-pockets or in a bag. I do not have a dedicated box and nor do I plan to keep one either.

I threw out the box of tissues as soon as I got them with the new car. And replaced it with a micro-fiber cloth for cleaning/wiping the interiors. I really don't like "stuff" lying inside the car.

I used them for cleaning my glasses occasionally. And also when kids are eating inside car some times.

I have kept a box of tissues in my car since 1973. I prefer the throw away cloth ones. More sturdy and do not tear easily even when wet. As has been rightly said, they are at least give a big sense of security even though they are rarely required. With kids in the cars they were used often. No no more. But then Grandchildren repeat the history.

I keep the wet tissues. It feels refreshing and really helpful in the long drives.

I use one of these

Its the most convenient location

Tissue box in your car - Useful or useless?-41gstczyudl.jpg

I actually keep wet tissues in the glove box, Its a trouble getting tissues from the parcel tray incase you need to clean something while your alone and sitting on the drivers seat in the car, Wet tissues also refreshes you, Keeping them in the glovebox makes it easier to access.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinya_jag (Post 4115312)
It's an emergency saviour when my kid vomits inside. She did that way often when she was about one. It still risky on long twisty roads. Thanks to those tissues Ford gave us :)

Same here! The stuff was barely used until that ONE time when I wasn't well prepared on a long trip. Kid decided to projectile vomit all over the car and I was scrambling for cover.

Used the few cloths here and there but finally had to get the tissues out. While not a fun experience, I was very thankful I didn't offload the tissue box. Now it's standard long-distance equipment. :)