Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 18:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
I bought one Bosch AQT 35-12 pressure washer after reading the detailed review by Samfromindia. For the last two months it was working quite well. But I must say Bosch has provided the high pressure hose which has very poor build quality. Within two months of usage, it developed leakage in two distinct places rendering the entire pressure washer useless unless I buy a new hose. The rubber tubing including internal braided fabric is exposed. Such flimsy things which are meant to be used in garage are not expected from a manufacturer like Bosch. Did anybody face the same issue?
They have clearly mentioned in the manual somewhere that the pipe must not bend, else it'll get damaged and might rupture while using.
Although I didn't have any issues with the hose, but I had to change my trigger gun within less than an year as it developed cracks on the inner surface.
I tried all sorts of jugaads, but none worked.
At last went and brought a new one for 1300 bucks.

If anyone is facing any leakage issues from any of the pipe connection's please take a look at the O-ring condition, and get it changed.
The replacement ones from Bosch cost 200 for a set of four.
I got all the different sizes that are required for the machine from a hydraulic spare shop for 50 rupees and set of five each.

Last edited by francis_vaz : 25th September 2018 at 18:24.
francis_vaz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 09:10   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did anybody face the same issue?
Its a known issue with the Bosch models, and one has to be extremely careful while handling it. I have the Bosch AQT 130 Model, and I have to be extra careful with the hose, as its too easy to damage it.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 14:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Hey glad that you found this review helpful ! Coming to your queries:

Secondly, you need a proper snow foam lance and a snow foam concentrate for those creamy foam which clings to the car. Besides that, the car shampoo is made for contact wash while snow foam concentrate is more aimed for contact less wash. So its recommended to use them over normal car shampoo.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4136155

Replying to an old message - you can consider this a long term reply to the long term review

After getting your inputs I went ahead and got the MJJC lance off AliExpress to replace the shampoo spray that Bosch sells - I did not change the shampoo I was using because I was already using a Snow Foam concentrate all this while.

The results are staggering. With the Bosch head attached and using purely the shampoo concentrate at 100% with no water... I would get a soapy liquid on the vehicle which would drain off in 20-30 seconds.

With the MJJC nozzle, the same pressure washer and the same foam concentrate (now diluted to 20% concentrate and 80% water) results in the sort of thick ice cream like foam that you see in the better commercial setups.

Thank you for sharing your feedback - it convinced me to take the plunge and order online. To anyone reading this, a proper snow lance is a MUST!
TwistedFaith is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 16:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Such flimsy things which are meant to be used in garage are not expected from a manufacturer like Bosch. Did anybody face the same issue?
Really sad to hear about your bad experience I normally baby my products so thankfully i didn't face this issue yet. I will be extra cautious in future after reading about your experience. Do let us know if you did any patchwork to fix it. I know few people who did preventive action for protecting the high pressure hose by covering it inside a normal hose and sealing the ends together. There is always an option to get a new 6M hose (Provided one is 5M) that costs around 1k

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-2.jpg

http://amzn.in/d/j1aYQXd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
With the MJJC nozzle, the same pressure washer and the same foam concentrate (now diluted to 20% concentrate and 80% water) results in the sort of thick ice cream like foam that you see in the better commercial setups.
Good to know you went ahead and bought yourself a proper foam lance ! Hope you noted what i mentioned in previous post:

Quote:
  • Both 1.25 & 1.1 mm nozzles are given for standard and lower powered pressure washer (See manual for more details). AQT 35-12 falls just between the two(+Pressure 120bar/=Power 1500watt/-Flow rate 6L/min), but i kept using the 1.25mm one.
  • Foam is sufficiently thick and creamy even without using 1.1mm nozzle. Will test using the smaller one and let you guys know in future.
The provided 1.1 mm nozzle will provide creamier foam. However i was happy with the existing foam and didnt swap. Those with lower & less powerful models should definitely swap the nozzle as per instructions provided in the manual

Last edited by Samfromindia : 1st October 2018 at 16:29.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 20:07   #50
BHPian

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Quote:
A year passed, the unit is performing flawlessly These days i do foam wash once a week and rub off the hard grime with a wash mitt.

I was searching for a thread like this as I was interested in buying a pressure washer. After your long term review, I am sure that I would buy a machine soon.
Some points I want to discuss:
What about the models like Bosch Aquatek 130? Are they only new model for AQT 35-12?
Whether I should go for AQT 35-12?
Suggestion needed for whether to buy it online or from a shop?
How much difference in pressure is there compared to car wash centres?
Thanks
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 10:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I bought one Bosch AQT 35-12 pressure washer after reading the detailed review by Samfromindia. For the last two months it was working quite well. But I must say Bosch has provided the high pressure hose which has very poor build quality. Within two months of usage, it developed leakage in two distinct places rendering the entire pressure washer useless unless I buy a new hose. The rubber tubing including internal braided fabric is exposed. Such flimsy things which are meant to be used in garage are not expected from a manufacturer like Bosch. Did anybody face the same issue?
I had the same issue. I bought a 2nd hose and wrapped it in a cycle tube to protect it. It looks ugly, but so far I have not had any problems.

I was using mine to clean tiles and outdoor areas - through the monsoon the outdoor area at our farm gets really slippery and there is usually a thick layer of algae on the tiles. The first time I cleaned it - the machine had to work hard, but subsequent cleaning was a breeze.

I don't expect the machine to last long, since all its been doing at the moment is farm work. Overall though I am quite happy with the machine.

I have used it to wash the car only once

Quote:
Really sad to hear about your bad experience I normally baby my products so thankfully i didn't face this issue yet. I will be extra cautious in future after reading about your experience. Do let us know if you did any patchwork to fix it. I know few people who did preventive action for protecting the high pressure hose by covering it inside a normal hose and sealing the ends together. There is always an option to get a new 6M hose (Provided one is 5M) that costs around 1k
Patch work did not work for me. I tried all sorts of things, even heavy duty pipe sealant tape form the USA.

Like i said above - I wrapped the hose in a cycle tube - cut up the tube into half (down the middle) and then did a warp and this has worked quite well. Adds some rigidity and strength to the hoze.

Sam.

Last edited by Samir Taheer : 5th October 2018 at 10:31.
Samir Taheer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 22:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Some points I want to discuss:
What about the models like Bosch Aquatek 130? Are they only new model for AQT 35-12?
Whether I should go for AQT 35-12?
Suggestion needed for whether to buy it online or from a shop?
How much difference in pressure is there compared to car wash centres?
Thanks
Hi Prateek,

1: Bosch has a lot of models to suit every requirement & budget. Key things to look for during comparison are: Power, Flow rate & Max pressure. Also check for the accessories which come with the package like 90 degree nozzle, patio cleaner etc to name a few and whether you have any use for them. The 130 model which you mentioned is one of the more powerful & expensive models which bosch sells. I bought mine for 6.8k only as it fell within my requirements & budget. The online sale will start this week, so better watch out for good deals.

2: You can go for 35-12 or any other model where you find a good deal. Just compare the parameters which i mentioned above and make a informed decision.

3: In offline you can get it from stores like Metro cash & carry. I bought it online as i found a much better deal here

4: Any good car wash centers have professional washers capable of producing a much higher pressure and running for extended periods of time. In AQT 35-12 manual its written to use it strictly for personal use. That being said it does a pretty good job during the weekly cleaning i used to do. If you have intentions to use it professionally, look elsewhere.

Here are the latest products of Bosch:

https://www.bosch-garden.com/gb/en/g.../aqt-tools.jsp
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 23:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prateek,
Thanks a lot. I think I will go for the one that would be cheaper in the coming sale.
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:24   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prateek,

Here are the latest products of Bosch:

https://www.bosch-garden.com/gb/en/g.../aqt-tools.jsp

Hi Samfromindia,
I bought aqt 35-12 last week in big sale of amazon. I tested it yesterday and following observations are there on which I am confused.
1- The machine didnt power up on a power plug and the motor was making very low noise. Then switched to another place and machine liven up.
2- When connected to another place everything was connected perfectly. The water inlet pressure was also very high as it can be seen by hose pipe swelling up. But, after removing air I switched on the machine and insted of 2-3 seconds it was continuously running and no pressure came from gun. I had to stop it and then again started after sometime then it started and switched off in 2 seconds. After that there was proper pressure from gun. This happend 2-3 times during my washing. The machine itself started running without me doing anything.
3- I changed the hose with smaller dia one and then again started the machine. Same thing happend but only once. After that it was working properly.

Did you face anything like this during your ownership?

I also foung that the pipe is very short for my usage. I have a Safari Storme and I had to move my machine 3-4 times to cover up the whole vehicle. Do you suggest for the extension pipe accessory from Bosch? Is there any pressure drop you faced with extension pipe?

It would be helpful if you and our fellow members can answer any of my querry as my product is in 10 days return policy.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I bought aqt 35-12 last week in big sale of amazon. I tested it yesterday and following observations are there on which I am confused.
Quote:
1- The machine didnt power up on a power plug and the motor was making very low noise. Then switched to another place and machine liven up.
The machine is sensitive to voltage fluctuations, and I face this issue sometimes. There's nothing as such that you can do, because it's the quality of electricity supplied that causes this to happen.
Although on a safer side, I would suggest you to make a separate connection using higher gauge wires to run the machine as it uses around 1500 watts.
Quote:
2- When connected to another place everything was connected perfectly. The water inlet pressure was also very high as it can be seen by hose pipe swelling up. But, after removing air I switched on the machine and insted of 2-3 seconds it was continuously running and no pressure came from gun. I had to stop it and then again started after sometime then it started and switched off in 2 seconds. After that there was proper pressure from gun. This happend 2-3 times during my washing. The machine itself started running without me doing anything.
Even if you remove the air, there is a small chance it might have not been completely removed. The machine starts after you turn the knob to right and will keep priming until the required pressure is reached, after that it'll stop priming and you can use it as desired.
Quote:
3- I changed the hose with smaller dia one and then again started the machine. Same thing happend but only once. After that it was working properly.
Smaller pipe means lesser air trapped in the pipe, that's why the machine started immediately.

Quote:
I also foung that the pipe is very short for my usage. I have a Safari Storme and I had to move my machine 3-4 times to cover up the whole vehicle. Do you suggest for the extension pipe accessory from Bosch? Is there any pressure drop you faced with extension pipe?
I haven't used the extension pipe so won't be able to comment on the pressure drop.

Quote:
It would be helpful if you and our fellow members can answer any of my querry as my product is in 10 days return policy.
There is no need to return the machine, it's working absolutely fine. Just a heads up to be extra careful with the rubber hose and the trigger gun.
francis_vaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:30   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prateek,

I think you haven't read the instruction manual properly.
  • First like always make sure you have connected the unit to a proper plug point with correct wattage rating like Francis said.
  • Connect the water inlet hose to the unit. Do not turn the machine on yet.
  • Connect the water gun, press the trigger till you see water coming out as a narrow jet, without the machine turned on. Keep holding like that until the inlet hose and the machine is free from any air bubbles. Input pressure will also stabilize this way.
  • Turn the machine on and press trigger. See if it works properly. Any air bubbles in intake will harm the motor. Also never operate machine without any water flow in intake.

As for the extension accessory, please refer to my older post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4350586 (Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer)

Quote:
The only problem i am facing is the cord length which is not sufficient to keep the unit in one place and move around the whole car. Yes the 35-12 model has wheels and can be pushed to move easily, but you have to take care of the plug point also. I am thinking of purchasing the original extender accessory from Bosch which adds 6m to the existing hose:

http://amzn.in/4AcHr0G

Attachment 1724387

Attachment 1724388

Attachment 1724389

+ It will enable me to keep the unit at a safe distance away from water splashes and move effortlessly around the car while washing.

- The accessory is very much overpriced i think.
- Some user reports mentioned that there is some loss of pressure due to the extra length of hose.
- Quality issues, some users complaining that it didn't last long for them.

Still i will probably buy it just for the convenience. Hope the pressure loss is not much noticeable.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post

Even if you remove the air, there is a small chance it might have not been completely removed. The machine starts after you turn the knob to right and will keep priming until the required pressure is reached, after that it'll stop priming and you can use it as desired.

Thank you Francis for your feedback. I think you are right that if there is any air in the system, the motor will keep going before coming to auto stop on the first time.

Quote:
Hi Prateek,

I think you haven't read the instruction manual properly.

• Connect the water inlet hose to the unit. Do not turn the machine on yet.

• Connect the water gun, press the trigger till you see water coming out as a narrow jet, without the machine turned on. Keep holding like that until the inlet hose and the machine is free from any air bubbles. Input pressure will also stabilize this way.

• Turn the machine on and press trigger. See if it works properly. Any air bubbles in intake will harm the motor. Also never operate machine without any water flow in intake.
Hi Sam, I am following the same steps as you mentioned. Without turning on the machine I waited for 2-3 minutes with trigger pressed. I got a uniform stream of water. Then when I switched the machine on, it doesnt switched off in 2-3 seconds instead kept going on till a minute so I switched it off. This happend when there was a good uniform stream of water coming out from gun. I will again do the same and will let you know that was it a one off case.

Quote:

As for the extension accessory, please refer to my older post below:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4350586 (Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer)

Your ownership experience had made me go for the machine and I went through all your posts, but I didnt find any update on how it is going on. Like after using it for long, have you faced any issue or pressure loss.

Thank You.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Without turning on the machine I waited for 2-3 minutes with trigger pressed. I got a uniform stream of water. Then when I switched the machine on, it doesnt switched off in 2-3 seconds instead kept going on till a minute so I switched it off. This happend when there was a good uniform stream of water coming out from gun. I will again do the same and will let you know that was it a one off case. Like after using it for long, have you faced any issue or pressure loss.
Please try again and make a video if possible. The machine can also be problematic. Better find the root cause of the issue. I understand it must be pretty frustrating for you to go through all these problems with a new machine

Actually i didn't buy the extension hose yet, which is why i never updated. You can check product review comment section of the product page in amazon/flipkart.
Old 22nd October 2018, 15:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Francis for your feedback. I think you are right that if there is any air in the system, the motor will keep going before coming to auto stop on the first time.
No problem, happy to help.

Quote:
I am following the same steps as you mentioned. Without turning on the machine I waited for 2-3 minutes with trigger pressed. I got a uniform stream of water. Then when I switched the machine on, it doesnt switched off in 2-3 seconds instead kept going on till a minute so I switched it off. This happend when there was a good uniform stream of water coming out from gun. I will again do the same and will let you know that was it a one off case.
Please check if the nozzle in the front that contains the filter is clogged. It's the transperent nozzle.
Secondly make sure that the water coming to the machine, that is the inlet water pipe is free of bends and water is coming continuously without any interruptions. The problem you are facing can also arise if the inlet water pressure is very less.
If the problem still persists, then get it replaced from Amazon itself.

Last edited by francis_vaz : 22nd October 2018 at 15:16.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 09:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Please try again and make a video if possible. The machine can also be problematic. Better find the root cause of the issue. I understand it must be pretty frustrating for you to go through all these problems with a new machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
No problem, happy to help.

Thank you for your suggestions. Yesterday I tried everything again and everything went right. It worked in one go. Only thing I am thinking to go for is the extension pipe.
I am eager to make a DIY suction hose to supply water from a bucket. If I get successful, I will let you all know.
Prateek19 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks