Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 00:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

Well....I took the plunge and settled for Karcher. Was very close in buying Bosch but didn't like the attitude of the service center when I enquired about warranty if purchased online...something I didn't find Karcher so bad with but who knows in the future.
Tried the soap jet thingi that came with the set and just experimented with my standard 3M shampoo and was surprised with the amount of foam generated.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpg  

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-2.jpg  

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-5.jpg  

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-6.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 17:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Well....I took the plunge and settled for Karcher. Was very close in buying Bosch but didn't like the attitude of the service center when I enquired about warranty if purchased online...something I didn't find Karcher so bad with but who knows in the future.
Tried the soap jet thingi that came with the set and just experimented with my standard 3M shampoo and was surprised with the amount of foam generated.
Wow that's super ! How much did you pay for this & model number ? You can buy a foam concentrate for even thicker foam and they are designed for contact less cleaning unlike shampoo. However spraying shampoo is also an option. On my bosch there is a detergent nozzle but it never gives this kind of foam like you have given in this pic so i bought an aftermarket attachment like i mentioned earlier.
Old 4th February 2018, 22:46   #33
BHPian

A year passed, the unit is performing flawlessly These days i do foam wash once a week and rub off the hard grime with a wash mitt.

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_2917.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_2918.jpg

The only problem i am facing is the cord length which is not sufficient to keep the unit in one place and move around the whole car. Yes the 35-12 model has wheels and can be pushed to move easily, but you have to take care of the plug point also. I am thinking of purchasing the original extender accessory from Bosch which adds 6m to the existing hose:

http://amzn.in/4AcHr0G

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-2.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-3.jpg

+ It will enable me to keep the unit at a safe distance away from water splashes and move effortlessly around the car while washing.

- The accessory is very much overpriced i think.
- Some user reports mentioned that there is some loss of pressure due to the extra length of hose.
- Quality issues, some users complaining that it didn't last long for them.

Still i will probably buy it just for the convenience. Hope the pressure loss is not much noticeable.
Samfromindia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 16:29   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
A year passed, the unit is performing flawlessly These days i do foam wash once a week and rub off the hard grime with a wash mitt.
Thanks for sharing a "long term ownership review"

I had a question for you though - First some context; I have purchased the AQT 37-14 about six months back. Since I couldn't find any foam lance at the Bosch store and I was desperate to use it as soon as I got home, I picked up the Detergent Nozzle from them.

I also bought a supposed "Snow Foam" from Amazon.in - will go into that later.

Now coming to the question I had for you. In the picture you shared, it looks like you have some foam on the car, but nothing like the really thick and super sticky stuff they show in most Youtube videos. I wanted to know if the picture you took is a good representation for what you get in terms of snow foam with the Bosch plus Snow Lance plus Snow Foam concentrate?

Particularly because even though I have one item less (substitute Bosch Detergent Nozzle for the Snow Lance from your setup) - I seem to be getting pretty much the same amount of foam out of the device.

Interestingly enough, even the 3M shampoo (which is supposed to be used in a bucket) tends to generate a decent amount of foam. If that is the case then it probably makes sense to just stick to the Detergent Nozzle instead of trying to get a proper Snow Lance.
TwistedFaith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 17:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith View Post
Thanks for sharing a "long term ownership review"

I had a question for you though - First some context; I have purchased the AQT 37-14 about six months back. Since I couldn't find any foam lance at the Bosch store and I was desperate to use it as soon as I got home, I picked up the Detergent Nozzle from them.

I also bought a supposed "Snow Foam" from Amazon.in - will go into that later.

Now coming to the question I had for you. In the picture you shared, it looks like you have some foam on the car, but nothing like the really thick and super sticky stuff they show in most Youtube videos. I wanted to know if the picture you took is a good representation for what you get in terms of snow foam with the Bosch plus Snow Lance plus Snow Foam concentrate?

Particularly because even though I have one item less (substitute Bosch Detergent Nozzle for the Snow Lance from your setup) - I seem to be getting pretty much the same amount of foam out of the device.

Interestingly enough, even the 3M shampoo (which is supposed to be used in a bucket) tends to generate a decent amount of foam. If that is the case then it probably makes sense to just stick to the Detergent Nozzle instead of trying to get a proper Snow Lance.
Hey glad that you found this review helpful ! Coming to your queries:

If you just want to shampoo wash, there is a detergent intake in the unit itself which will suck shampoo concentrate and spray. Refer my initial post for pictures and details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4118399

The optional detergent nozzle may be helpful for storing large amount of shampoo concentrate or in those cases where the unit doesn't come with an inlet, but i believe your model already supports it.

Secondly, you need a proper snow foam lance and a snow foam concentrate for those creamy foam which clings to the car. Besides that, the car shampoo is made for contact wash while snow foam concentrate is more aimed for contact less wash. So its recommended to use them over normal car shampoo.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4136155

Thirdly the amount of foam depends on a lot of factors. One of them is the max pressure the washer has. More powerful washer will have thicker foam. Then my foam lance came with two nozzles. The thicker one is meant for bigger units with more flow while the thinner one is meant for lower powered units. I am still using the thicker one although my power is on the lower-mid side (120 bar) as i was too lazy to change it Using that will increase the thickness of foam by quite some extent. Then finally it all depends on when you click the picture. Initially the foam appears thick and full. With time it gets flat.

From my experience i have seen amazon dealers charge as much as 3-5 times the amount which aliexpress offers for foam lance units. The one i have is working without problems and supports both high & low power washers like i mentioned above.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 18:10   #36
BHPian

Folks, just bought the AQT 35-12 but the plug is of 16 A. Started searching for more information and came across this wonderful thread.
Unfortunately, I have no AEH plug close by to wash place and even the heavy duty 16A extension cords available in Amazon are of max 4m length which does not suffice.

Question - Does it need the AEH source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source? Thanks
Acelerar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 02:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
Folks, just bought the AQT 35-12 but the plug is of 16 A. Started searching for more information and came across this wonderful thread.
Unfortunately, I have no AEH plug close by to wash place and even the heavy duty 16A extension cords available in Amazon are of max 4m length which does not suffice.

Question - Does it need the AEH source or can I use plug adapter and use it with normal 6A source? Thanks
I am having the same issue. I plug a 5-15 A converter in my 5A socket. A 15A Anchor extension cord is plugged into the adapter and the pressure washer unit is finally plugged into the extension cord. From my experience, its easier to buy these adapters and extension cord from your neighborhood electrical shop than online. Also unlike extension cord, i didn't find any good brands selling 5-15A adapters. On prolonged usage i saw the adapter heating up, but it never caused any issue. I use the same adapter for running my Xbox 360 console but the heating issue is not there as it draws very less power. So you can use it till you get a new point installed
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 13:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, this machine has a rated power input of 1500W @ 230V. A 5A wiring circuit is rated up to 1000W. You should invest in installing a direct circuit to garage with 16A point, MCB and wiring with a minimum 2.5 mm^2 diameter. I assume you already have a RCCB and proper earthing in your household.

Quote:
Folks, just bought the AQT 35-12 but the plug is of 16 A.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th July 2018 at 13:54.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 17:24   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
On prolonged usage i saw the adapter heating up, but it never caused any issue. I use the same adapter for running my Xbox 360 console but the heating issue is not there as it draws very less power. So you can use it till you get a new point installed
That 16 amp 3 pin plug is provided for a reason. The motor is an induction type and has high start up and running current of over 5 A. I'd request you guys to please not use adaptors to plug in the appliance into a 5 A socket.

I have the 42-13, the 1900 W model, which also has a 16 A plug. What I have done is made a custom made extension box using 2.5 sq. mm 3 core wire which just about suffices. It's not ideal because I'd have preferred 4 sq mm 3 core cable. These 3 core cables are easy to buy at a good electrical store. Buy Finolex, Havells or PolyCab cables.

Please don't compromise on safety with a high power draw AC appliance that is used in wet environments.

PS - Remember, these appliances have the same running current draw as some air conditioners!

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th July 2018 at 17:28. Reason: PS
R2D2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 09:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
That 16 amp 3 pin plug is provided for a reason. The motor is an induction type and has high start up and running current of over 5 A. ..
Thanks R2D2. As suggested, I got a custom extension box made with 2.5 sqmm and 16 A plug/socket.
Acelerar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 16:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks R2D2. As suggested, I got a custom extension box made with 2.5 sqmm and 16 A plug/socket.
The only drawback with using a custom made extension cable is it is not splash resistant. You get extension sets overseas meant for use humid or wet environments. Therefore, one needs to be careful. Consider wrapping the box in a plastic bag before use to protect it from splashes and spray. Run the extension cable on the wall hooks. I believe precautions are required to prevent accidental shock or electrocution given it takes just 0.1-0.3 amps of electricity to stop the heart and kill depending on the environment.

Also wire gauge increases with distance as there will be a voltage drop in the conductors over a specified length for a given voltage and current. Voltage Drop Calculator

Approx. conversions for wire gauge - metric 2.5 sq mm = 13 AWG, 4 sq mm = 11 AWG

Last edited by R2D2 : 13th July 2018 at 17:00.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 20:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:

I ordered the following snow foam lance from Aliexpress on 3rd Jan for around Rs 1260 :
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...608.0.0.UFXO9j
Hey Sam, I have been using the Bosch AQT35-12 for the last one and half year. I brought the foam bottle from Amazon itself when I purchased the washer. I have been using it with Niks car shampoo.
But it doesn't have that thick foamy output as I wanted.
Since you are using the MJJC foam lance, does it work as advertised or it is just the same as the Bosch one.
I am planning to order it from AliExpress, there are two models one of plastic and other of metal.
Which one did you buy and is there any difference apart from the weight and durability of the metal connector.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 01:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
Hey Sam, I have been using the Bosch AQT35-12 for the last one and half year. I brought the foam bottle from Amazon itself when I purchased the washer. I have been using it with Niks car shampoo.
But it doesn't have that thick foamy output as I wanted.
Since you are using the MJJC foam lance, does it work as advertised or it is just the same as the Bosch one.
I am planning to order it from AliExpress, there are two models one of plastic and other of metal.
Which one did you buy and is there any difference apart from the weight and durability of the metal connector.
Hello !

You mentioned you bought the foam bottle from amazon. Is it a proper foam bottle which i have or the Bosch detergent nozzle which i mentioned in my previous post here ?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4118399 (Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer)

The detergent nozzle wont give you the creamy foam. In case you have the foam bottle and still having problems, please check the following:

Answering the last part of your question, my lance is still in good shape despite the innumerable number of drops it was subjected too
Mine is having metal connector which you can see in pics, but a plastic connector wont be bad i think, given all connectors which came with pressure washer are plastic. Hope this helps !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 09:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hello!
Hey thanks for replying.

Quote:
You mentioned you bought the foam bottle from amazon. Is it a proper foam bottle which i have or the Bosch detergent nozzle which i mentioned in my previous post here ?
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4118399 (Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer)
Yes that's exactly the one I have, didn't knew that time there would be so much of a difference between the two products.
Was too lazy to research .

Quote:
The detergent nozzle wont give you the creamy foam. In case you have the foam bottle and still having problems, please check the following:
I am using Niks car wash foam shampoo.
Niks Car Wash Foaming Shampoo - 1 Ltr. Premium quality With extra Thickness Formula (Lavender Flavor) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07CKG5RQS/..._cHFKBb11CW11M

Quote:
Answering the last part of your question, my lance is still in good shape despite the innumerable number of drops it was subjected too
Just what I needed.

Quote:
Mine is having metal connector which you can see in pics, but a plastic connector wont be bad i think, given all connectors which came with pressure washer are plastic. Hope this helps !
So metal it is.
francis_vaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 11:54   #45
BHPian

I bought one Bosch AQT 35-12 pressure washer after reading the detailed review by Samfromindia. For the last two months it was working quite well. But I must say Bosch has provided the high pressure hose which has very poor build quality. Within two months of usage, it developed leakage in two distinct places rendering the entire pressure washer useless unless I buy a new hose. The rubber tubing including internal braided fabric is exposed. Such flimsy things which are meant to be used in garage are not expected from a manufacturer like Bosch. Did anybody face the same issue?
Blooming Flower is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed