Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2016, 03:01   #1
BHPian

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

When it comes to washing & detailing my car, i have always been a DIY guy. There are very few instances i haven't washed the car on my own, like during those service center visits. I have collected a handful of basic detailing stuffs like clay bar, waterless wash, shampoo, wax, dashboard cleaner and tons of quality microfiber, wash mitts & drying towel.

My detailing kit
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-20160109_123352.jpg

Newly acquired wash mitt
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_225632.jpg

Although the tried & tested 2 bucket wash is the way to go, it takes quite a lot of effort if u plan to follow it up with a clay/wax cycle. Also its hard to clean the crevices and under body manually. The Ford service does a decent job vacuuming & pressure washing the car and charges only 350rs if you want to go for cleaning only. However its not feasible to go out every time and Q up, also it lacks the personal touch and satisfaction of doing it yourself your way. In my city there are very few detailing and foam wash outlets. I decided to try a clean at doorstep solution once, but that didn't turn out very well. More on that in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/180388-bad-experience-motor-spa-kolkata.html

With all those in mind, i decided to invest in a pressure washer and be independent from professional help. There are lots of options when it comes to pressure washer. After reading many reviews, the Bosch AT 35-12 seemed to make sense for my requirement & budget.

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-1.jpeg

https://www.flipkart.com/bosch-aqt-3...FHRFV4WZRCTJU5

Normally this guy retails for 8500 INR. But that was my lucky day. Flipkart was selling that for a jaw dropping price of 6750 !

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-price.jpg

The complete unit
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_105014.jpg

Instructions
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_105221.jpg

Guarantee Card
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_105341.jpg

Service center locations
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_105658.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_105824.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-12.jpg

Snow foam concentrate bought from Amazon
http://www.amazon.in/PROKLEAR-Snow-Foam-Concentrate-Shampoo/dp/B01MDJTDZB/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1483046300&sr= 1-8
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161223_220111.jpg

Video instructions to use it:

Car 2 secs after spraying through detergent nozzle
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_130645.jpg

Detergent intake reach
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_130856.jpg

Washing in progress
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_132747.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-img_20161226_133920.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 04:02   #2
BHPian

re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

My thoughts after using this:

+Compact and easy to use. Can be folded and stored with ease.
+Its very easy to assemble and use the product just by looking at the diagram that came with the manual.
+Lots of accessories available like the Patio cleaner, 90 degree nozzle etc.
+Pressure is more than adequate for home use. The supplied 3 in 1 nozzle is sufficient for most needs.
+The fan jet is for regular washing of car while the detergent mode can be used to apply shampoo.
+ The unit turns on and off intelligently as long as i press and release the trigger respectively.
+The rotary mode is very powerful and shouldn't be applied on car. I briefly tried this on bike and a decal simply lost its surface and became white
+Self priming feature is built in although i don't use this.
+Length of power cord is decent. However i need to use a extension cord (Needs the bigger 15A socket)

- Quality of plastics is very basic and felt cheap at times.
- The supplied high pressure hose could have been a bit longer. I can just stretch from the back to the front of my sub 4M car.
- Detergent intake nozzle is on the shorter side. If you see the picture above, it doesn't reach the bottom of a 1L bottle. Need to use a wide & shallower intake like a mug.
- No intake hose is provided. Make sure to have a garden hose to carry water from source to this unit.
- Unit is a bit noisy, but acceptable.
- I saw some people complaining about the dearth of support. Although plenty of service centers are given in the booklet (see picture above), i have read reports of Bosch not honoring warranty of products bought online and expensive spares and repair cost.
- Although it cuts down the rinsing time by quite a bit, the time & effort spent on unpacking, setting up extension cord, hose, moving the unit around and packing things again is also considerable.

One thing to note here is that, Bosch didn't provide any foam lance with this unit. Although i used a proper snow foam concentrate, i couldn't get proper foam with the detergent mode (as expected). This is how a proper snow foam looks like:
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-20160911_101359.jpg

Bosch also sells a Detergent Nozzle which performs similar to detergent mode in 3 in 1 nozzle:
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-31i31hlogil.jpg

I saw some expensive options from multiple sites like detailed clean which costs as much as the pressure washer itself
https://www.detailedclean.in/washing...ch-fitting-129
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-image.jpg

Also some cheaper ones at AliExpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...999.264.xy60Zc
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-untitled.jpg

As with all pressure washers its important to note that you may still require to use hand for wiping off hard to remove particles like dried up bird poo and dirt. Snow foam is actually a pre-wash which helps to loosen dirt for the actual wash itself. Always pre wash the car before applying foam/shampoo. Follow up with a hand wash if possible. Rinse off using the washer and dry. Another thing to note here is that a decent amount of space is needed on the side of the car to operate the unit properly. The space on the side of my car is narrow, so it sometimes become tricky to bend the gun. A running water supply is not necessary as the unit can pull water from a bucket, but a power connector is required. Keep all these things in mind before investing in a washer. Till then happy detailing !

Last edited by Samfromindia : 30th December 2016 at 04:09.
Samfromindia is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

If you have not bought a foam lance yet, check this one out.
I use it in place of a foam lance and works out quite well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3531858
blackasta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 00:45   #4
BHPian

Re: Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer

I love Team-BHP, slowly but surely everything car related catches up. Great to see someone put up a review and a sort DIY. Thanks Samfromindia.

It is annoying how long it takes to set up everything, which is why i dint use it much after a few times. Its easier cleaning multiple cars with the foam washer though. For one car i can understand why itd be too much of a hassle for someone. But great job nonetheless Sam.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 10:56   #5
BHPian

Can the source of water be from a bucket? Or should it be connected to a tap only?
Old 31st December 2016, 12:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
the Bosch AT 35-12 seemed to make sense for my requirement & budget.
Nice Samfrom india . I have contemplated buying one but for reasons mentioned by mijnoirhammer67, I haven't taken the plunge. Good addition to your cleaning kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
It is annoying how long it takes to set up everything, which is why i dint use it much after a few times. Its easier cleaning multiple cars with the foam washer though. For one car i can understand why itd be too much of a hassle for someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Can the source of water be from a bucket? Or should it be connected to a tap only?
You should have read it fully

here you go

Quote:
A running water supply is not necessary as the unit can pull water from a bucket,

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 31st December 2016 at 13:00.
Karthik Chandra is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 16:58   #7
BHPian

It's so weird I see this thread. I was just not sure if I need to buy the very same Bosch car washer and then I see this thread....excellent!
It's a pain for me to wash all the 4 cars I have at home and they hardly get to the stage where they are extremely dirty as we travel within city limits and unless it rains heavily...it'll just be dust to clear and little marks to wipe off. So that's why I thought of getting this but wasn't sure if this was really worth it and whether they have the service center here in Kochi (which I confirmed thanks to the service center numbers you have provided)
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 13:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you have not bought a foam lance yet, check this one out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3531858
Thanks Blackasta ! I saw manual foamer sold through some indian retailers itself. However i will try to find an attachment for the pressure washer as it will be more convenient and powerful. I am contemplating of ordering the one from aliexpress, its only i dont want to wait for a month There seems to be a distributer from our city, but they havent responded back to my inquiry yet
http://www.newagecleaningsolutions.i...now+Foam+Lance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
It is annoying how long it takes to set up everything, which is why i dint use it much after a few times. Its easier cleaning multiple cars with the foam washer though. For one car i can understand why itd be too much of a hassle for someone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Nice Samfrom india . I have contemplated buying one but for reasons mentioned by mijnoirhammer67, I haven't taken the plunge. Good addition to your cleaning kit
Thanks ! Well for a single car its a bit of hassle. I normally wash my car & bike at the same time. One of the advantages of using a pressure washer over hand wash is the ability to clean hard to reach places like crevices, under wheel arches and some under-body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
It's a pain for me to wash all the 4 cars I have at home and they hardly get to the stage where they are extremely dirty as we travel within city limits and unless it rains heavily...it'll just be dust to clear and little marks to wipe off. So that's why I thought of getting this but wasn't sure if this was really worth it and whether they have the service center here in Kochi (which I confirmed thanks to the service center numbers you have provided)
Yes for 4 cars a pressure washer is a must have. Normally after a wash and wax cycle you can dust your car well using a Jopasu duster and remove spots using a quick detailer spray like ONR. This way you can reduce the frequency of washing by quite a bit. I was also looking for service center numbers before i purchased this which is why i posted all of them, and good to see it have come to your use

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
This is perhaps the most common query i got. A washer with self priming feature will be able to pull water from a stagnant source like bucket & pond. For Bosch AQT range, even the entry level 33-11 has this feature.
Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-aqt3311boschoriginalimaehyf9thhgh8zx.jpeg

If this is required for you, check if the models of other brands are offering similar functionalities. There is also an official accessory for the AQT range, though a normal hose will do just fine.
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0119VBQBA/ref=s9_dcacsd_dcoop_bw_c_x_5_w

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-61q1j1cczjl._sl1417_.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-510ws8tq7dl._sx450_.jpg

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-51j9lwfpyzl._sx450_.jpg

Here is the video demonstration of a unit pulling water from a stagnant source(Start from 1m 34s):
Samfromindia is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 11:53   #9
BHPian

thanks, Samfromindia, was looking to buy a pressure washer and your review of this unit comes at a very appropriate time.
AlphaLamb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 12:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is a wonderful review. Gives detailed information and helps to decide the purchase of the Product.
However, I have a small query.

1. How much water is consumed by the machine to wash a mid size Sedan ? (Assuming it will be a normal wash)
2. How much time does the machine take to empty one normal sized bucket of Water (Answering this question may give a better clarity on whether it consumes more than conventional manual washing )

Thanks in advance for your inputs
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:09   #11

I've been using Karcher K.2 unit for about 2 years now and it's been very useful. One of the reason that I bought this particular unit was that it can pull water straight from a bucket. Since I live in an apartment complex, there are no running water sources that I could connect to so I use two buckets to source the water from. For a normal wash it takes about 4 buckets (medium sized) of water so I just have to make 2 quick rounds to fetch water from guard washroom.
I also regularly clean the balconies and washroom tiles with it which keeps the wife happy as well. My unit was a special "soccer edition" and came with a bunch of accessories as well but I mostly just use the 2 lances provided.

I'd be happy to answer any queries you guys have about it.

Cheers
razer2911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:46   #12
BHPian

Extremely well laid out review of the Bosch 35-12 Pressure washer Samfromindia! Appreciate the details and research on the nozzles which makes it a comprehensive review of this product.

I am using the old version of the Bosch pressure washer, the Aquatak 100 and its been almost 3 years of usage. Must say it does the job well, but recently the Hand gun has started to leak and Bosch recommends to purchase a new Hand gun as it cannot be repaired.

I am looking to see if the pressure washer itself can be exchanged for a newer one like yours.

Anyways, congratulations for your new tool and happy washing
Venku2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
My feelings exactly, its just that I would probably be too lazy to use this on a regular basis.

I have been seeing these powerjets in Metro Cash & Carry outlets for more than 2-3 years but always been hesitant.

Good buy in my books.
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Normally this guy retails for 8500 INR. But that was my lucky day. Flipkart was selling that for a jaw dropping price of 6750 !
Well Truly an amazing Product, but wait! What if i tell you now the price at which i got it ?

Review: Bosch AQT 35-12 Electric Pressure Washer-snapdealaqt3512.jpg

I clean my Renault Duster, Old Std Bull and my Daughters Cycle with it and i am mighty pleased.
soumobakshi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:34   #15
BHPian

Damn that's a crazy discount. I still only see it for 7.8k at Amazon. Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Well Truly an amazing Product, but wait! What if i tell you now the price at which i got it ?

Attachment 1591216

I clean my Renault Duster, Old Std Bull and my Daughters Cycle with it and i am mighty pleased.

Most Viewed