Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2016, 23:27   #16
OSH
BHPian

Re: Powerful headlamps for indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Which makes more sense, a 100/90 upgrade or a set of hella 500/700FF's ?
My choice would have been a 100/90 upgrade. The reason is that aux lights will need cut-outs in the bumper which will firstly spoil the look and secondly it will start rattling down the years due to our pot-holed roads. Also cops may create problems for you when you are driving in the city and they see those additional lights.

I had a Indica and found the lights to be adequate, you can use the level adjuster to set the beam far ahead if you are comfortable driving like that. The reason for you not being comfortable on your last trip may be because of the high-beam focus not set properly, you can have that checked before investing in the upgrade or aux lights.
Old 21st May 2016, 13:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

I've seen a lot of cabs running fogs installed on mounts via the slots in the front grille.
The height adjustment in my headlights is kaput and one of them is a bit hazy. Polishing has not fixed it, so i had figured that buying a new pair of fogs is cheaper than a replacement set of headlamps (7k+ or so)

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st May 2016 at 13:48.
Old 21st May 2016, 16:32   #18
OSH
BHPian

Yes aux lights will turn out much cheaper than a set of new headlights, the reason I mentioned slots in the bumper is because I had read somewhere that, these aux lights had to be fitted below the line of headlamps. Also there are some stupid rules to cover them when driving in the city etc. someone who is more familiar with the rules please help. I guess you have the older Indica, I had the Indica Vista which had an improved throw of light.
Old 22nd May 2016, 14:22   #19
BHPian

I have been using a Phillips rally 100/90 on my indica v2 for the past 8 years without any modifications to the wiring , with no issue , the lighting is good especially for night driving on unlit highways, have done a number highway trips with this setup.
I did a similar change on my indigo cs again with no wiring modifications and had no issues for the 5 years the car was with me . Again lighting was really good. These bulbs give a really long life.

Last edited by hubolt : 22nd May 2016 at 14:24.

Most Viewed