Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2006, 18:09   #1
BHPian

Paint-Plastic-Xenon Fog Lamp Ageing Issues with my Lancer

Hi,

My lancer is around 5 years and 7 Months old..I'm having some Paint Ageing issues with my lancer, At three places I have noticed some change.( Colour : Mystic Blue-Orignal Paint)

1) On the Roof, There is a Patch which is not discoloured but is fading dark.

2) Just next to the rear bumper- Again same type of patch, much smaller, You can see paint is faded compared to the surrounding area.

3) The Boot Area, Just below the Spoiler, The Edge line has a Dark colour line fading.

The point here is that none of these spots are rough, They shine the same,The paint surface is smooth. Could these be reduced or removed with a good polish job.

4) The Knobs also are now discolouring with whitish grey appearance, I had never applied any dashboard polish, Just the regular polish the Workstation applies as a standard on the Service.

5) Lastly, Is there a way to clean the Xenon Fog Lamp in the Lancer, They were bright white and are now dulling yellow...!

Since I spent the day waxing the car, I came across these spots, Never noticed them earlier. Any help ???

Last edited by wolfinstein : 24th October 2006 at 18:13.
Old 25th October 2006, 11:09   #2
BHPian

Any Help guys...!
Old 25th October 2006, 11:12   #3
BANNED

Hi,

The only way is to touch up/repaint the faded panels. You cannot restore paint that has faded.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks