| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th October 2006, 18:09||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 17 Times
Paint-Plastic-Xenon Fog Lamp Ageing Issues with my Lancer
My lancer is around 5 years and 7 Months old..I'm having some Paint Ageing issues with my lancer, At three places I have noticed some change.( Colour : Mystic Blue-Orignal Paint)
1) On the Roof, There is a Patch which is not discoloured but is fading dark.
2) Just next to the rear bumper- Again same type of patch, much smaller, You can see paint is faded compared to the surrounding area.
3) The Boot Area, Just below the Spoiler, The Edge line has a Dark colour line fading.
The point here is that none of these spots are rough, They shine the same,The paint surface is smooth. Could these be reduced or removed with a good polish job.
4) The Knobs also are now discolouring with whitish grey appearance, I had never applied any dashboard polish, Just the regular polish the Workstation applies as a standard on the Service.
5) Lastly, Is there a way to clean the Xenon Fog Lamp in the Lancer, They were bright white and are now dulling yellow...!
Since I spent the day waxing the car, I came across these spots, Never noticed them earlier. Any help ???
Last edited by wolfinstein : 24th October 2006 at 18:13.
|25th October 2006, 11:12||#3|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Thanked: 12 Times
The only way is to touch up/repaint the faded panels. You cannot restore paint that has faded.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Wanted - Matiz Fog Lamps (Clear Full Lamp - Without Bezel)||zzzehar||Shifting gears||3||7th March 2012 15:47|
|WagonR Vxi fog lamp problem||asr245||Technical Stuff||3||9th July 2008 20:51|
|Broken Fog Lamp ( Tata Indica )||passion4cars||Modifications & Accessories||1||29th January 2008 17:59|
|FOG lamp suggestion for ZEN||shapath||Modifications & Accessories||4||24th November 2007 06:45|
|Need Info: Sunfilm/SeatCover/Power Window/Fog Lamp||souravbasu||Modifications & Accessories||3||3rd April 2006 10:53|