Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 14:42   #31
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
Hmmm.. so if you cant beat em.. join him?

I have done all of the above.. but I didnt need a loud horn to get them out of the way... Infact, there have been countless times a bus/truck driver has helped me overtake on a narrow road by signalling about oncoming vehicles and even slowing down.. or countless times an oncoming truck/bus got down on to the gravel on a narrow road so that my car stays on the tarmac..
There are good examples and Bad examples.
Good examples are welcome , I too have had them. To deal with the bad ones, you may need these !..

There are worst exaples too who do not budge even with loud horns, Thinking what can be done to them. (I had a santro guy who parked his car in the middle of a narrow lane and went shopping for an hour). For them I just wish god help them and devils beat them.
Old 26th October 2006, 17:43   #32
BHPian

Hi,
Is this Stebel Horns manufactured in India or imported ones ? If you know the pricing information of these horns please share with me ...

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars
Horns,...

they need to sound good + they need to get those <40 kmph drivers (smooching their girl or their mobile) off the way. Also include scaring the jay walkers in the list.

Try my idea if you like,... Stebel Magnum dual-tone for city and Stebel Nautilus for highways.

I'm still looking for a clean way to mount them in the front grill (as the monsoons are over).

But follow the rule - no air horns in the city.

The Nautilus is great. Even the lazy truckers give way.
Old 26th October 2006, 17:47   #33
BHPian

Hi,
Can please let me know what is the pricing of these Hella Red Grills ..

Thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Hella Redgrills are great for everyday use - reliable and effective sound really makes cabs, bikes, ricks and peds get out of the way.

Roots also makes great horns, but I prefer the Hella sound.
Old 26th October 2006, 18:42   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrajeshkumar
Hi,
Is this Stebel Horns manufactured in India or imported ones ? If you know the pricing information of these horns please share with me ...

Thanks!
I got the Stebel Nautilus just this week. They are italian and cost Rs 950. Mind you, these are highway horns and too loud for cities. They are in fact, banned for city use.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 26th October 2006, 18:47   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,
Can please let me know what is the pricing of these Hella Red Grills ..

Thanks !
Hi,

Please read the whole post before asking. Have given prices below.

Viper
Old 26th October 2006, 20:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Seems you are the blessed one...!!
Quote:
Hmmm.. so if you cant beat em.. join him?

I have done all of the above.. but I didnt need a loud horn to get them out of the way... Infact, there have been countless times a bus/truck driver has helped me overtake on a narrow road by signalling about oncoming vehicles and even slowing down.. or countless times an oncoming truck/bus got down on to the gravel on a narrow road so that my car stays on the tarmac..
Old 26th October 2006, 20:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

During the heightened terrorism days of Punjab, I witnessed something very original and effective to clear the roads,

The big guns of the Punjab Police and the VIPS used to have pilot in front of their vehicle that used to be an open Gypsy with patka wearing 6foot + surds standing astride in black commando uniform.

I saw a convoy of them was going on the NH1 to Ludhiana and the pilot tapped the horn to get way for the convoy and the driver of the Tata mini truck wudn't budge. They sounded the siren and then also no result. The Gypsy overtook from the left and and while passing the truck I saw one commando lift a hammer with a long handle and smashed the windscreen of the truck. No questions asked and answered...!

I wish, sometimes, I too could do similarly to snails who wouldn't budge even if you hoot, flash your headlights etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
There are good examples and Bad examples.
Good examples are welcome , I too have had them. To deal with the bad ones, you may need these !..

There are worst exaples too who do not budge even with loud horns, Thinking what can be done to them. (I had a santro guy who parked his car in the middle of a narrow lane and went shopping for an hour). For them I just wish god help them and devils beat them.
Old 26th October 2006, 20:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

From where? I too am interested..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne
I got the Stebel Nautilus just this week. They are italian and cost Rs 950. Mind you, these are highway horns and too loud for cities. They are in fact, banned for city use.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th October 2006, 00:33   #39
BHPian

Sorry Viper, some how i have missed it...Thanks a lot!
Is this brand is an imported one or local made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

Please read the whole post before asking. Have given prices below.

Viper

Last edited by nrajeshkumar : 27th October 2006 at 00:35.
Old 27th October 2006, 19:27   #40
BHPian

AIR HORN'S Are banned in Cities all over India...Alllowed only on highways..!

No the horns are not Air Horns, They are the best legally permitted ones you can put in your car...No point in spending so much on Hella or Stebel..when you can get the best sound and assurance of BOSCH in 380 Rupees..!
Old 28th October 2006, 05:30   #41
BANNED

What is the use of a Low-Tone Horn ? When we buy horns as pair, we get a Low Tone horn also.
Old 28th October 2006, 05:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perfect!! so now we have TWO illiterate uneducated fools irritating each other and other road users to death..

Do you really feel an imbecile will give you right of way, just because the decibel level is higher?

Hmm.. what about the time when even my hella did not work and i used to normally press the clutch right behind the motorist who did not give way and floor the accelerator to around 6000 rpm and let the headers take over.... That definately got the attention and the much required point through...hehehehe

FYI.. they were 4x1 headers and trust me very loud esp if they are mated with a Mugen exhaust.

My time is precious... I dont wait for anybody unless its v1p3r...No explanation necessary..

Godfather
Old 28th October 2006, 05:52   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Viper, some how i have missed it...Thanks a lot!
Is this brand is an imported one or local made.
You get both varieties... Local ones dont last you long and are cheaper by a few hundred.. The proper imports are around 1500/- a pair.. thats what i paid in bangalore.... and you also get a warranty for a year.. its generally free replacement and i have claimed it once.. I had bought them from Mandovi motors.. Lavelle road..

Contact me if you need further details

Godfather
Old 29th October 2006, 09:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

I tried Khan Market and got blank looks when asked for Stebel nautilus. Other than this I was shown all kinds - Roots, Bosch, Hella, Jalwa...

Hence, I repeat my query again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
From where? I too am interested..
----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne

Gears,
Red-One.
--------------------------------
Old 29th October 2006, 13:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Please suggest me a good sounding Hi-Tone horn for my Swift mainly to use when driving in hi ways..

Thanks !
Don't consider an airhorn at all - apart from the nuisance factor, its strictly banned. Go in for the Bosch Skoda-type horn

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks