Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2006, 12:18   #46
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
What is the use of a Low-Tone Horn ? When we buy horns as pair, we get a Low Tone horn also.
Hi tone is a higher frequency horn, can be heard longer distances. For those who are sitting on the fence waiting to cross the road at an odd time.

Low tones are loud one but with limited range. for thos who wouldn't budge out of your bumper
Old 31st October 2006, 02:44   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
Hi tone is a higher frequency horn, can be heard longer distances. For those who are sitting on the fence waiting to cross the road at an odd time.

Low tones are loud one but with limited range. for thos who wouldn't budge out of your bumper
That was really funny....
Old 1st November 2006, 18:10   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
My time is precious... I dont wait for anybody unless its v1p3r...No explanation necessary..

Godfather
Thats the problem in India.. every one thinks he is the king of the road..
Old 1st November 2006, 22:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Hello RedOne: where did you get your Stebel nautilus from? I tried everywhere in South Delhi but in vain. At one shop in Khan market a guy showed me a horn by Seger with relay and said that they were powerful and under legal limits. This had 2 versions. one of them, he said, is OE on Skoda...
Old 2nd November 2006, 01:12   #50
BHPian

Thanks for the info on the STEBEL Horns. The Nautilus has really caught my attention, and so has the Magnum series. Will look out for it in the market and install the Nautilius if i can get them!
Old 2nd November 2006, 08:49   #51
Team-BHP Support

You've talked about the horns but ever tried fitting them on the swift ?

Current horn is pretty inaccessible and anything new and bigger neccessiates removing the bumper. I was planning on the Hella red grill but it was a not practical to fit so went up on notch and fitted the Hella twin tone- it is loud and very un Swift like - you can feel the sound on your steering wheel. I had no intention of retaining existing horn which is abysmal
Old 3rd November 2006, 08:53   #52
Team-BHP Support

Clarifications

I did not mean to imply "not recommended", only that it is a bitch of a job to fit. I have Hella B133 disc type horns. This entailed removing the front bumper. See my review of my swift where they remove the bumper to fit the horn - pic is there. (these make a loud hairy twin tone beep noise). I went to fit the trumpet type which make a parp noise like the skodas - what is available is the horizontal fitting type which is difficult to fit in a Swift. There is a vertical mounted type which is not availalbe here. Other issue is that horn is mounted low so trumpets will not last with the kind of muck we have on our roads.
Old 3rd November 2006, 10:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well I'm sorry to disagree with you Ajmat. I have the hella red-grilled horns on my swift and did not have to remove the bumper. There is a very nice place to fit them just in front of the front left tyre. Yes you will need a custom clamp for it though. And the clamp needs to be strong to take the weight of the horns and also the vibrations when the car is in motion.
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:26   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Well I'm sorry to disagree with you Ajmat. I have the hella red-grilled horns on my swift and did not have to remove the bumper. There is a very nice place to fit them just in front of the front left tyre. Yes you will need a custom clamp for it though. And the clamp needs to be strong to take the weight of the horns and also the vibrations when the car is in motion.
Think of the muck and moisture that the wheel will throw on it!!!
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Well the wheel arch has a protective lning that prevents the muck from getting to the horns.
Old 3rd November 2006, 12:01   #56
BHPian

I'm wondering, would replacement/changing horn not void vehicle warranty? Heard that fitting a pair of fog light amounts to alteration and void vehicle warranty. Ultimately, fitting a horn that is different from the OEM also alters electrical system...
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:07   #57
BHPian

Not neccessarily..!

As long as you don't tamper with the wiring harness of the car, by cutting any wire bit..Your warranty remains valid.

The XETA for that matter has already provision for Fog lamps, Extra horn, 6 Speaker system so that you can just plug and play..! However The connections are all coupler based, So you need to have the Horn pins converted into a plastic coupler that plugs in..!

It really useless to debate on the Horns and Horn types...However One thing I would like to mention is that although a matter of choice...Please avoid using any Illegal devices on your car as far as possible and neither should we promote the use of Air horns like some of us have done on this thread..Instead we could suggest..!

Div
Old 10th November 2006, 19:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Horn for Alto

I went through this thread in depth and didn't want to have a new thread for my query. Have received some good advice from thsi thread. Please suggest an optimum upgrade to the Alto's OE horn which I feel is inadequate on highway runs.

I would require an horn that doesn't replace the OE one. It must compliment the OE on the highway. There should also be no alteration on the stock wiring which would void my warranty. I would need to have a switch which helps me activate and deactivate the powerful horn so that I don't scare someone in the city.

Where is the best place to install such a horn on the Alto? The horn shouldn't sound inside the car's cabin. Does brands like ROOTS or MICO have readymade mounting bracket? This should make things much easier.
Old 11th November 2006, 00:16   #59
BHPian

go for the skoda horn(roots)
Old 11th November 2006, 19:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
another great horn is the BOSCH's smaller sized shrill sounding horn, they are of great quality with one year warranty on it. good for small-med sized cars. costing around Rs.500-600.
on search for horns for my baleno i found one boscg like this:

how good are these horns over the oem hrn??is this the same one coming in skoda?? the price quoted was 750 aftr discount.it was a 2 tone horn wid 1 year warranty and aso shpkeeper said the horn was repairable..

Another horn i saw was vibrasonic from roots which costs 1500 rs

Which one is better....ermm louder .....also are these horns more louder thn baleno oem horn??am more interested in bosch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks