Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 19:12   #76
BHPian

Hey guys, got the horn fitted a couple of days back. While I was getting it done, the testing sound made me deaf, my ears were actually hurting after a while.

I have my OE horn as well, got a tic-tac switch done to switch between horns. Strictly a no no for the city.. Too loud and too good! :-)
Old 9th December 2006, 23:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Hey guys, got the horn fitted a couple of days back. While I was getting it done, the testing sound made me deaf, my ears were actually hurting after a while.
Stebel nautilius is loud enough for highway.
Congrates..
Old 8th May 2007, 19:40   #78
BHPian

Ankit, congrats for adding to the noise pollution! Good that you dont live in Bangalore.
Old 8th May 2007, 19:45   #79
Team-BHP Support

OT: ayoooo appuchan now dont chase away all of us poor souls who want to drive safe also in India!!

to get into your good books, today i retained the OE and added the Stiebel Nautilus only for highways and i swear the switch is on OE position.

Just kiddin!!
Old 9th May 2007, 12:27   #80
BHPian

Thanks Mugen and appuchan,

Im thinking of replacing the OE (as its busted and no one tells me which is the OE for the 1st Gen OHC) and get Hella Red Grills instead >;-)

So that way it'll be kill bill all along!!

Last edited by ankitahuja : 9th May 2007 at 12:28. Reason: Typoooo
Old 9th May 2007, 12:44   #81
BHPian

i suggest Hella Red Grill... but its a high frequency horn!!!
Old 9th May 2007, 17:06   #82
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Even i brought a Hella Red Grill and a Stebel nautilus for my swift as suggested by many members here and took it to the M.A.S.S people to fit it, they have fitted both the horns in such a place that i am not getting the full output out of Stebel nautilus nor the Hella's when i told them about that they are telling me that there is no other place where it can be fitted on a Swift.
Can anyone pls tell me where can i fit both the Stebel and Hella's and if possible pls post some pictures of the same.

Thanking you guys in advance.
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:50   #83
BHPian

Have the same question as the person above. Which is the best place to fit the Hella Red Grill on the Swift? or is it better to go with a different horn for the Swift?
Old 24th August 2007, 15:07   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by psynaps3 View Post
Have the same question as the person above. Which is the best place to fit the Hella Red Grill on the Swift? or is it better to go with a different horn for the Swift?
Where are you residing in Kerala ? Edit your profile !
Old 14th September 2007, 03:22   #85

Does anyone know a place in Pune where I can get Stebel horns, original and at a reasonable cost ?

cheers:
VD
Old 14th September 2007, 12:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

This is one mod I hate in cars. I do not see a reason why Swift horn is not sufficient and we need an additional horn fitted to it.

Is there any concern for noise pollution among Team-BHP members who are thinking of adding aftermarket horns?
Old 14th September 2007, 21:13   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Is there any concern for noise pollution among Team-BHP members who are thinking of adding aftermarket horns?
Its not that we will keep blowing the horn all the way and say "Hey ! I got stebel" or something on those lines. And the sincere BHPians are installing such mods with a toggle switch anyway.

There are endless reasons. I am listing a few here
  1. People driving with windows rolled up and loud music in the car
  2. People having the rear view mirrors folded
  3. People having the rear view mirrors open, but don't bother to look into them
  4. People driving cars with no rear view mirrors
  5. People so involved in chatting with person sitting next to them (boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/hubbie, etc.)
  6. Cows / Buffelows / Sheeps / Dogs / Donkeys / Pigs .. (I am referring to actual animals
  7. Some tempo / auto / 6 seater guy / some aunty / some hero driving right in the middle of the road, doing 20-30 Kmph
  8. Cyclists
  9. Truckers / bus drivers (especially the government buses (state transport / local transport) with non-working brake / tail / indicator lamps
I have genuine respect to few exceptions in the last three catagories, but my experience with most of them is not nice at all.

Believe me - all the above "characters" do not pay any heed to your OEM supplied stock horn.

YOU NEED TO TELL THEM IN THE LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTAND.

Except #6 in my list, these characters just turn without any indication !!! I have driven in the US in the state of Ohio, known to have people who drive very safely. Again, there are exceptions everywhere, but most follow rules and show consideration to others sharing the street with them. People really should learn from them.

As far as noise pollution, I agree. But to ensure safety of self, others in my car, and my car, I will do whatever necessary. Once you make someone deaf, (most likely) he will rethink before repeating acts. Doodh se mooh jal gaya to chhas bhi phoonk phoonk ke peete hain.

cheers:
Old 14th September 2007, 23:50   #88
BANNED

[quote=i_own_xeta_glx;564486]There are endless reasons. I am listing a few here
  1. People driving with windows rolled up and loud music in the car
  2. People having the rear view mirrors folded
  3. People having the rear view mirrors open, but don't bother to look into them
  4. People driving cars with no rear view mirrors
  5. People so involved in chatting with person sitting next to them (boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/hubbie, etc.)
  6. Cows / Buffelows / Sheeps / Dogs / Donkeys / Pigs .. (I am referring to actual animals
  7. Some tempo / auto / 6 seater guy / some aunty / some hero driving right in the middle of the road, doing 20-30 Kmph
  8. Cyclists
  9. Truckers / bus drivers (especially the government buses (state transport / local transport) with non-working brake / tail / indicator lamps
quote]

Well put. Agree whole heartedly.

BTW #6 will also turn without indication
Old 15th September 2007, 22:10   #89

[quote=kumar2007;564619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_own_xeta_glx View Post
BTW #6 will also turn without indication
#6: Unfortunately, they don't wear indicators, or can not streach their hands, legs etc. out, so you would expect them to turn without indication

VD
Old 16th September 2007, 11:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

lol. Nicely put, i_own_tata_indica_xeta_glx_with_ps_ac. Just kidding.

That made me laugh quite a lot. Add to the list, the teenagers on road, engrossed in their phone conversations about hottest girls. And the one I hate most, people SMSing while standing/crossing the road.

Most Viewed