Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 13:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upping the COOL quotient! Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler Cooling system in GT TSI! INDIA's Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
0-100 runs, 80-120 runs, 40-100 runs all can be done.
I don't think it will have a made a difference there. In gear acceleration tests? Maybe that's where the game will have changed.
Increased acceleration = more power. A dyno will show this.

Quote:
It works beautifully. I'd implore the disbelievers to try this in their cars. At my cost.
(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Im going to go on record and ask you how much commission are you getting from Narry in terms of monetary kickbacks or parts/mods like this Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler thingamajig.
Ninjaed by a few minutes. I have the same question.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 7th February 2017 at 13:33.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upping the Cool quotient: Add-on Coolant Cooling system on my GT TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Sorry to sound rude but it just seems like you and your supplier are a clueless bunch with a tag line "Dont ask how it works, it just does". This is downright ridiculous.

I landed here after coming across umpteen posts on social media pointing to this thread and stating that this is what Frank and TBHP are coming to. No hard facts, no sensible explanations but just gut feeling and readings from the butt dyno. To me it just looks like you are promoting Narry's 'magical' products for some reason apart from the love of automobiles and modding.

I echo the sentiments of 100's of tbhpians when i say that all this is utter crap being promoted by someone who paints a rosy picture and loves sensationalizing things to the hilt.

The experienced and learned ones have already posted their accurate views on the product so i'm going to refrain from doing so. Like the Donald, you would just come back with some mambo jambo and dig yourself deeper into a hole.

Im going to go on record and ask you how much commission are you getting from Narry in terms of monetary kickbacks or parts/mods like this Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler thingamajig.

P.S. I am just expressing my views and this is in no way a personal attack!

Cheers!

All this, and I am the only one who has actually tested the product. I recommend you make these allegations on all the other 'social platforms' you speak of. I am a Pediatric Dentist and I don't have any such aspirations.
I put all my credibility and reputation at stake on this. I will not allow such things to be said about me. And I'd recommend you to prove all of the above, just like you have asked me to prove the 'effectiveness' of all the products.
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The proof of the pudding lies in eating it.
Let me summarize...

You installed this and you felt a difference:
1) It could a difference due to this add-on
2) It could be the placebo effect
3) It could be another factor (Eg. the temperature in Bombay suddenly dropped in the last few days)
4) Any/all of the above

I think most people here are saying its a mix of the above, but least weightage on (1).

Your incorrect technical explanations of how it works certainly led people to doubt your claims a bit more, and could have also influenced you to think this add-on was doing more than it really was.

Not suggesting that your car doesn't feel faster, but likely that there's other factors at play than the addition of this device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Excellent post! But if i may question you on one point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Now add more volume to the system and you will be stressing out the waterpump further which is of concern.
I can't see how this would be the case here, given that there's no change in flow rate / total volume pumped per X amount of time.

Keen to know the logic here... (and I guess there is something, since containers have min/max marked on them... but that could also be for expansion reasons).

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th February 2017 at 13:51.
Rehaan is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:02   #64
Team-BHP Support

Re: Upping the COOL quotient! Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler Cooling system in GT TSI! INDIA's Fi

Quote:
This concept requires you to try it once.
Quote:
I'd implore the disbelievers to try this in their cars. At my cost.
Quote:
"TRY once. Don't pay for it if you don't like it. And even if you like it, KEEP IT!"

"Frank, I have ONE product that will blow your socks off. You won't even know what gave, but you will thank me for it. DON'T PAY FOR IT if it doesn't work!"
hmm...you haven't paid for it yet right?

Quote:
This is exactly the reason why the car is running better right now.
Air Flow ∝ to K*P / T (where K is a constant for the engine), P is manifold pressure, T is air intake temperature blah, blah, blah... and if you increase rpm you will have more airflow so maybe that should be A ∝ K*P*rpm / T

So as you drop T, air flow increases but that would also mean you need more fuel to burn.

That apart from what little I empirically know of (pre ECU) IC engines is that usually hotter air increases efficiency hence one would assume cooler air reduces efficiency (for most normally aspirated engines being run under 'normal' conditions). Yes when engines are run 'hard' then being able to run cooler denser air through the engine would improve efficiency but these are usually not 'normal' (aka city) driving conditions.

Both of these phenomenon are because there is an "ideal" range for the air temperature. Too cold air will make difficult the mix of air and fuel and too hot air will lead to a lack of energy (not enough density).

But wont the ECU compensate for the temperature of the air in all these cases? So unless you re-program the ECU you should not get more efficiency (all other things remaining constant) or power. Pardon my lack of knowledge, last time I fooled around with the innards of a car we had carburetors and not a lot of electronics.
navin is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 14:13   #65
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note

I think what was needed to be said about the technicalities of this modification have already been said.

How effective it is in its current setup is yet to be proven, and FrankMehta has said that he has fixed an appointment for some before/after dyno runs.

Thread Closed for now.

Will re-open it once FrankMehta is ready to share the dyno results.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th February 2017 at 18:21.
Rehaan is online now   (23) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks