Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 10:04   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Upping the COOL quotient! Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler Cooling system in GT TSI! INDIA's Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Frank, how about this?

Disconnect the lines of coolant cooler and do a dyno / V Box run. Repeat the same with coolant cooler ( but make sure engine operating temperature is same)

This would "Prove" everything!!
0-100 runs, 80-120 runs, 40-100 runs all can be done.
I don't think it will have a made a difference there. In gear acceleration tests? Maybe that's where the game will have changed.
Anyway. Its natural to face so much opposition when anyone suggests something new.
We are dreamers. And no one ever stopped us from doing so. I'd rather enjoy my car than do runs with and without this cooler to prove to a handful of people.
It works beautifully. I'd implore the disbelievers to try this in their cars. At my cost.
Even Nikola tesla and Thomas Alva Edison faced opposition. I am not in that league. But I do make a point strongly If I feel something.
Anyway. I'll stay silent in my thread and read the posts without trying to prove them right or wrong.
The proof of the pudding lies in eating it. Come eat it with me if you want
frankmehta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 10:06   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Upping the COOL quotient! Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler Cooling system in GT TSI! INDIA's Fi

Why is water bound to be lost through the new radiator, but not coolant???
Also, are you sure the initial impressions are not placebo?
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 10:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Now how this is fooling the ECU to run a different tune is anybody's guess right now.
What he can do to validate the claim is to log the following with the car fully warmed up:
1) Absolute throttle position, 2) RPM, 3) Speed, 4)Load, 5) Ambient air temp, 6) IAT, 7) ignition timing, 8) requested boost 9) actual boost.

Then compare it with the values logged with the coolant cooler removed. This has to be done in the same car and in same weather conditions to produce comparable logs. If it is doing something it will be reflected in the log.
Sankar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 10:33   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Even Nikola tesla and Thomas Alva Edison faced opposition.
Yes, each other actually. And one of them turned out to be wrong.
Samurai is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:43   #50
BHPian

If the intake manifold has a coolant line to drop the intake air temperature, wont this small radiator work in improving the efficiency further?
Frankenstein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why is water bound to be lost through the new radiator, but not coolant???
Also, are you sure the initial impressions are not placebo?
Anti-freeze has a higher boiling point than that of water. So water may be lost as water vapour. I may be wrong, but the drop in coolant levels within a day proved that point. Now though, the coolant levels are now stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
If the intake manifold has a coolant line to drop the intake air temperature, wont this small radiator work in improving the efficiency further?
This is exactly the reason why the car is running better right now.
Old 7th February 2017, 11:52   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anti-freeze has a higher boiling point than that of water. So water may be lost as water vapour. I may be wrong, but the drop in coolant levels within a day proved that point. Now though, the coolant levels are now stable.
No. Impossible. How dude? The coolant is in a sealed system! It is never exposed to the atmosphere! If it evaporates (it shouldnt it if it is designed for your usage), but even if it does, it stays within the closed sealed system! It will condense again when the vapour continues along the path and hits the radiator or whatever!

I'm sorry to sound so frustrated but you're completely wrong!

The only reason coolant levels go down is because there is a leak or because there was air in the system which took up some of the space meant for coolant. When the air is released through the pressure release cap, it creates more space for coolant, so you feel coolant level has gone down!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 11:56   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
No. Impossible. How dude? The coolant is in a sealed system! It is never exposed to the atmosphere! If it evaporates (it shouldnt it if it is designed for your usage), but even if it does, it stays within the closed sealed system! It will condense again when the vapour continues along the path and hits the radiator or whatever!

I'm sorry to sound so frustrated but you're completely wrong!

The only reason coolant levels go down is because there is a leak or because there was air in the system which took up some of the space meant for coolant. When the air is released through the pressure release cap, it creates more space for coolant, so you feel coolant level has gone down!
Yes, it could be the air theory. You are right. Sorry for sounding like an amateur in the mechanicals part, but seat of the pants, no one can take away from me.
Old 7th February 2017, 11:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it could be the air theory. You are right. Sorry for sounding like an amateur in the mechanicals part, but seat of the pants, no one can take away from me.
No thanks... I'm not interested in the seat of your pants anyway. You can keep them

No offence, but you sound like The Donald. Say something and then fact checkers come in!

BTW, does it work on any car?

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 7th February 2017 at 12:05.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:18   #55
Senior - BHPian

Probably. Being from the Medical fraternity has its limitation. But the passion is what counts. I think most of us here will agree that we can notice the smallest of changes in our cars. We know our cars better than some of us know our wives. So a change of this magnitude may be easy to notice.
Is anyone interested in trying this out?! I would like some more feedback. It's still experimental.
Old 7th February 2017, 12:25   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

I edited my previous post to post this question, so you probably missed it.

Does this work on all cars? I mean, any car that has space for this to be mounted?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:34   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does this work on all cars? I mean, any car that has space for this to be mounted?
Hey Nikhil, most mainstream turbocharged cars (Hyundais, Fords, etc.) in India use an air-to-air intercooler to cool the charge air, so they will not benefit from installing such a radiator to cool the coolant, since the coolant plays no role (in those engines) in reducing the temperature of the charge air.

Last edited by arunphilip : 7th February 2017 at 12:35.
arunphilip is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:39   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyway. Its natural to face so much opposition when anyone suggests something new.
We are dreamers. And no one ever stopped us from doing so. I'd rather enjoy my car than do runs with and without this cooler to prove to a handful of people.
No offence, Frank, but that sounds like an attempt to shoot down a group of people who believe you and are genuinely interested in how this mod works.

The number of replies to your thread, and most of them eager to know how it actually works and if it's compatible/tested on other cars, indicates so.

Quote:
It works beautifully. I'd implore the disbelievers to try this in their cars. At my cost.
The proof of the pudding lies in eating it. Come eat it with me if you want
You will need to convince them that this thing really works, to come and join you in this mod endeavour.

So far, you have noticed a perceptible change in the behaviour of your car after installing this mod system. Are you sure it's because of this particular mod, or maybe it's just your perception?

Your diagrams are quite detailed, IMO. But the explanations don't match.

Quote:
Anyway. I'll stay silent in my thread and read the posts without trying to prove them right or wrong.
Sorry, but this is the wrong way of going about dealing with this.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

It would be a stretch for me to disconnect and then connect this in my car, but I am willing to do this.
I also don't mind changing the position of the cooler in the circuit and publish the numbers. Not worried to experiment. At all. I will find a day where I can do so an post results here.
Also, I may have sounded defensive in the last few posts, and that tone was not intended. Hope no one is offended. Credibility is another issue. Internet forums are made for healthy debates, and no one should take these things to bed. It's a car, it works. Or it doesn't work. Social media and forums will exist. And there will be opposition to everything. We have to learn to live with it.

Quote:
I edited my previous post to post this question, so you probably missed it.

Yes, this works in all cars. I would want people to try them. It's a good idea. Where they are placed is not important. Let's just try it on an NA and a Turbocharged petrol as well as a diesel.
I am asking TTS to send a few units for trial. Let's see it's results.
I am mounting it on the Crio. Already ordered a piece for me.

EDIT: Have fixed an appointment for measuring all the parameters.
I will do a few runs with and without and publish the numbers

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th February 2017 at 13:48. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
frankmehta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 13:20   #60
BHPian

Re: Upping the Cool quotient: Add-on Coolant Cooling system on my GT TSI!

Sorry to sound rude but it just seems like this is being peddled with a tag line "Dont ask how it works, it just does".

I landed here after coming across umpteen posts on social media pointing to this thread. No hard facts, no sensible explanations but just gut feeling and readings from the butt dyno. To me it just looks like you are promoting Narry's 'magical' products for some reason apart from the love of automobiles and modding.

I echo the sentiments of 100's of tbhpians when i say that all this is utter crap being promoted by painting a rosy picture and sensationalizing things to the hilt.

The experienced and learned ones have already posted their accurate views on the product so i'm going to refrain from doing so.

Quote:
Im going to go on record and ask you how much commission are you getting from Narry in terms of monetary kickbacks or parts/mods like this Coolant Cooled Liquid Intercooler thingamajig.

Cheers!

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th February 2017 at 14:19. Reason: Post edited. Removing the personal parts. Debate the technicalities, not the person.
james is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks