Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2006, 10:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
You can disable the beeps on lock/unlock. The process is mentioned very clearly in the Nippon manual.
Thanks. I guess it warrants a proper read. I had sort of scanned through it and told the dealer what I wanted. I will read it carefully and fix the noise...
Old 10th December 2006, 07:58   #17
BHPian

This is not correct. I have left my car unlocked accidentally (at home) and it does not lock automatically even after removing the ignition keys. There's no time based locking (atleast in my car). But maybe it is a setting that is available. Need to check the manual if there's an option for different settings.

The audible beeps can be disabled if you press the big button and then the lock or unlock.

Sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
The swift zxi also has one dangerous autolocking feature. It will never autolock if key is in ignition, but once you take out the key, even if you forget to lock, it locks itself. This can create problems in situations where you remove the ignition key, leave it on the seat and go out. The better part is that all these can be appropriately programmed, including the impact sensor sensitivity.

IMO, the swift zxi nippon oem is one of the best. If only I could disable the audible beeps on lock/unlock...
Old 11th December 2006, 19:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

you have to enable the auto locking. by default it is disabled.
Old 24th February 2007, 23:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Along with the purchase of our swift, I have negotiated for the ZXI keyless entry.

Is Nippon the manufacturer of the MGA? I just want to make sure I get whats coming with the ZXI and not the lower variant, I dont think I will have trouble or be weary of being cheated though because I got introduced to the Senior sales manager directly and settled the deal through him.
Old 26th February 2007, 11:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes Nippon is the MGA part that comes with the ZXi
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
you have to enable the auto locking. by default it is disabled.
Hi,

Yes it's correct, on my request, nippon person enabled this in my swift, but we get the problem's like, when we switch off engine at traffic signal above 30 second's, it will lock automatically, immoboliser gets engaged, when we try to crank, siren starts, again unlock from the remote then start the engine, to avoid this, after switching off engine we have kept the key in engine start position, by this we can avoid the autolock, but service guys says in this position petrol pump will get ON, & fuel cycling will start & may get some problem's with the fuel pump,in future, is this correct??
Old 22nd March 2007, 19:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

What you have said is not true. The autolock only happens when the key is not inside the ignition switch. In my ZXi the autolock only happens after taking the key out & opening & closing any one of the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Yes it's correct, on my request, nippon person enabled this in my swift, but we get the problem's like, when we switch off engine at traffic signal above 30 second's, it will lock automatically, immoboliser gets engaged, when we try to crank, siren starts, again unlock from the remote then start the engine, to avoid this, after switching off engine we have kept the key in engine start position, by this we can avoid the autolock, but service guys says in this position petrol pump will get ON, & fuel cycling will start & may get some problem's with the fuel pump,in future, is this correct??
Old 22nd March 2007, 21:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
What you have said is not true . The autolock only happens when the key is not inside the ignition switch. In my ZXi the autolock only happens after taking the key out & opening & closing any one of the doors.
Hi,

It's true, this is what happenning in my swift Vxi, any how i will contact nippon guys tommorrow, & thanks for status info of your auto lock in Zxi......
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

In my Octavia there is an option to activate the auto-locking feature. On delivery the feaature was not activated but after 1st service the guys activated the feature. So now the car locks after reaching a certain speed or rpm (not quite sure what it is). The doors are automatically unlocked when the ignition key is pulled out ......so no lock outs for me. Another interesting feature on the Accent VIVA's OE remote locking system is that the first time u press the remote unlock key only the driver door unlocks.....press again & all doors unlock, I find it useful

Cheers
Old 21st May 2007, 08:09   #25
BHPian

Central Locking for Swift LXi/LDi

Hi all,

I just bought a Swift LDi last week and need to install central locking in it. I've heard there are some customer complaints on central locking retrofits for the LXi/LDi since the internal door locks are cable driven, while the central locking uses a rod/shaft. Has anyone here experience any such problems? Any advice before I get Nippon/Autocop fitted?
Old 21st May 2007, 12:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy View Post
This is what happened to me yesterday on my Sumo Victa which comes with a MindaHuff Central locking system with Engine immobiliser. As can be expected from Tatas it comes only with one remote control.

So long....
Hmmm... First of all, my Indica has a Minda Huff Central Locking but I got it fitted from outside. And it has two remotes. I do not know why yours has only one.

About this happening where your car locked you out I would say you probably got caught in a freak one off case but otherwise it is a very sensible feature. Nowhere in the world anyone will suggest you to keep the engine running and leave it unattended. Heck, even if someone is sitting in the rear you should not be doing it at all. It is a very very dangerous thing to do. Leave everything aside, say if someone was lurking around and would have got into the car and driven away what would you have done?

The feature of auto locking is there to prevent such happening and accidental opening of a door when the car is in motion. And I think it is a very sensible feature as well.

About the locks opening when the engine is shut down, well thats probably made more for convenience than anything else. However AFAIK this feature can be reprogrammed (like most others) on Minda Huff locks. If you wish to stop a running engine on a red signal you just need to keep your right hand on the master control of the lock. Just lock the doors as soon as they open. I do that.
Old 21st May 2007, 14:55   #27
BHPian

I have installed the 'Nippon' remote lock unit which i got it installed from my dealer itself. I have a different problem with the black unit hanging along with the ignition key. the black unit which has the 'Lock/Unlock' button bangs on to the plastic which covers the steering wheel assembly everytime i runover a speed breaker or potholes or even on small stones. the sound it makes is so annoying and i am sure anyone who has the remote lock will face this problem. i am also worried whether this would cause some damage to the remote lock, if i continue hitting it somewhere.
one of the suggestions is to remove it and keep it separately, but the problem associated is we may forget to take it along with us and the other option is to cut short the hanging distance from the key to black unit but again it only reduces the frequency of hitting something.

is there any permanent solution anybody found for this problem?
Old 21st May 2007, 15:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Zappo, leaving the car running is not a good exercise.

For the original poster. Since Swift VXi has central locking a Autocop basic version will cost just ~Rs 4300, it comes with 2 remotes & 1 year onsite warranty.
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:36   #29
BHPian

one more question, is it mandatory to make sure that the glow plug light goes off first and then start the engine? in the user manual they've mentioned that after the glow plug light goes off in the instrument panel only then only we have to start the engines.

at times i start the car even before the light goes off...got used to petrol engine versions
Old 27th May 2007, 22:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
one more question, is it mandatory to make sure that the glow plug light goes off first and then start the engine? in the user manual they've mentioned that after the glow plug light goes off in the instrument panel only then only we have to start the engines.

at times i start the car even before the light goes off...got used to petrol engine versions
It is manadatory for you to wait for the glow plug indicator to go off before you start the engine. Please do not start the car while the indicator is still on. you are not really helping the cause of your engine.

As for central locking I would suggest going with MGA. Rather spend a few bucks more and have the assurance of service and warranty rather than worry about what the fitting will do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks