Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 00:19   #31
BHPian

If you're too impatient to start your car, follow this ritual:

1. put key in ignition and turn on the battery
2. put on seat belt
3. start

i find that putting on the seat belt is usually enough time for any car to be ready for cranking the starter. and its a good habit to get into.
Old 28th May 2007, 00:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
If you're too impatient to start your car, follow this ritual:

1. put key in ignition and turn on the battery
2. put on seat belt
3. start

i find that putting on the seat belt is usually enough time for any car to be ready for cranking the starter. and its a good habit to get into.
Spot on!!! That's exactly what I learned to do after I bought the Indica, its perfect timing. Also, on the Indica it is advisable to turn it on and off 3-4 times so I add to that process the chaning of CD's in the HU and switching on the bluetooth handsfree.
Old 28th May 2007, 00:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
t is manadatory for you to wait for the glow plug indicator to go off before you start the engine.
Very true. Thats the heater for diesel engines.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have Nippon security system installed in my car with autolock at ignition setting on. I noticed a problem. If I have one of my doors opened while starting the car then the autolock feature doesn't lock the door at all. Also the other feature of autolock at 20 KMPH speed is not working. What can be the issue?
Old 1st June 2007, 14:44   #35

All new maruti vehicles are equipped with immobilizer & most of them have central locking feature also.
Kindly tell me what other features are provided by remote central locking? After taking delivery of Swift Vdi, I wanted to install remote locking but sales guy told me that most of the features are already there in VDi.
Can u help me out in this?

Thanx.
Old 1st June 2007, 21:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post

IMO, the swift zxi nippon oem is one of the best. If only I could disable the audible beeps on lock/unlock...
I am sure you must have that feature. I have it on my Esteem's NIPPON security system. The owner's manual refers to it as "silent arming/disarming". Check it out. Am sure when my 4 year old system has it, your contemporary one should !
Old 2nd June 2007, 09:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I have Nippon security system installed in my car with autolock at ignition setting on. I noticed a problem. If I have one of my doors opened while starting the car then the autolock feature doesn't lock the door at all. Also the other feature of autolock at 20 KMPH speed is not working. What can be the issue?
Can someone throw some light on these problems?
Old 2nd June 2007, 13:38   #38
BHPian

Today, I was at the dealer enquiring for the remote central locking for my Swift Ldi. I was told that Maruti is no longer supplying the nippon or for that matter any remote central locking for the Swift Ldi, as they have come across some issues, though no idea about what can be the issue's. Any guesses?
Old 2nd June 2007, 18:04   #39
BHPian

Hi Dieselfan,
It is not a problem - the central locking system will lock only if all the doors are closed - an audible warning is usually issued if one of the doors is open and none of the doors will lock. Probably the system works on a time lapse system and also as a safety feature - to avoid locking oneself out of the car if we accidentally shut the door.

ebmrajesh- I had the same problem of the remote hitting the steering console - I have fixed it on to a leather key tag (provided by the dealer here in B'lore) so that the remote back rests on the leather tag. The whole assembly is on a swivel type of hook - the leather key tag protects the remote from hitting the console. The weight of the remote ensures that the leather tag only faces the console.
Old 2nd June 2007, 19:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,

After reading through this thread all i can say is that you guys musy try out the Remote Locking Systems from Xenos. They are the best systems ever made. The reason i can vouch for them is coz ive used Autocop and Silicon and always had issues with them. Ive got the Xenos FW 350 on my car which is the top of the line version and it comes with an immobiliser & shock sensor too. The shock sensor can be set in 3 modes i.e. low / medium / high and keeping it on low is good enough. The system is also smart enough to eliminate false alarms. Ive been using it for over a year with no issues what so ever. The best part.... its cost be 5500 bucks a year ago and comes with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!!

Epic
Old 3rd June 2007, 13:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately Xenos is nto a MGA. If you use the same then warantee on the car would be affected.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:24   #42
BHPian

@horsepower:
My dealer told me the same thing. The problem is apparently with the union of the cable-driven locks on the Swift's doors with the rod-driven linkages on the central locking kit. They keep getting disconnected and hence the complaints. My dealer mentioned that Nippon will come out with a new kit in a couple of months. In the meanwhile I am trying to find out how the Xenos kit works. Autocop also gives rise to the same disconnection problems as Nippon.

Have any BHPians owning Swift LXis or LDis faced problems with retrofitted central locking kits? The same problems were faced on some Palios and Ikon, according to an installer I spoke with.
Old 4th June 2007, 14:41   #43
BHPian

Get the best range from autocop.I a cannot recall the model.I have it in my car and it has engine immobilizer.I have tested it.And also all the doors are locked when the engine is started.Go for autocop's top most model costing Rs. 6000
Old 4th June 2007, 17:39   #44
BHPian

Hi! TNAWAYAJ,

I guess you are right. I also asked them to recommend some other lock and they were like," If we are not able to recommend nippon, how can we recommend some other brand". I guess I will stick to Gear Lock for the time being.
Old 16th June 2007, 17:59   #45
BHPian

I was told by an accessories dealer when I went for after market fitments for my alto...that Xenos from Pricol was the best product in the market..which came with..lifetime warranty and was asking for Rs.3450/-....wanted to chk with guys here...and will it by any chance void my warranty...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks