Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 23:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Melody please explain what you mean by Absolute Necessary Accessories and Basic accessories ?
Basic Accessories=Mud flaps,floor mats....

Your best option would be to get a Dupont car cover since it wont scratch your car unlike the maruti one.

Also since you bought a Red swift,please please pick up sum car care products like a basic wax polish+vista car care care set.Your car will turn a fugly dull cherry colour if you dont wax it.If possble try to get a paint protection treatment after your third service...it will remove the initial swirl marks,scratches etc.
Old 27th October 2006, 10:15   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
In reality these mods will affect warranty. Any alterations made to the engine and its sub-components may cause a void.

Guys,

Let me clarify. In no ways am I saying that by carrying out the said Mods warranty will not be void.. Warranty on a vehicle is void by doing most of the below mentioned accessories as well but the whole world installs them. And before anybody says something there are exceptions to all. Even dealers flout the rules and sometimes get a customer into trouble. They scare customers by saying if we do it then you get warranty if you do it from outside no warranty.

1> Head Unit/Sound System change - Electrical Warranty void.
2> Head Light Bulb Upgrade/After market Fogs - Electrical Warranty Void.
3> Alloys and fatter rubber other than OE size - suspension and brake warranty void.
4> Aftermarket conical filters - Sensors and engine warranty void
5> Free flow exhaust - Engine warranty void.
6> Fitting Spoiler/drilling holes - Paint corrosion warranty void.
7> After market Alarm/Security System - Electrical warranty and Locks warranty.

This is not a complete list and there are many more accessories that void warranty.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 27th October 2006 at 10:18.
Old 27th October 2006, 12:43   #18

Zeroing in....

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable inputs. This helps a lot for a newbie like me from getting cheated by the sales guys :-)

Based on your suggestions I have decided to buy the following accessories.

1. Xenos security system. (Any particular model number/features?). My budget is around 6K. Any particular shop in Blore? I guess the dealer, Bimal doesn't have it with them.

2. Art Seat cover. Since I had placed the order 1 week back, dealer wouldn't let me cancel this. They say, this is already made :-(. So, I'm not fully happy about losing this 5.5K :-(. I wish I had posted my query to the group before committing on that.

3. Gear lock. I am not very sure about this one. Some people say it'll hamper the "look" of the interiors. Pls advice.
Also, Please let me know how much does it cost and whr in Blore I can get it done?

4. Wax polish+vista car care set

I have put things like sunfilm, Teflon coating etc on hold. Still in 2 minds about Teflon anyway.. :-)

I'll get the delivery of the vehicle trw, from Bimal automobiles Blore. Now the last one, any suggestions on the overall caution I should exercise while getting the car delivered.. like insurance, defective product etc :-) (I went thru the pre-delivery checklist i got from this Forum. That's too exhaustive!)

I agree that I could be sounding trivial about many of my concerns... But pls understand it's my first car and I'm looking up to you, experienced people, to guide me thru.. :-) This forum has been very reassuring for a newbie like me..

Thanks a lot in advance..
Old 27th October 2006, 17:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody
I have put things like sunfilm, Teflon coating etc on hold. Still in 2 minds about Teflon anyway.. :-)
my 2 cents... teflon is worthless. you're investing in a good wax polish as i see... that should stand you in good stead. if ur hoping for teflon to protect your car against scratches et all (like they tell u at the shops), you will be disappointed... found that out thru personal experience.

razor
Old 27th October 2006, 18:13   #20
BHPian

Melody,

Please read the thread on the pre delivery inspection before taking delivery.

Best wishes on your new car.

Also suggest that you buy some cleaning cloth. I suggest 3M sponges.

Regards,

lsjey
Old 27th October 2006, 18:36   #21

Just spoke to a Xenos dealer in Bangalore.
Here is his quotes for various products.

1. FW 200 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm - Rs 3800

2. FW 250 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm and Immobilizer Rs 4500

3. FW 350 - Remote Central Locking / Keyless Entry with
Alarm and Immobilizer and External Sensors - Rs 5100

4. U Type Gear lock - Rs 2100

He is also willing to give a 10% discount on thse products.
Old 27th October 2006, 20:32   #22
BANNED

same prices as bombay
Old 28th October 2006, 14:18   #23
cnu
BHPian

Xenos is a piece of crap... Have been having atleast one problem every month with Xenos remote locking that I have in my car since I bought it sometime back.. and finally it is totally dead now.. Planning to remove it completely and throw it out.... Go for Autocop.
Old 28th October 2006, 14:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Melody, your thread on Xenos security systems has been merged. Please continue your queries on your new Swift on the same thread.
Old 28th October 2006, 14:52   #25
BHPian

Guys,

I am looking for extra lights - hella or such which can illuminate the sides of the roads which is extremely essential while driving in hills and highways. Any suggestions as to which model and where i can purchase these given my understanding that there are a lot of fake products in the Bangalore mkt? TIA
Old 28th October 2006, 15:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

does anyone know where i could get that loudspeaker these cops use..for the car.
Old 28th October 2006, 16:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
does anyone know where i could get that loudspeaker these cops use..for the car.
you mean a PA system?

i think forum member aZa has one in his santro.....seaarch for it...thers a thread somewhere
Old 28th October 2006, 16:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
Any half-decent accessory shop will have it. But remember that the same are illegal on private vehicles, so if you do get one be careful where you use it, if the thullas catch you you're in big trouble!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks