Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2006, 15:42   #1

Absolute necessary accessories

Hi all,

I'm getting my Swift Vxi delivered on this SAT. Since I'm new to the world of cars it will be of great help if you could let me know what are the absolute necessary accessories (apart from the basic accessories) for my Swift Vxi (Red) with ABS.

1. Sun film : I'm not that good at driving. So, my friends suggested not to opt for sunfilm. Any suggestions?

2. Remote Central Locking : I'm slightly confused about this one. People are giving different suggestions. Please suggest me the best option with best features :-) for a budget of 7K. Please suggest any shop in Blore also.

3. Art. leather seat cover: Is this really required? Maruti dealer charge 5.5K for this one. Again, some friends told me that I can get the same done for a cheaper rate. Can u please suggest some shop in B'lore where I can get it done?

4. Teflon coating : Is it required?

5. Body cover : Dealer is charging 1.5K for the same. I may park the car outside. But how good is MGA body cover?

Thanks in advance. I'm curiously waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regs,
Melody
Old 26th October 2006, 16:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

1. Get a light shade of sunfilm, that won't hamper visibility too much.

2. Get the MGA remote locking setup for the Swift from Maruti. It's pretty good, and I think it comes with an engine immobiliser.

3. Useless

4. Useless

5. Your call on this one.

How about an intro in the Introduction section? And get the car to a meet!
Old 26th October 2006, 16:33   #3

Thanks a lot Viper.
Quote:
How about an intro in the Introduction section? And get the car to a meet!
Sure I'll do that.
I would like to be part of any Swift meet in Blore :-) Do let me know
Old 26th October 2006, 16:57   #4
DRC
BHPian

Exactly as V1P3R mentioned,
5. If you need one, get from out side it is cheaper. I have a mixed opinion on this one. Positive points, Prevents the interiors getting over heated and loosing it shhine when parked in sun. Provides protection agaist bird droppings and leaves of tree getting into the AC circuit through snorkel. Will make sense only if you do not have a garage or a closed parking area.

Down side is it causes minute scratches on paint in due course of time. After a rain, it is really messy to remove. If you plan to leave the car un attended for extended time with cover on, bad idea, Water trapped between the cover and the body may some times cause/accelerate rusting.
Old 26th October 2006, 17:44   #5
BHPian

Might sound trivial, but please don't forget to get an air freshner in your car. More than the fragrance, it will make sure that your car doesn't smell foul. Congrats on booking your new baby!
Old 26th October 2006, 19:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Melody please explain what you mean by Absolute Necessary Accessories and Basic accessories ?

Now you are asking what are Absolute necessary accessories required ?
You should ask yourself what can you do without.

1. Sun film, not required. Swift has good AC so you can do without it.
3. With no sun film it would be better not to go for leather seat covers.
4. Teflon coating should be done. You will find more info about it with help of Search Function
5. From my experience if cover bought form outside is cheaper but it may not fit perfectly.
Old 26th October 2006, 19:25   #7
BANNED

Hi,

Following is what I would recommend for any new car in order of priority.

1> Tyre upgrade to better fatter rubber.
2> Good quality sun film(not necessarily dark)
3> Art Leather/Leather seat covers for easy cleaning & long life.
4> Upgrade headlight bulbs to more poweful ones with appropriate relay and wiring.
5> Nice extra wide rear view mirror
6> Remote Locking Security System(Xenos)
7> Sound System upgrade
8> K&N conical filter
9> Iridium Plugs
10> Free Flow Exhaust
11> Alloys if budget permits.

Hope that helps.

Viper
Old 26th October 2006, 19:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

1> Tyre upgrade to better fatter rubber.
4> Upgrade headlight bulbs to more poweful ones with appropriate relay and wiring.
8> K&N conical filter
9> Iridium Plugs
10> Free Flow Exhaust
11> Alloys if budget permits.
Why all this for someone, who by his/her own admission, is new to cars, and not very good at driving?
Old 26th October 2006, 19:48   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Why all this for someone, who by his/her own admission, is new to cars, and not very good at driving?

Hi,

Pl read carefully I said for any new car.

Viper
Old 26th October 2006, 20:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

8> K&N conical filter
9> Iridium Plugs
10> Free Flow Exhaust

Viper

Viper, what do we do about the warranty then?
Old 26th October 2006, 20:26   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Viper, what do we do about the warranty then?
Hi,

These mods in reality will not affect warranty. I had these on my Esteem, Santro(no FF) and Getz and still get my warranty honoured. Warranty is basically dependant from dealer to dealer. One may give the other may not you need to be technically sound and logical to argue your case and get the warranty. For eg:

A conical filter or plugs. The dealer should be able to prove these parts have affected say suspension or clutch or engine. He will not be able to and eventually say he is doing you a favour and give you the same. Your luck has to be really bad to get stuck with a warranty rejection. Also I forgot to mention that Free flow is advisable after you do 2nd service or at least 5000kms.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 26th October 2006 at 20:27.
Old 26th October 2006, 21:05   #12
BHPian

try HP50 VKool brand sunfilm. It will cost you close to 6k for sides and the back but it is very light but pretty effective being from VKool. Try it. In Bangalore its available on lalbagh road(off it) just before the Chevy showroom in a gully to the left. I got it done recently and is pretty decent. Not much privacy though.
Old 26th October 2006, 21:50   #13
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody
5. Body cover : Dealer is charging 1.5K for the same. I may park the car outside. But how good is MGA body cover?
A year ago I bought the parachute material Body Cover form shivajinagar –Commercial Street. For Rs. 500. One of my friends bought the same from a maruti Show room for Rs. 1200 . Got the message?
Old 26th October 2006, 22:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph
A year ago I bought the parachute material Body Cover form shivajinagar –Commercial Street. For Rs. 500. One of my friends bought the same from a maruti Show room for Rs. 1200 . Got the message?
I had a similar experience with a Fiat genuine body cover for my Palio. Except for the "Fiat" logo everything seemed to be the same.
Old 26th October 2006, 23:21   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,
These mods in reality will not affect warranty. I had these on my Esteem, Santro(no FF) and Getz and still get my warranty honoured. Warranty is basically dependant from dealer to dealer. One may give the other may not you need to be technically sound and logical to argue your case and get the warranty. For eg:
A conical filter or plugs. The dealer should be able to prove these parts have affected say suspension or clutch or engine. He will not be able to and eventually say he is doing you a favour and give you the same. Your luck has to be really bad to get stuck with a warranty rejection. Also I forgot to mention that Free flow is advisable after you do 2nd service or at least 5000kms.
Viper
In reality these mods will affect warranty. Any alterations made to the engine and its sub-components may cause a void.

As a matter of fact going off topic, smokers are not eligible for medi-claim but most of us get away with it, dont we?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks