Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 18:36   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: To-be-avoided Car Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
But what about the Tbhp stickers easily available on Amazon India officially sold by Tbhp? If they are openly sold online, then anyone can buy it and stick it, even those who are not Tbhp members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
It is really harmful to Team-BHP community if every Tom, Dick and Harry starts posting this sticker on his car.
Forget about Amazon, anyone can buy from TBHP Store itself

To-be-avoided Car Accessories-capture.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 19:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Forget about Amazon, anyone can buy from TBHP Store
Thanks Mr. Boss. I am aware that anyone can buy the stickers from Amazon and Tbhp website, and that's precisely my problem. I wish only Tbhp members could purchase and stick these stickers. However that's for the mods to decide.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 10th January 2020 at 19:12.
Old 11th January 2020, 18:33   #93
BHPian

Don't see any problems with the general public sporting Tbhp stickers. Even if you somehow restrict sale only to members, non members can always request them from friends who are Bhpians. If anything, it promotes the presence of this community.

Would you rather have those shoddily printed counterfeit labels favored by marauding cabbies?!
hothatchaway is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2020, 18:26   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone who has a butch SUV installed a bonnet mirror on the left side of their car? I've been thinking about it for my TUV 300 since I can never tell how much space is left before I park it kerbside without scraping the footstep.

What I'm afraid of is premature rust on the bonnet because the accessories shop will need to drill holes to instal it...
Old 31st January 2020, 19:26   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Has anyone who has a butch SUV installed a bonnet mirror on the left side of their car? I've been thinking about it for my TUV 300 since I can never tell how much space is left before I park it kerbside without scraping the footstep.

What I'm afraid of is premature rust on the bonnet because the accessories shop will need to drill holes to instal it...
Why don't you try these harmless sticking-type convex mirrors instead of messing with the bonnet? None of my cars were butch but these have served me well in all the cars and I can parallel park my Seltos with so much ease without getting the footstep scraped.

To-be-avoided Car Accessories-images-1.jpeg
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 12:29   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Why don't you try these harmless sticking-type convex mirrors instead of messing with the bonnet?
But are such mirrors any good on the left ORVM? I had one un my erstwhile Swift and I had found only the convex mirror on the right side to be useful. It's a small convex mirror so the reflections on it are so minute and not at all visible from the driver's seat. Or is it just enough to show the kerb beneath the car?
Old 1st February 2020, 19:16   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
But are such mirrors any good on the left ORVM? I had one un my erstwhile Swift and I had found only the convex mirror on the right side to be useful. It's a small convex mirror so the reflections on it are so minute and not at all visible from the driver's seat. Or is it just enough to show the kerb beneath the car?
If they're oriented away on either sides they act as blind spot mirrors giving a wide view but as you mention they're tiny and one has to train their eyes to look at them during fast lane changing, left turning, etc. However, I use them oriented downwards specifically for kerb-side parking and I find them excellent for the purpose. In fact, I use the left one the most. I've seen them in at least 3 shapes and sizes. If the ORVM is large on the TUV 300, the biggest one might work best.
dksv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 09:04   #98
BHPian

This thread includes "chrome around door handles". I understand about avoiding chrome at the rest of the places. But any reason why door handles?. I think this will make it look very elegant.
Is it because, it wont look like the OEM finish in the top spec?.
Old 10th April 2024, 14:20   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

I am seeing some after market cruise control units which can make any car cruise control enabled. I watched a video on youtube where they fitted this device in a Maruti car (don't recall the model). I would say that devices like these can be dangerous the way the engage or more importantly disengage.

Improper installation, a wiring issue, probability of malfunctioning, rat bites on wire etc can render these downright dangerous. A manufacturer developed cruise control system is well integrated through the ECU with proper testing and logic built in which an aftermarket unit cannot match. I don't even know if these units are approved by any road safety departments or fitting them keeps your car road legal! This should be one of the accessory which not only needs to be avoided but also banned from being bought and sold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks