Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:33   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious55 View Post
ICATS only prevents the engine from starting. People will still be able to break in to your car. That's why you need a not just a remote lock but remote locking with an alarm. A lot the the remote locks these days are just that. The don't sound an alarm when someone opens the car.
To add, its best you get a remote locking system with an alarm system fitted. You can go for the impact sensors as well and program them to be switched off if you park your car in a safe location at home or at work. I use the dealer fitted Nippon MGA security system and have had no problems with it since the past year.

Quiz the dealer on the smaller features that come with the system.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I use the dealer fitted Nippon MGA security system and have had no problems with it since the past year.
same case with me.
since last 33 months, i don't have any problems with Nippon security system.
On retail counters in the market, one can get security systems for less money, but why to take risks for some additional cost.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:49   #18
BANNED

Incidentally, Cobra the OEM brand of Hyundai comes from Autocop.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

I use Autocop on my SS80 and havent had any problems with it at all. It is the non -sensor model. My old Esteem uses the OEM 'Wheels' on which I did face problems with the key unit which I have since replaced. Planning to get my Omni fitted with one too, any suggestions from fellow BHPians who have fitted one on their Omni's ?
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Blindly you can go for Autocop, though, are expensive only in few hundreds, but will rest in peace & are more reliable.
Kindly avoid other brands, such that you might get introduce to problem like locks not getting opened/locks open with loud alarm not shutting.

Autocop has good door service. In case of any foul play, they will reach immediately to your spot within minutes.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:38   #21

Friends let me tell you all, for car security, a gear lock is most effective. The only purpose a remote central locking system serves is that of opening and closing the doors. If you need to buy one, I suggest AUTOCOP as I have used both autocop & Xenox on my cars but xenox remotes are useless. If security is your major concern rather that style statement, go for a system which has the engine kill function and do not forget to install a good gear lock. Guys you actually need a gas welding machine to cut through a gearlock. The key cannot be duplicated.
Old 20th August 2009, 19:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest a central lock brand that is compatible with FIAT cars exspecially punto.
Autocop is not compatible as the lock actuators are wire type in punto
Old 20th August 2009, 19:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Please suggest a central lock brand that is compatible with FIAT cars exspecially punto.
Go for Minda. The machine fits into any car and the technicians are well trained.

Just make sure to ask them, not to cut the wires, else the warranty would be void. Instead they should use a clip to complete the circuit. Clip would cost you 10-20 bucks.

Even I am using Minda on my all new ford ikon diesel and its working good.
Old 9th November 2009, 15:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post

Even I am using Minda on my all new ford ikon diesel and its working good.
How much did you pay for Minda? can you please share the model number and details please?
Old 9th November 2009, 16:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
finally i got cross links wheels for 4500/- and it is approved by FIAT , so no problems with warranty.
So far i'am happy with the product.
Old 13th November 2009, 22:51   #26

Hey, ms001 what is cross links wheels ? I too want to get a central locking with remote for my MJD Active. Please suggest what should i do
Old 13th November 2009, 23:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

crosslink wheels is a manufacturer for central remote locking approved by fiat.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:49   #28

Guys, The showroom in Hyundai bangalore said it would cost Rs 7000 to get the security system & immobilizer installed on my Accent.
They need to remove the current factory fitted auto lock.
Is that a reasonable rate to get a Hyundai fitted security system??..btw Auto cop provides the OEM security system to Hyundai..i could not get any more info since the guy did not have any brochure!
Old 19th July 2012, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Re: Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?

Please suggest me Remote Central Lock for Indica Vista. I do not want to cut wires. I heard Minda is compatible with Indica Vista.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:18   #30
BHPian

Re: Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?

I have used Autocop in the past for my Spark LT. Was quite happy with it. However, the model came with cheap plastic casing and buttons which quickly started to deteriorate and one day the whole thing split in exactly half and fell off. I have not been able to find it since then and so have been forced to use only the key.

I called Autocop more than 2 months ago - they have yet to respond. Maybe they are too busy to attend to my problem

For my Qualis I have started remote keyless system called Piranha. I had not heard of this before and it is too early for me to give my opinion. It did seem a bit complicated to use at first, but I quickly understood the basis of its operation.

Will post my review once I use it some more.

- Krishnan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks