Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2013, 17:06   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?

As promised, posting the picture of remote along with the product details as on the card. Please pardon the crappy image, blame my cell phone instead.

Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?-09022013.jpg

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2013, 21:35   #47
BHPian

Hi,

I recently noticed that the Remote Locking setup inside the bonnet of my Alto was broken into two pieces. The hook that is mounted on to the body of the car was broken and the alarm to which the connection is wired was rolling as a separate piece. Please find the picture below that would give you a more clear idea of what I am talking about.

I would like to know whether if it is possible to get the outer shell or the plastic bell shaped cover alone and have the Remote setup screwed back as how it was before? I checked with one of the Auto Accessory shop nearby my place but that guy was unsure of whether it could be done.

Some advise and suggestions on this would be of great help.
Attached Thumbnails
Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?-20130325-21.14.57.jpg  

Remote locking : Autocop or Xenos or Nippon?-20130325-21.15.17.jpg  

Old 10th June 2013, 16:05   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello,

With immense ignorance, I have managed to turn off my reverse alarm of the remote lock system. Its a Minda Fort Knox. Not that bad, but still wanted to know if someone knew the activation/ deactivation codes. Also, codes for other programmable features are welcome.

Regards,
Saket
Old 12th August 2013, 16:34   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Another one now. The system (Spark Minda- Fort Knox) is functioning pretty good as of now, but just a small issue that has cropped since last few days.
Whenever I switch on the ignition, the system will flash the indicators and beep once (like the reverse siren). Though, this happens only once, but I am getting irritated about it. I may have switched some crappy feature on or off. Rest everything like the lock/ unlock, security, reverse siren, auo lock/ unlock etc is working fine.

Can anyone help me out on this? I am planning to hard reset it by disconnecting the battery terminals, but this will reset my ECU and the music system too.

Regards,
Saket
Old 6th October 2015, 17:27   #50
BHPian

My query is for Autocop Remote Locking system for my Honda City iVtec 2012 EMT model. The product description quoted that installation wont involve cutting/splicing of OEM wires. I was looking for something that wont void my extended warranty. So I went ahead and bought it online at a great deal. However, Autocop Authorized Service Center said that they cant install it without cutting/splicing OEM wires. They said this is how they install it in every car. Is this true? I think the installer tried to take me on a ride. I refused to install it, as I would lose my extended warranty. Now, I will have to return the product to the seller. Before doing it, I have few questions:

1) When you installed Remote Locking - Did it involve cutting/splicing of wires?
2) Is it mandatory to cut wires? Cant it be installed using connectors (plug-and-play).
Old 6th October 2015, 18:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

What I have observed while fitting such security systems, wires are not exactly cut; they are cramped. However, that may void the warranty as the manufacturer can claim that the OE wiring has been tampered.

However, wanted to know that your Honda City must have come with OEM remote lock. Why are you planning to change it?

Regards,
Saket
Old 6th October 2015, 18:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
However, wanted to know that your Honda City must have come with OEM remote lock. Why are you planning to change it?
2012 EMT didn't come with an OEM remote lock. It seems I have to wait for an year to install security-remote locking feature in my car. My extended warranty expires in 2016.

I checked it with Xenos. Their technician first claimed it can't be done without involving wire splicing. On digging further, he said he can do it with connectors. I am skeptical of his abilities. If he knew he can do it with connectors then he would have said the same in the first place. Let's see. I have check with the best local accessory shops in Bhubaneswar.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:17   #53
BHPian

I want to install an anti-theft alarm in my 2015 Grand i10. The OEM key has a remote to lock/unlock the vehicle but there is no anti-theft alarm. Please suggest which security system i should go with?
Old 19th October 2015, 15:33   #54
BHPian

Currently, Autocop/ Xenos/ Nippon are the best and safest bet, in my opinion. I am more inclined for Autocop, as they are the oldest and renowned brand in India. Xenos is from Pricol, another reputed brand too. All Maruti cars are installed with Nippon security systems and are know to work well. Choice is yours.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:10   #55
BHPian

Hi Guys, newbie here and I sure hope its the first of my many posts.

I have a Micra XL,which is barely a year old. This car earlier was on driver duty so it is barely accessorized. Now, since the wifey has learnt driving, its being driven by her and I am slowly starting to deck it up. Amongst other things, I plan to install a remote locking device(main objective is convenience, rather than security),. So can the gurus suggest an entry level Autocop,Xenos etc system. Also I have the same question as posted above, will it void the warranty and the extended warranty(I think I have another 1+2 left).
Another option would be to avoid being stingy and go for OE product at Nissan workshop in Kolkata.

Would really appreciate ideas/suggestions on this. Thanks!
Old 8th August 2016, 18:33   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
Hi Guys, newbie here and I sure hope its the first of my many posts.

I plan to install a remote locking device(main objective is convenience, rather than security),. So can the gurus suggest an entry level Autocop,Xenos etc system. Also I have the same question as posted above, will it void the warranty and the extended warranty(I think I have another 1+2 left).
Another option would be to avoid being stingy and go for OE product at Nissan workshop in Kolkata.
Autocop works like a charm in many cars. Xenos is not bad either. If there is any kind of OEM wire splicing then your warranty (standard+extended) will be void. At least Honda voids your warranty if OEM wires are cut.

Make sure you locate Autocop Authorized Center in your city. Visit them and ask them which model is best for Micra. Also, inquire if any splicing of OEM wires is needed to install the device. Buy it from them or get it online.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 01:43   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Incidentally, Cobra the OEM brand of Hyundai comes from Autocop.
For my Hyundai i10 I am using the above remote locking system {AUTOCOP} for the last 6 years I find it to be very good as far as performance is concerned. I would like to know whether we can disable/enable the reverse horn beeps which is at times little irritating especially while parking in the basement of the Apartment during late night which disturbs the residents Urgent guidance is needed
Old 12th April 2017, 10:06   #58
BHPian

Guys,
I've a WagonR Lxi 2007 model. This model has manual central locking system (at drivers' side). So thought of installing a remote lock.
If i purchase remote lock from below, is it enough for remote lock/unlock setup? Will maruti install it?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...608.0.0.hq08Hn

Thanks.
Old 12th April 2017, 12:29   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
If i purchase remote lock from below, is it enough for remote lock/unlock setup? Will maruti install it?
It will work on your Wagon R Lxi. The manual central locking system has an inbuilt actuator. The installer will just have to connect the control unit of the remote to the already existing system and you are good to go.

However, I don't see any door lock/unlock sensors in the package. You will need six of them (4+1+1). Please confirm their availability before placing the order.

Maruti might not agree to install it in your car. But the process is pretty straight forward and doable at FNGs or accessory shops. You can even diy if you are so inclined.

At less than ₹500, the cost of the unit might turn out to be cheaper than the installation charges .

OT: Are they reliable units? My technician at the local MASS keeps warning that a cheap/sloppily installed remote system can play havoc with the immobiliser unit of the cars. Not sure of its veracity though.

So, I would prefer to buy an autocop unit for around 3k and get it professionally installed (which is free).
Old 12th April 2017, 12:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
It will work on your Wagon R Lxi. The manual central locking system has an inbuilt actuator. The installer will just have to connect the control unit of the remote to the already existing system and you are good to go.

However, I don't see any door lock/unlock sensors in the package. You will need six of them (4+1+1). Please confirm their availability before placing the order.

Maruti might not agree to install it in your car. But the process is pretty straight forward and doable at FNGs or accessory shops. You can even diy if you are so inclined.

At less than ₹500, the cost of the unit might turn out to be cheaper than the installation charges .

OT: Are they reliable units? My technician at the local MASS keeps warning that a cheap/sloppily installed remote system can play havoc with the immobiliser unit of the cars. Not sure of its veracity though.

So, I would prefer to buy an autocop unit for around 3k and get it professionally installed (which is free).
Thank you dailydriver for the reply.
Just wanted to know for what purpose these sensors are needed?
ramki067 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks