Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2004, 17:40   #16
BANNED

Hey GTO, U've gotten me into a funny situation, I have ordered my system from automech and will b reaching here(dli) by tomorrow. I wudn't want 2 mess up my engine ... Pls advise !
Old 30th June 2004, 18:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

hey Khaadu, what exactly have you asked for? A complete system or just the end can.

And which car will you be fitting it on? I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you, just make note of where the O2 sensor placement is. A few centimeters here of there won't affect it at all.

Rtech
Old 30th June 2004, 22:52   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

However, a failed O2 sensor on a regular car can have the same effect, so pay attention to your car's behavious.
The yellow check engine light will immediately come on if it stops functioning. Confirmed with Honda. However, I doubt it will count as a malfunction if the positioning is changed so have to take care on that account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hey GTO, U've gotten me into a funny situation, I have ordered my system from automech and will b reaching here(dli) by tomorrow. I wudn't want 2 mess up my engine ... Pls advise !
Khaadu, dont worry about it. Just use the information provided here to ensure a trouble free experience.

I honestly want a free flow exhaust real bad in my Vtec!

GTO
Old 1st July 2004, 01:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey GTO,
the blue vtec must have had a badly designed free flow.regarding automech,i know of many people in mumbai who have had his syatems itheir city's dunno whether vtec ,all of them simply praise it.
regarding the top end that u were saying,there are two types of free flows made ,one for top end and othet for the mid range.go for the second option.
there is no one else that i know of in mumbai who can do a better job.
most of the people who claim to get free flows done also get it from automech and then sell it at a higher rate.
so i dont think ther should be any problem
and my mpfi car is doing great after all these 3years of abuse,and i had fitted the free flow on the very next day i got my car

Old 1st July 2004, 12:28   #20
BHPian

if installed correctly and designed by a person keeping the individual car in mind, it will work wonders for your car. rather than go in for something which is mass made, get something which is made individually made for your car by someone who knows his work.

the blue car must have a badly designed one, thats all, otherwise you would not have so many people going in for headers right?
Old 1st July 2004, 12:47   #21
Tom
BHPian

How does the customer cross check whether the pipes were correctly designed for the car? BTW i had a peek at the G-tech readings of ur car

Old 1st July 2004, 15:06   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ June 30 2004,14:39)]ok...so why move the sensors in the first place???
Well,

I guess its not just the moving the sensor (and the reason for moving it is because the manifold is not of the same geometry, so no matter where u put it it will not be in the "same" place...if u see what i mean.)
Also factors like different pipe diameter, temperature and rate of flow might alter readings.

The purpose of this thread is not to scare people off free-flows, but to make it known that it is a fine art, and needs to be done correctly

cheers
R
Old 13th July 2004, 01:06   #23
BHPian

hey gto i suppose the 02 sensor is mounted on the exhaust manifold? if thats the case then why dont u keep the stock manifold and remove the cat and put in a straight thorugh exhaust.. thataway u'd maintain a safe equilibrium between safety and performance ..
Old 13th July 2004, 01:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ June 30 2004,00:15)]Honestly, K&N and a high lift cam as well as a slightly modded chip shud give u tons of fun.
hey revv u know anyone around who mods chips ?
Old 13th July 2004, 01:34   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
hey gto i suppose the 02 sensor is mounted on the exhaust manifold? if thats the case then why dont u keep the stock manifold and remove the cat and put in a straight thorugh exhaust.. thataway u'd maintain a safe equilibrium between safety and performance ..
Thanks man, will keep this in mind when I visit Automech.

GTO
Old 13th July 2004, 04:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Kinetik @ July 12 2004,23:42)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ June 30 2004,00:15)]Honestly, K&N and a high lift cam as well as a slightly modded chip shud give u tons of fun.
hey revv u know anyone around who mods chips ?

I don’t think high lift cams are a good idea for a MPi as they make the car run like a PIG below 3K but after that just rockets and you would need an anchor to stop the car *also after modding the car with new cams I don’t know of anyone having RR's in Mumbai and the other equipment needed to program the ECU with the necessary new values.

I had done it to my corsa but it was bloody annoying to drive her in the city (stop and go) therefore sold it and put the stock cams back on.

Satyam

Old 19th July 2004, 08:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Tom @ July 01 2004,11:17)]How does the customer cross check whether the pipes were correctly designed for the car? BTW i had a peek at the G-tech readings of ur car
no idea. i just trust the guys that i go to. what did the great g-tech meter readings tell you tom?
Old 12th October 2006, 16:54   #28
BHPian

Hey GTO did you finally go in for the free flow in your vtec ? if so from whom and what has your experience been like so far ??
Old 12th October 2006, 17:55   #29
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
The yellow check engine light will immediately come on if it stops functioning. Confirmed with Honda.
In my Santro the "Check engine" light does not come on when I turn on the ignition. As per the manual it is supposed to come on and then go off when the car is started. But the light stays off always. I am wondering whether this is a problem with the light or with my exhaust system.

Recently my tail pipe and muffler fell off (catcon was intact) and had it replaced by non-Hyundai stainless steel ones at a local garage. These people convinced me that the Hyundai silencer and tail pipe are made of MS and prone to rusting. But no apparent problems with engine -- engine temp and FE are fine, and car seems to perform exactly as before, except with a slightly different sound.
Old 12th October 2006, 19:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan,
would it be that the faster flow of the exhaust gasses around the O2 sensor might not be giving the sensor enough time for a reading. Just a guess..

i have an Automech free flow(the whole package) on my 800 MPFi. The engine's doing good after 1 yrs use. Engine mileage is at 68000. Out of which 30k was on free flow. I don't notice any problem with the engine.

the performance with a stock muffler+headers+expansion chamber seems to be better than that with the automech muffler..nothing specific but the engine seems to run smoother and faster now. well the stock muffler is pretty free flow now..the pipes inside are rusted to kingdom come!!

Kinetik,
The headers are an integral part of the "free flow" as they really do away with the back pressure at the manifold.

Drive on,
Shibu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks