Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2006, 19:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks
These people convinced me that the Hyundai silencer and tail pipe are made of MS and prone to rusting. But no apparent problems with engine -- engine temp and FE are fine, and car seems to perform exactly as before, except with a slightly different sound.

Guess the mechanics were right! When my car came back from the last service, advaith guys pointed out the end tailpipe was rusted and is now riddled with holes. Iv got to get this replaced now.
Old 13th October 2006, 12:12   #32
NIP
Senior - BHPian

souljah...i have a 5yr old santro and yes, the whole exhaust assembly does rust and get holes after a few yrs. i got my whole assembly replaced for 7k from trident ! i would suggest not to waste money if you're gonna sell it...
Old 25th October 2006, 15:28   #33

i am planning to get the exhaust system for my city....the guys here are charging me close to 8-10k just for 4-1 headers and bout 3k for 2 inch ms straight pipe with the freeflow mffler..apparently this guy raj does a really good job and has done the complete exhaust for the R.V college formula car
Old 26th October 2006, 04:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic
i am planning to get the exhaust system for my city....the guys here are charging me close to 8-10k just for 4-1 headers and bout 3k for 2 inch ms straight pipe with the freeflow mffler..apparently this guy raj does a really good job and has done the complete exhaust for the R.V college formula car
ya thats true. may pal got an exhaust for his mpfi esteem for just 5k from raj itself. it depends on ur level of contacts. he will even charge 10k for a zen's exhaust.
I'm also caught in a tangle to go to raj or FRK or automech...whats better? I think automech is hassle free and time tested.
Old 26th October 2006, 13:30   #35
BHPian

Hi Fieroid,

Raj is the best for the job, but he is not in town if I am right. Automech I have recently for that done on my Alto. No complaints so far. FRK not sure.
Well another person I can suggest is RAC in kormangala.

I have got the automech FE fitted from him and also got a K&N for my accent from him. Does a very neat job.
Old 26th October 2006, 14:12   #36

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Slang / SMS language is not permitted on Team-BHP. Please retype your post in full and proper english for the benefit of other users of this community.

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2006 at 14:44.
Old 26th October 2006, 14:42   #37
BHPian

ya thats the prob, raj is on and off quite often...if u are lucky, u can get him.
Ya will try RAC too, they are pretty close to my place. My pal who rallies suggested FRK coz he is reasonable and good. Any idea how much the freeflow for zen will cost from automech?
Gotta check with FRK and RAC on saturday.
Old 17th December 2006, 23:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

my OHC 1.5 which has done around 56k needs a exhaust replacement. over the last 6-8k ive already done 4-5 welds on the pipe with the dealership and as usual honda labour charges are atrociously high. around Rs500 bucks for a weld !! after the last weld some 2-3 months back, i can start hearing a leak from the exhaust and also feel more vibrations on steering and gear knob ( think due to the leak)..what is the exact trade of betn a stock exhaust and a free flow ? cost wise, performance wise, FE, ENGINE LIFE etc..?
Old 25th December 2006, 16:38   #39
BHPian

where is this frk and auto mechs situated?? me too looking for FF for my lancer....Any other places to check out in bangalore??
Old 26th December 2006, 13:05   #40
BHPian

I am planning to go in for a free flow exhaust system for my fiesta 1.6 from automech. I would like to know if there are any chances of engine damage due to this.

Most Viewed