Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2020, 17:43   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
I used the same product a few days earlier than you on my 15 year old Swift and the results were so encouraging I went ahead and coated my 82' Bullet and my 86' Gypsy.
Interesting. Most people don't even think of ceramic for older vehicles. Perhaps the lower cost of DIY makes it more thinkable. You have got very nice results there.

Although some of these products are now easy to apply, I don't think I could do anything that requires drying time here: there would be a layer of dust included by the time it was finished
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 18:15   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't think I could do anything that requires drying time here: there would be a layer of dust included by the time it was finished
The product dries to the touch within a couple of minutes, but you need to apply it in a relatively dust free environment. One just has to be very methodical on the whole process.

It cost me under 3K to do all 3 vehicles (2 coats on the Swift, single on the Bullet and Gypsy) and I still have about 1/2 a bottle left.
keroo1099 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 22:04   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Although some of these products are now easy to apply, I don't think I could do anything that requires drying time here: there would be a layer of dust included by the time it was finished
That wouldn't be a problem Sir, for DIY coatings. Trust me. Just get a bottle of nice pre-coating wipedown spray, like CarPro Eraser or Gyeon Prep. Just before you coat a panel, wipe it with either of these sprays and then apply the coat. Consumer grade coatings mostly don't need us to wait for long before wiping off. So the slight dust that accumulates within the few seconds won't actually be problematic, practically speaking.
saisailendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 23:30   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Hello TBHPians, I request your advice regarding ceramic coating for my new black Hyundai Tuscon.

- I assume that this is worth doing to keep the shiny black colour for longer in our dusty city. I have read through this long thread and have some queries

- I expect that the cost will be around Rs. 45k to 50k and that it takes a few days for the process.

- What is a good place to get this done? I stay in the HAL area, near Indiranagar, Bangalore

Totally worth doing. You wont be able to prevent yourself from taking multiple glances at ur car after a good detailing session. I have got it done for my car from here
https://www.krithicarcare.com/detailing-services/

Run by a BHP'ian I find the workmanship, quality of materials and overall attitude simply fantastic.

Though this is not near HAL it's worth checking out.

My 4 yr old Linea is being taken care of here for both servicing as well as detailing.

My friend from Coimbatore brought his brand new superb here a couple of months ago and went back delighted.

On the same lines another friend seeing our experiences has dropped his car from Madurai with Krithi.

Do request him to show you some before after videos of the work.
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 04:11   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
The product dries to the touch within a couple of minutes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisailendra View Post
That wouldn't be a problem Sir, for DIY coatings...
Thanks for the encouragement and reassurance. I just had my car properly polished for the first time in a long time, so that will do for now. But for the future...
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 13:53   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
Totally worth doing. You wont be able to prevent yourself from taking multiple glances at ur car after a good detailing session. I have got it done for my car from here
https://www.krithicarcare.com/detailing-services/
Thank you. I will check them out. I plan to do some driving next week, so it will after that, since it will take a few days for the coating.

Will update once I learn more.
Old 3rd December 2020, 20:00   #337
BHPian

Great Feed. I was on the lookout of an authentic shop in NCR region (Noida/Gzb) also, if someone can guide me the best option for two years 10-month-old white Alturas. My concern is based on the reviews and experiences I have read about people adopting foam/ waterless car wash by themselves to extend the coat life.(Please enlighten if true). In practical terms, it wont be possible for me as the car gets switched between my dad and me at two different houses, and it'll be cleaned by some staff back at home once or twice a week with water and wear old clothes despite of me putting microfibre clothes in all the door pads. Is this going to be concern while deciding the type of coat and its duration?
Old 7th December 2020, 13:00   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Great Feed. I was on the lookout of an authentic shop in NCR region (Noida/Gzb) also, if someone can guide me the best option for two years 10-month-old white Alturas. My concern is based on the reviews and experiences I have read about people adopting foam/ waterless car wash by themselves to extend the coat life.(Please enlighten if true). In practical terms, it wont be possible for me as the car gets switched between my dad and me at two different houses, and it'll be cleaned by some staff back at home once or twice a week with water and wear old clothes despite of me putting microfibre clothes in all the door pads. Is this going to be concern while deciding the type of coat and its duration?
I can vouch for the Modesta coatings at Autotech Delhi (Paschim Vihar). However, given your situation, I wouldn't recommend ceramic coating. It needs that kind of methodical rinse-less washing for maintaining the gloss, which may not be that visible on a white car. Even then micro-scratches are inevitable.

You are better off getting a good cover and reducing the cleaning. Get something microfiber lined on the inside (like TPH), which your staff can take and and off. If you want to splurge then get a PPF.

The ceramic coat I got was Modest BC 04, which should be good for 2 years if maintained properly.
iamitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:11   #339
BHPian

Thank you so much for the response. I have got the microfiber clothes and will try more to ensure the boys use them. PPF is out of budget. I'm already being partial towards Alturas' Ceramic in my budgeting than my Terrano's denting and detailing :P Out of curiosity, any other recommended polishing which gives me would satisfaction of getting a shine for a few weeks/months if possible, and then I can redo that every six months/ a year?
Old 13th December 2020, 02:06   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aastiksaluja View Post
Thank you so much for the response. I have got the microfiber clothes and will try more to ensure the boys use them. PPF is out of budget. I'm already being partial towards Alturas' Ceramic in my budgeting than my Terrano's denting and detailing :P Out of curiosity, any other recommended polishing which gives me would satisfaction of getting a shine for a few weeks/months if possible, and then I can redo that every six months/ a year?
Look into the new range of Turtle wax Ice Seal and shine it comes in a black bottle, and secondly Maguire's Hybrid Ceramic Wax.
I use the Ice seal and shine on my cars which have not been coated and am quite happy with the results.
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:37   #341
BHPian

BHPians in Bangalore, do you have any recommendations for Ceramic coating in Bangalore? I am looking to get one done on my new Harrier Dark edition.

Does anyone have any experience with Car Laundry? Their advertisement about 12H Ceramic coating with 5 years warranty is only 20k. They do not mention for which car etc., maybe that is the catch, but seems to be too good to be true.

Last edited by Garth : 2nd January 2021 at 18:00.
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:07   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
BHPians in Bangalore, do you have any recommendations for Ceramic coating in Bangalore? I am looking to get one done on my new Harrier Dark edition.

Does anyone have any experience with Car Laundry? Their advertisement about 12H Ceramic coating with 5 years warranty is only 20k. They do not mention for which car etc., maybe that is the catch, but seems to be too good to be true.

Would suggest Ceramic Pro Rajajinagar.
They seem to be quite professional in their job and the place is well done and totally dust free.
My cars are currently being maintained by them.

I could put you on to them.

Contact Abhishek the owner. +91 97415 99936
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 22:54   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I could put you on to them.

Contact Abhishek the owner. +91 97415 99936
Thanks for the contact details. I will speak to them.
Old 21st January 2021, 12:47   #344
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

My white coloured car will be used as wedding car for a day next month. I'm currently not using any specific product for paint protection and relying only on the usual fortnightly pressure car wash.

The question I have is that can sticking flowers stems (natural/artificial) and a bouquet of flowers on the hood using cello tape damage paint ? The car will be driven for about 500 kms in total with the flowers stuck on it.

Secondly, if there indeed is a damage to paint due to flowers, then is there a product in the market that I can apply to minimise it. I'm not looking forward to spend more than 2K INR for paint protection product.
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:46   #345
BHPian

Any recommendations for a ceramic coating in Mumbai? I need it for my brand new Tucson

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks