Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 11:46   #511
BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
I have booked Honda City, Golden Brown Color, being a dark shade would like to do Ceramic Coating.

I spoke to Carzspa Chennai(Graphene), they were asking 40K for the basic package and 55K for the full package(Interior, Exterior, Alloys and Glass) with 5 years warranty.

Spoke to another guy Car Sense, he is using Turtle Wax 10H+ Ceramic Coating, he is asking for 27k with 3 years warrant, according to him he says only Turtle Wax has 10H+ it is a new product with Graphene additives and it is superior than Graphene Coating.

Not sure which is correct, can anybody help?
Get a quote from IGL Coatings for their signature product called IGL Kenzo with 5 years protection.I am using it since last 8 months and very happy.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:31   #512
BHPian

Greetings to all.
I would also like to share my experience with Ceramic Coating which we did on our Hector in December 2020 after a month of delivery of the car.
We chose Detailing Devils Paschim Vihar, Delhi branch as our detailer because it was nearest to our house and had a good reputation in our circle.
We got a New Year Discount so we got their best package (whole car,glass,wheels) at price of just 30k with 5 year warranty.

The results are good and our driver waited for a whole day there till our car was coated.
The water drop effect was evident on the panels of the car.
But on Glass area results were not satisfactory so we asked him to reapply the coat on windows and windshield again. He willingly obliged and charged no extra fee.
The car shined like anything and dad was impressed very much by the results. Also cleaning the car became very easy.

After 1.5 years
The results on coating are fine even till now even though we have not reapplied it again.
The car shines after just a damp cloth swipe.
But during these monsoon we observed that water didn’t flow down like earlier and remained on the bonnet.

So I fully recommend it that too at a price we got, it’s best. It has prevented the car from swirl marks all this time even though our cleaner has no 2 bucket system. And has retained the car's shine too
Old 6th August 2022, 23:17   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Get a quote from IGL Coatings for their signature product called IGL Kenzo with 5 years protection.I am using it since last 8 months and very happy.
I checked here in Chennai, couldn't find anybody using that.

Reached out to their helpdesk awaiting response.
Old 7th August 2022, 00:08   #514
BHPian

Quote:

Last I checked they had a Kenzo installer in Tamil Nadu
Below is the official link for all the Kenzo Detailers in India

https://www.iglcoatings.in/find-a-kenzo-master/
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-screenshot_20220807000801_whatsapp.jpg  

Old 7th August 2022, 08:14   #515
BANNED

I was contemplating doing Ceramic coating on my yet to be delivered Black Kia Sonet, what are your opinions on the same, Is it any good?
Old 7th August 2022, 11:37   #516
BHPian

Quote:

I am also looking for a good ceramic coating place in Chennai. Sometime back I saw Ceramic Pro outlet in ECR but couldn't enquire. Did you check with them?
Old 7th August 2022, 16:32   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
... Sometime back I saw Ceramic Pro outlet in ECR but couldn't enquire.
Looked a decade or so ago: horrendously expensive.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:12   #518

I'm expecting the delivery of my Kia Seltos in a day or so and have been doing a bit of research on the ceramic coating and found a detailer in Bangalore by the name of Autotriz.
He has offered me a 3-year package for 40,000 and a 5-year package for 50,000.
This includes one full-fledged coating at the first time of application and costs 7000 for each year of the package(3 or 5 years).
I wanted to check if this is worth it and if anyone here has any reviews about Autotriz and its products.
Old 8th August 2022, 21:09   #519
BHPian

I recently got ceramic coating for my Virtus. I was confused between Detailing Mafia and IGL.

I visited both the shops and IGL had very competitive pricing, but they didnt have any cars to show the coating or offered to show a demo on the car.
Even the shop was full of dust which didnt give me enough confidence.
The thing I understood about ceramic coating is It locks the paint and if there is any dust on the car before applying the coat it will be locked with the coat.

After this I visited Detailing Mafia. They quoted higher price for Labocosmetic 5 years warranty including interiors. I was not sure of the price quote, but after visiting the shop I was happy with what I saw. They had dust free area for application of ceramic and PPF as well. They care they were taking for each car was very impressive.
They even offered to show a demo sample on my car. I was not expecting much difference on my car as it was not even a month old. But boy was I wrong.

It was a small area on the bonnet which they applied the samples, but the difference was immediate. There a was an impressive shine to the car and even the touch and feel of the area was very smooth.

I gave my car for the complete coating and they said it will take 2 1/2 days to complete the process. They have been sharing videos on daily basis and have been in contact with me throughout the process.

They gave a complementary PPF protection for basic hit areas of doors corners, Door handles and ORVM.

The final product was very impressive and I am very satisfied with the outcome for ceramic coating.

However there are few points which they have mentioned for me to take care of.

1. We are not allowed to wash the car for first week and have to take car for first wash after a week. Avoiding water during monsoon was a very difficult task.

2. They have mentioned in their broacher that we need to get car washed once in every 2 months or else the warranty will be void. I spoke with the SA and he said they wont void the warranty but mentioned to get it washed atleast once in 3 months to maintain the coat.

3. The PPF was not applied properly and was peeling off. But they rectified it during the 1 week wash and applied new PPF for all the areas again.

I was also confused between PPF and ceramic coating. But atleast now I would say ceramic is better for maintaining the car color and PPF for protecting from external damages. But none of them protect car from bigger damages and both need to be reapplied if we repaint of replace any damaged part of car. So felt ceramic is cheaper and easier to maintain than PFF.
saats07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 22:33   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saats07 View Post
After this I visited Detailing Mafia. They quoted higher price for Labocosmetic 5 years warranty including interiors..

Could you share the cost, if you don't mind. Thanks.
Old 9th August 2022, 01:56   #521
BHPian

Quote:
I recently got ceramic coating for my Virtus. I was confused between Detailing Mafia and IGL.

I visited both the shops and IGL had very competitive pricing, but they didnt have any cars to show the coating or offered to show a demo on the car.
Even the shop was full of dust which didnt give me enough confidence.
Surprising to see IGL authorised detailers with a dusty shop, they are one of the highest quality ceramic coatings one can apply to paint. Regarding demos, one can’t really demo a ceramic coating as it takes 5-7 days to fully cure and reach it full hydrophobic and gloss potential. One can demo paint correction to show how corrected paint will look but that’s about it.

Quote:
The thing I understood about ceramic coating is It locks the paint and if there is any dust on the car before applying the coat it will be locked with the coat.
This is simply not true, if you have dust and you start applying a coating, you’ll simply push the dust around with the applicator and risk marring the paintwork. Ceramic coatings are liquid and dust cannot be ‘locked in’ post application. It is possible that the coating may not bond well to the clearcoat if applied on an unclean surface.

Good to hear you are happy with your choice. Keep it away from the daily cleaner for many years of swirl free paint.
AJ56 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 09:56   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownkaiser View Post

Could you share the cost, if you don't mind. Thanks.
Attached is the complete service catalogue.

I went for the Ultimate package of SAM + HPC. They have quoted 78000 for sedan, but came to a final cost of 60000. I didnt negotiate further as I was scared it may lead to a sub par service.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Service Catalogue Full.zip (14.53 MB, 143 views)
saats07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 10:37   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Attached is the complete service catalogue.

I went for the Ultimate package of SAM + HPC. They have quoted 78000 for sedan, but came to a final cost of 60000. I didnt negotiate further as I was scared it may lead to a sub par service.

In half of this price cant you really get whole car repainted again? Since Maximum anyone can spend in painting a car is 3000 per part.

Anything north of 30K for this is pointless in my opinion.
somebodystopme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 14:13   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
In half of this price cant you really get whole car repainted again? Since Maximum anyone can spend in painting a car is 3000 per part.

Anything north of 30K for this is pointless in my opinion.
A good repaint from a high quality body shop will be upwards of 2L even for a small car. It takes hundreds of man hours and a lot of skill to do it properly. 3000 per panel is what you’ll get at roadside paint shops.

Coming to ceramic coatings, the kit alone for high quality coatings is 12-18k, with some coatings like Kamikaze Zipang coat starting at $350, which is over 30k just for the kit, let alone other materials and labour/time the detailer will put in. The suggested selling price for high end coatings is between $1500-3500, in India we still get them at a fraction of the cost at under $1000 in most cases due to cheaper labour.

Last edited by AJ56 : 14th August 2022 at 14:32.
AJ56 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:51   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I think this market has reached silly-price stage. Completely daft sum of money.

But it is not really comparable with a respray. A respray, skilfully done, will make the car as close to looking new as is possible outside the factory: that's on day one, and just like the new car did, it degrades from then on.

The ceramic finish is about keeping the car looking as absolutely good as possible, every day, for as long as possible.

When I last looked, which is a few years back, a full repsray for a VW Polo was 50k. It probably costs more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
A good repaint from a high quality body shop will be upwards of 2L even for a small car. It takes hundreds of man hours and a lot of skill to do it properly. 3000 per panel is what you’ll get at roadside paint shops.
I disagree. three to four thousand is what I have paid at both VW A-S-S and high-class independent.

(Actually, I am in need of a paint job again, so will be getting updated on the prices all too soon)

Quote:
Coming to ceramic coatings, the kit alone for high quality coatings is 12-18k, with some coatings like Kamikaze Zipang coat starting at $350, which is over 30k just for the kit, let alone other materials and labour/time the detailer will put in. The suggested selling price for high end coatings is between $1500-3500, in India we still get them at a fraction of the cost at under $1000 in most cases due to cheaper labour.
Interesting. But compare it to audiophile pricing where, not that many years ago, TOTL was $500. Then came the thousand-dollar 'phone; the $2k 'phone, and now the four to five thousand USD headphone is not so unusual.

What changed? The technology got ten times better? Not at all. The market changed. And the marketing. And "High quality" can be as much about marketing as it is about fact.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks