Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 17:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: The Ceramic Coating Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That's one of the horrible product!! Curing time is approximately 6+ hours in Chennai's Weather & the protection is kind of OKish compared to to 45 minutes curing time of Ultima Paint Guard that lasts 1.5 years without any maintenance.
Curing time can be sped up by using a hairdryer or heat gun. If I remember correctly it takes around a week to harden fully and show best properties. AFAIK the protection is good but needs a good heavy duty decontamination wash every 6 months or so to restore the slickness and hydrophobicity. It is not as glossy and slick as the CQuartz and similar coatings but its longer lasting so its a matter for preference once again.

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th September 2017 at 12:09. Reason: Properly formatted the post. Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 18:12   #107
BHPian

Read the complete thread but still not able to find whether Ceramic coating is good or bad.

I somehow started following Always Dry on FB and results are good to see. Not sure how long such coatings lasts but one things is sure they look awesome. Attaching the price list.

I am not interested in DIY and want my car to have brilliant shine. I can not save my car from the daily washing guy he will use the same technique like he follow with other cars. Max I can do is I can provide him the microfiber cloth to use on my car. I want to spend more time inside rather out but at the same time can't live with dull looking vehicle. I maintained my Safari quite well with occasional jet wash + Formula one polish.

I am planning this for my New Endeavour(White) arriving next month. Not sure if I should go with 3M or Ceramic or wash n wax process.

Is it still advisable to go for the high tech ceramic coatings? How soon they will ruin if I don't follow the terms and conditions quoted by them?

What is the time period I should opt for any sort of paint protection after getting my vehicle?
Attached Thumbnails
The Ceramic Coating Thread-fb_img_1492980340079.jpg  

Last edited by roby_dk : 24th April 2017 at 18:14.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 13:21   #108

Re: Ceramic Pro Coating - Is it really useful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I have had the Ceramic Pro coating done on my C250 at Indranagar.

Haven't done a write up on the forum because I actually wanted to see the results before I write up a review. It's been slightly over a month and a half since the car was coated.

I had 3 coats of 9h and one coat of light applied. I haven't had any issues or swirl marks develop on the car since. Water really beads away quickly. I have to hold my judgement for at least another 2 months before I am able to commit on the effectiveness.

Rahul runs the place at Indiranagar Bangalore , he and his team have a good eye for detail and very professional. He can be reached on
+9195389 95445

They also have a product called CeramicPro sport, this can be used like any other liquid polish for maintaining the car after the coating.

If anyone has questions , I will be happy to answer.

Attachment 1626831
Attachment 1626832
Attachment 1626833Attachment 1626835
Attachment 1626836
bro your car looks absolutely stunning with the ceramic pro. Could you please share images prior to the ceramic coating.

Guys if anyone has got ceramic pro coating on their honda city, please share images, it would be really helpful to me.

Guys I would also like to know if you've any experience with onyxaa. They have similar ceramic coatings.
Old 18th May 2017, 18:41   #109
BHPian

Anyone looking for a nano-coating may also have a look at Max-Protect
http://max-protect.co.uk/

After one and a half month of max-protect coating my new super-white fortuner looks same all bright and shiny.

Max-Protect claim that the base layer of their coating turns into a rubber film.

I tend to agree for its benefits as in last month there have been few two-wheeler "handle-bar attacks" leaving black color rubber impressions on the side panels of the car. Cleaning with ONR and microfiber cloth brings back original shine.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 09:58   #110
BANNED

I at least find ceramic much preferable to Teflon. The latter is soft and will probably wear off in a few months. I am waiting for more feedback on Ceramics.
Old 19th May 2017, 10:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Anyone looking for a nano-coating may also have a look at Max-Protect
http://max-protect.co.uk/
+1

After 16 months & 88000km of use my Varicor400 Storme still looks better than new stormes.

There are some swirl marks but its negligible.

The Reflections & shine is just awesome.

Today's pics.
The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_27_48_pro-large.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_28_52_pro-large.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_29_06_pro-large.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_30_10_pro-large.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_30_52_pro-large.jpg

The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_09_27_34_pro-large.jpg
Copy pasting my post from my ownership thread. (from another forum)
Quote:
Ceramic Nano Coating
Got the ceramic coating & detaining done at RealShine detailers. My storme is first vehicle to get the ceramic coat.
Its really better than normal coating. paint surface is very smooth & bird droppings/tree sap/dirt are very easy to remove. a must for new vehicle.
Brand: MAX PROTECT. UK.
Type : Nano Ceramic coat.
Time : 2 Full Days (3 for my storme)
Cost : 12K
Steps
  1. Whole vehicle was Power washed
  2. Decontamination by Clay bar
  3. Paint Rubbing by White paste + Wool pad
  4. Application of Paint recondition cream
  5. Application of Ultimate Nano Coat v2 (needs 8 hours to cure )
  6. Application of Silk coat
  • Interior Cleaned by vacuum
  • Dashboard, Door panels, plastic panels waxed
  • All rubber door beading cleaned & coated
  • Engine bay, Tyres coated with natural compound
  • All steel parts waxed
The Ceramic Coating Thread-dsc_0422-.jpgThe Ceramic Coating Thread-dsc_0053.jpgThe Ceramic Coating Thread-dsc_0090.jpgThe Ceramic Coating Thread-dsc_0125.jpgThe Ceramic Coating Thread-dsc_0279.jpg
Disclaimer :
  1. There are many brands of ceramic coating with different results.
  2. Please get a test panel done on your car or see a already coated car by the certified detailer only. (max protect has 8 certified detailers only)
    http://maxprotectindia.com/certified
  3. There are many cheaters who just wax your car & tell you that its ceramic coated. (even in max protect clan)
jeepster is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 10:40   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
.... by the certified detailer only. (max protect has 8 certified detailers only)....
And those eight are severely monitored by Mr. Vikram, master franchisee at Mumbai, who himself is a chemical engineer and a detailer. On phone he told me that this is first time someone has developed world's first Nano Rubber Membrane Coating.

Indian facebook link :https://www.facebook.com/maxprotectindia/

@Jeepster : That is superb and brilliantly maintained SUV.

I'm using Original California duster and then Ultima ONR spray and microfibre for daily cleaning. Would request you like to share your maintenance tips after UNC-R coating. Thanks in advance.

I regret spending money on 3M PPF clear bra last year on my new i20 Active as i did not have any info about unc-r.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 19th May 2017 at 10:55.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 11:46   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
And those eight are severely monitored by Mr. Vikram, master franchisee at Mumbai, who himself is a chemical engineer and a detailer.

@Jeepster : That is superb and brilliantly maintained SUV.

I'm using Original California duster and then Ultima ONR spray and microfibre for daily cleaning. Would request you like to share your maintenance tips after UNC-R coating. Thanks in advance.
Thanks.

Yes, Duster & microfiber works best along with branded car shampoo.

Our driver regularly cleans the car at home with jopasu duster & microfiber, But he does it so many times that the microfiber gets torn every month.
The Ceramic Coating Thread-wp_20170519_11_31_25_pro-small.jpg
I am surprised that the coating has lasted this long, With proper care it should last more than few years.

Tip: Dont wash car at regular car wash or at workshop after service.
in last 88k km i have washed it only 3 times at local car wash.

Its usually washed by the driver at home.

FIY: just look at some cars done here in my city. Some are just was coated. https://www.facebook.com/realshinelatur/

Unedited pictures taken by phone. just added watermarks only.

Last edited by jeepster : 19th May 2017 at 11:53.
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 10:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

Few from our bike club have got CeramicPro done for the bikes. The bikes stay more cleaner after a ride and of course the 'shine' is better. The added advantage for bikes is that the rubber, cable ,chrome etc too is covered and hence useful; especially if you ride a lot in rain.

A video for now that I got via whatsapp. Will upload better one in few days.

Florence Car Care, 93887 19975.

Last edited by jkdas : 9th June 2017 at 10:46.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 16:09   #115
BHPian

I visited my friend recently who runs Carz spa franchise in ahmedabad. He had shown me lots of his work on ceramic coating. He uses Clear FX, made in USA. We had a long discussion on how much it is worth to go for such an expensive coat. Based on our discussion and reading of all the 8 pages on this thread, i can sum-up following:

1) Such a hard coating does exist. Apart from natural, synthetic waxes and collinite 845 which makes a layer on top of paint surface rather than reacting with paint and making a solid hard film to protect the paint.

2) I saw the used bottle of this ceramic coating. I could see the oxidized liquid leaked near the cap of bottle. It has hardened to a level which will required real hammering to break. Meaning the hardness of this layer is true to some extent if not full 9H.

3) DIY guys like me, would always want to apply by themselves. Go ahead if your car is completely new and scratch & swirlmark less. Simply use the ironX to take out all the oils from the surface before applying any ceramic coating.

The cars older than 4 months may require some paint correction (compounding and polishing) before applying this coating. Thats where we have to pay once to this demanding detailers. We would need the tools and tackles to perform the pre-treatment and prepare the surface for such coat, which is not really practical to procure.

4) Will i go for it? YES, i would give it a chance but only for price below 20K and thats including alloys, front and rear windshield and interior cleaning.

5) There are lots of brands which offer the ceramic coating. The answer to Which one is the best, will still need further research and user opinions.

6) The color of your car matters. Have you ever seen such a demo video on a white car? never or hardly right, thats because lighter color couldnt really show the effect. This is where the color of the car plays role. If you have a white color car, think really hard before going for such expense, remember, one of the reasons you bought a white since its easier to maintain.

On the contrary, if you have a darker shade, i would say you must go for it at some point of time, when that darker color looks faded and feels tough to maintain anymore.

7) No of years: well, it totally depends on how you maintain your car periodically. If you continue to get your car washed with car-wash guy of society, trust me there is no coating in the world which they cant beat. The longetivity of such a coating depends on how we maintain it. Wash the car as minimum as possible, but always when it really needs to.
Mission_PGPX is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:23   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

I checked up with T&R Auto, who are the authorized dealers of Ceramic Pro here in Delhi. Their top of the line Platinum pack for Tata Hexa is insanely expensive. I have been quoted 85k, and they will be needing the car for 3 days.
Old 17th July 2017, 22:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Their top of the line Platinum pack for Tata Hexa is insanely expensive. I have been quoted 85k, and they will be needing the car for 3 days.

85K is too much for paint protection .. you can repaint whole car (even Hexa) in 50K.
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 23:10   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Ceramic Pro, when I last looked a few years ago, was rated by posters on US finishing sites as overpriced and nothing special.

But don't take my word on that: at best it is dated.

Does anyone have a comparison of prices for same/similar-size vehicle over several brands of these treatments?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 17th July 2017 at 23:11.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:31   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post

85K is too much for paint protection .. you can repaint whole car (even Hexa) in 50K.

Just for comparison.

They charge 6k per coat for bikes. There will be slight change is price as you add on the number of coats. Have seen bikes with coats here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th July 2017 at 12:28. Reason: quote > coat
Old 18th July 2017, 17:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There will be slight change is price as you add on the number of coats. Have seen bikes with coats here.
The main purpose of paint is to protect sheetmetal of the vehicle.

So paint protection which protects it against swirl marks & other minor scratches should cost less than paint itself IMO.

& The x number of coats is just a theory... for multiplication index of price.

Last edited by jeepster : 18th July 2017 at 17:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks