Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 12:15   #31
BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Special thanks to BHPian Jaunthead for giving his stock 1.6 S-Cross to do some logging

During our S-Cross meet yesterday, I got a chance to compare in gear acceleration of stock vs remap.
Naah.. he just drove my car real slow .

Apart from the numbers, I felt the following-
Engine starts to pull quickly even when dropping to just below 1500rpm. And keeps on pulling at the upper end.
Engine note is quite different due to free revving nature. Kick is more evident.
Braking was phenomenal.

A note about the low end- I felt my stock does as well as @Dr.Naren's engine around 1500rpm. My car pulls as well as the remapped engine. Different stock map in newer cars. More Linear. But top end in his car is in a different league.
jaunthead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 12:21   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
A note about the low end- I felt my stock does as well as @Dr.Naren's engine around 1500rpm. My car pulls as well as the remapped engine. Different stock map in newer cars. More Linear. But top end in his car is in a different league.
I got to drive 3 cars yesterday : 2015, 2016 and 2017 make

2015 cars have more lag and aggressive turbo kick. But the newer cars have lesser lag and linear power delivery. Braking is awesome, thanks to new MC5!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 23:37   #33
BHPian

Hey Doc, Thanks for the quick run on your car last Friday.

Man, your beast has some POWER! The way it pulls effortlessly from 1k till 4.5k rpm is surreal. I also felt that the engine note was more muted but sporty compared to the clatter in stock engine. I was pushed back into the seat as you accelerated each time and the lagless drive in the 1.6 is something that really impressed me.

All said, I am not considering a remap at this point of time as I am really happy the way my car performs in city or highways. However, if I even consider a remap, you will be the first person I will reach out to
Vigkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 01:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
All said, I am not considering a remap at this point of time as I am really happy the way my car performs in city or highways.
1.6 S-Cross is a brilliant car even in stock form. I always say : "Remap is not a need for this car, but a pure want"

Quote:
However, if I even consider a remap, you will be the first person I will reach out to
Sure, anytime
Old 28th June 2017, 12:00   #35
BHPian

Wolfed my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha
Life with 1.6 S Cross was always entertaining, though I felt few weaknesses all the time:
1. The not so great HID headlamp in Alpha. Bi-Xenon projector fog lamp resolved the issue to great extent, thanks again for the initiative by Dr Naren. We had few niggles in the execution though. Many S-Cross Alpha owners are following the same path by now!
2. The infamous turbo lag. This is something we discuss, cry about every now and then.
There were couple of feedback and I too observed that the 2016 and later models got slightly better bottom end response, but lag is there with both. This mystery continues, as we were unable to figure out any hardware or apparent software changes between the 2015 and 2016 supply.
I had a plan to remap at later stage say after 40k - 50k run, when the urge of more power or an upgrade itch comes in, all those plan got changed in a day when Dr Naren updated over the weekend about Wolf remap that is addressing the bottom end lag, and an 1.6 S Cross owner confirmed after remapping his 1.6. This news was enough to jump into (odo at 29k), in addition to the review on the mid end and top end performance improvement.
So all set for the remap on 26th of June, as Wolf team in Bangalore for few days.
Straight into remap short story, we had a small chat after reaching the place by evening where Wolf team stationed and away went for the remap and in less than 2 hours MCU was back in place. Time for test drive, 4 of us: team bhpian Sudeep, team bhpian Juntahead, one Punto owner Pradeep and self, while one more S Cross 1.3 owner Sandeep’s car was getting remapped in series.
Idle - no difference, as remap has not touched it.
Start off with gentle throttle - Smooth and linear from 1000 rpm! I thought is placebo, started moving through silk board traffic, a world of difference in bottom end. we tried crawling from 1.1krpm on wards in 3rd gear no hesitation, clean linear sweep to 2k rpm. We did this multiple time to make sure ourselves, yes, it is! Now my co passengers are also convinced with a grin. Objective #1 achieved with flying colours!
The sudden rush when turbo kicks in is bit linear now, owing to the gain in bottom end. In order to test the mid-range, we went for couple of in gear acceleration figures in later (40-80 in 3rd gear, 80-120 in 4th and 5th), it’s all around 25% to 30% improvement over stock figures – stop watch for compare. We haven’t tried any top end testing, I assume there must be equally good improvement, but S-Cross is already having decent top end so that was not a worry at all.
Rajiv of Wolf advised to do couple of WOT and see if it smokes, for further optimization. This is yet to happen. So far I haven't observed any smoke with the limited drives, but keeping an eye on it.
Thanks for Dr Naren for the initiative and he was getting the live update during the remap exercise! By the time of this post, many S-Cross' are already remapped by Wolf In Bangalore over the last three days. Congrats all of them and welcome to the family.
To summarize, DDIS 320 engine is faultless now. Bottom end lag is history for us!

My colleague got his Figo first gen remapped yesterday, and his objective too met
lovetorque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 12:17   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to know that all of your objectives have been met with Wolf moto remap

Rajiv is one gem of a person and listens to customers. Since I have some knowledge about tuning.. We discussed a lot about 1.6 S-Cross maps over last few weeks. We had only one main objective : Reduce the lag and improve the low end as much as possible. Rajiv came with a solution few days back and wanted to flash the new map in my car. Theoretically the maps were very strong to take care of low end. To my bad luck, I don't have my 1.6 with me . But, another BHPian in Kochi wanted to get remapped from Wolf. Rajiv flashed the new map and he gave very good feedback about low end. Mission Accomplished!!

I badly want to try this new map in my car soon. Rajiv has promised me slightly more powerful map as I am running with decat downpipe .

P. S : Wolf Moto has remapped seven 1.6 S-Cross and two 1.3 S-Cross till date.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th June 2017 at 19:12. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 14:09   #37
BHPian

From a normal, fat and a reasonably quick Panda to The Dragon Warrior. Thanks to the WOLF.

When I bought the car back in 2016, I knew I had to make this S-Cross a better looking and much faster car. Made a few cosmetic changes according to my taste. Now, making it quicker was the only criteria left. So I silently began to follow Dr. Naren and his experiments on the car. And boy, he has made his car a monster.
Recently, I read his take on the Wolf Moto remap and I was impressed. But then, I skipped my remap plans due to lack of Vitamin M. I'm still a student and all my savings were being spent on the car.

It was then I found that a S-Cross 1.6 owner had his car done up by Wolf and he was based in the same city as I am. I immediately texted him and we decided to meet up. He was more than happy to show what his car had become. I test drove the car and I was awestruck. It was altogether a different beast. My stock car wasn't even able to catch up with the tuned one.

After a few sleepless nights and talking to Dr.Naren, I decided to remap. Managed to collect enough money for the remap. I called Rajiv and we decided to meet the next day. He also mentioned that he had an updated map for better low end. Now, there was no stopping me! We decided to meet at night as he had some work and the test runs could be done better as traffic would be minimum during that time. I met Adarsh (He's also a part of Wolf Moto) at around 7 PM and he said they needed a few hours to try out the map and I was given a loaner car. Adarsh's Wolf tuned 1.3 Swift, which had done almost 90k kms! I was blown away by the pick up and mid range in the Swift. The kick is so addictive! It could maybe easily keep up with a stock 1.6.

I was told that I'd get the car only after 12, maybe at around 1 or 2 in the night, since it was a new map and my car was the first one to get it. They needed to test it out properly. So I went back home and decided to take a quick nap before the test runs. At around, 11 they called and said the car was ready! I wasn't mentally prepared for it. I picked up a friend on the way and I met them (Rajiv and Adarsh) on the high-way. Took the car for a spin, but I was disappointed. I got used to the tuned Swift and was expecting something even better. Mid range had improved and I found the rest similar to stock. The other tuned 1.6 felt much faster. I told Rajiv the same and he insisted me on driving the car with the current setup for a week. Confused, I drove back home and did a few runs with a WOT, on the way. The feel was absent.

The next day, I took the car for a spirited drive and boy o boy, it was different then. The ECU just had to adapt to the new map. And by the next day, it had! Low end had improved noticeably and the mid packed more punch and power. I was doing triple digits in no time. Massive torque steer! Excitement overload Even the friend who accompanied me the night I got the car tuned, was speechless.

Observations :

Low End : There's super difference in the low end now. The car pulls cleanly from about 1100 RPM and the famous turbo lag, thanks to the big turbo, is almost absent. The RPM climbs effortlessly even in the 6th gear and no downshift is required, if ever you have to overtake or gain higher speeds. Slot into 6th on the highway and cruise. It's almost like driving an automatic.

Mid Range : Huge difference. The punch lasts till about 4500 RPM. If driving with a heavy foot, one needs to hold the steering with both the hands in order to keep it steady (And couples, in this scenario, holding hands while driving a tuned 1.6 is strictly not advisable )

Top End : The punch in the stock map decreases at around 3000 RPM. Where as now, it packs power till 4500.

My Experience With Wolf Moto :

Absolutely happy with their service and quality of work till date. Rajiv and his associates are very down to earth and friendly. I was delivered the car much before the promised time and was given a loaner car to use. I haven't seen any other tuner going out of the way so much for their customers. All this for 25 grand is absolutely a steal. And free updates/changes in the map post that. Need I say more?

Sincere thanks to Dr. Naren, Sheikh Ershad, Rajiv and his team for making my car what it is now

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-dcsx6260.jpeg
The night I decided to remap. Two of the many Wolf Moto tuned 1.6 S-Cross.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_8595.jpg
" I'm THE big, fat panda! "

Cheers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2017 at 09:41. Reason: Please limit yourself to no more than 2 smilies in a post.
grease.monkey is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 15:03   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Very good write up Rahul!!

Remember I called you at midnight post remap? I was very confused after you said not very excited. I thought it was your 225 width tyres. Anyways, after 2 days.. You gave a detailed feedback and could see all the excitement.

I too have good improvement in low end post remap and downpipe. But, the updated maps flashed on last three 1.6 S-Cross are having better low end than mine.

Enjoy your Wolfed Panda
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 15:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Very good write up Rahul!!

Remember I called you at midnight post remap? I was very confused after you said not very excited. I thought it was your 225 width tyres. Anyways, after 2 days.. You gave a detailed feedback and could see all the excitement.

I too have good improvement in low end post remap and downpipe. But, the updated maps flashed on last three 1.6 S-Cross are having better low end than mine.

Enjoy your Wolfed Panda
The wide rubber and the weight of the 17 inch rims have indeed slowed the car down. In spite of this, the car performs really well. I need to do check the 0-100 timings. Should be around 9, hopefully.

Your car would be mental with the updated map and the down pipe. You should have a dashboard decal saying " This vehicle is heavily tuned. Passengers with a nervous disposition are advised to buckle up, shut up and hold the *beep* on! "
grease.monkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 16:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
Wolfed my S-Cross 1.6 Alpha

To summarize, DDIS 320 engine is faultless now. Bottom end lag is history for us!
I was in the back seat after the ecu was plonked back into the car. @lovetorque did start feeling the difference almost immediately with 4 blokes and ac running. He even started from a traffic stop and the car picked up without drama only to realize later he had done it unknowingly in the second gear.
As for me, I was interested in the low end performance and smoke. Couldn't believe it was pulling from 1100rpm in 3rd(even on an incline- ecity flyover) until I saw the rpm needle. Kept checking the exhaust for smoke and there wasn't any to alarm us. Only during hard accelaration it would puff a bit and then nada. I asked lovetorque couple of times if he felt any lugging and he confirmed he did not. In my stock 2017 1.6 I feel the lugging in third when its about to enter 1500rpm mark. Thoroughly impressed by low end.

Seems like wolf moto along with inputs from Dr.Naren has done a terrific job with the 1.6 map. Next up- switchable maps, I am sure you guys can do it.
Hopefully I can TD the remapped 1.6 before taking the plunge myself.
Congratulations to all who got wolfed!

Last edited by jaunthead : 28th June 2017 at 16:35.
jaunthead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 18:57   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Couldn't believe it was pulling from 1100rpm in 3rd(even on an incline- ecity flyover) until I saw the rpm needle.
Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds really sweet for 1.6 S-Cross owners .

Quote:
Seems like wolf moto along with inputs from Dr.Naren has done a terrific job with the 1.6 map.
But, I never expected this new map to work out so well. I need to try this myself. Time to hijack the 1.6 from dad, haha.

Quote:
Next up- switchable maps, I am sure you guys can do it
Rajiv has taken this as a challenge, but he clearly said no promises. The switch should be done for 1.3 S-Cross very soon
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 21:23   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to see quite a few satisfied customers for Wolf remap, for the S-Cross. What's the power / torque bump for the 1.3? And with the remap, what's the better top speed the 1.3 is able to do?

I may have missed, how much is the cost for the remap?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 21:33   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice to see quite a few satisfied customers for Wolf remap, for the S-Cross.
All the 9 remapped cars by Wolf are in our S-Cross Group. Everybody has given positive reviews and I am really happy for recommending Wolf Moto remap to all these guys

Quote:
What's the power / torque bump for the 1.3? And with the remap, what's the better top speed the 1.3 is able to do?
Expect around 110-115hp / 245-250 NM post remap for 1.3 S-Cross. There should not be any difference in top speed. Rajiv doesn't increase fuelling at very top end to keep EGT in check. But my 1.6 has done 20 KMPH more than stock top speed Since I have a downpipe.. We went little aggressive at top end too.

Quote:
I may have missed, how much is the cost for the remap?
It's 25K for both 1.3 & 1.6 S-Cross.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 13:50   #44
BHPian

Do we have someone with a first-hand experience using Wolf remap on 1.3?

I called up these guys and was informed that they plan to visit Pune after a couple of months.
Old 30th June 2017, 21:04   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Expect around 110-115hp / 245-250 NM post remap for 1.3 S-Cross. There should not be any difference in top speed. Rajiv doesn't increase fuelling at very top end to keep EGT in check. But my 1.6 has done 20 KMPH more than stock top speed
What's a down pipe & how does it help to increase the top speed. How much is it costing?

Most Viewed