Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 22:08   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
What's a down pipe & how does it help to increase the top speed. How much is it costing?
Please check this thread for more details about decat downpipe mod in my S-Cross :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lackworks.html

Decat downpipe removes the restriction post turbo. It helps in faster spooling of turbo and also engine is more free revving. There is good difference in top end too. Wolf Moto gave me a good map to supplement the downpipe mod
Old 6th July 2017, 17:50   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to drive the car for around 300 KM. I had done 2 full tanks with Shell V Power diesel and the performance had improved. I did a full tank with regular HP diesel and the performance was similar. I think the additives in V Power helped in removing the carbon deposits. I did 80-120 GPS logging on the usual stretch in Mysore. Results were consistent : It's 5 seconds now

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20170706_174532.jpg

The car is a different animal in Mangalore (Sea level). Turbo kick is very very strong at sea-level. I wish there was a sea in Mysore and Bangalore
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:09   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I did few 0-100 runs today and used GPS Acceleration app. I am shocked and very happy with the numbers. The results were consistent .

Also I was able to launch the car perfectly with minimal wheel spin. I shifted early this time, say just below 4000 RPM.

Specs :
Wolf Moto remap
Blackworks Decat downpipe
Throttle body plate delete
Continental MC5 tyres

And the results

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img20170710wa0035.jpg
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img20170710wa0036.jpg

I believe the car would be around 0.5 seconds slower on V Box. I will do it with V box soon.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I believe the car would be around 0.5 seconds slower on V Box. I will do it with V box soon.
If car goes slower with the V-box on, then don't keep it inside the car.

8.2 sec to ton is pretty rapid, as fast as some expensive Germans.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 17:27   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

Quote:
I expect it would be early 8 sec on V Box. Yes, I had some fun with Octavia 2.0 TDI yesterday night
Old 23rd July 2017, 13:26   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

I was very excited when I got that 7.5 seconds timing. But, I have noticed that I get this timing only on one particular stretch . It is 8.3 to 8.5 on other stretches (Almost flat and straight road).

I am getting a new map next week (say more low end and more powerful too). I will try to do V box run after that to get clear picture.
Old 28th July 2017, 10:09   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

2 Nights / Multiple remaps / 500 KM + testing : Dream come true

Rajiv had come up with new map for S-Cross 1.6. The map had very good low end. I had not got the new map flashed and finally got the chance to get it done. Also I wanted to try few more maps and finalise on something.

I met Wolf team in Bangalore. We wanted to test few more maps in my car. My car is running with downpipe, minor intake mod and TB plate delete. There was good potential to go little higher "safely". We all know about Bangalore traffic and decided to do all the testing at night.

Tuned file 1 :

This file was almost similar to the new updated Wolf map. All other Wolfed S-Cross were running with this map which has much better low end. I tested this map and as expected the low end was much better. Everything else were same as my previous map. I wanted to go little higher and Rajiv warned me saying it would be not very safe. Finally, he agreed and started working on the next file haha.

Tuned file 2 :

This map was slightly better than the previous one. I liked it. Rajiv had tweaked few right maps to make the tune in a correct manner. I was wondering how my stock map would be. I had driven hardly 4000 KM in stock map. I wanted to test my car with stock map. I wanted to see the downpipe and TB plate delete effects in stock car.

Stock File:

Rajiv flashed the stock file and we drove around 30 km. From what I remember based on my bone stock S-Cross 1.6 : There was better low end and also the engine was little more free revving. Thanks to Blackworks Downpipe!!

Tuned file 3 : Well, not really a tuned file haha

I was discussing about tweaking few maps with Rajiv. We wanted to try one particular change and keep everything else stock. This was done only for testing. The car would make hardly 5 percent more power than stock. The same was done and flashed. I could not appreciate much difference compared to stock. It was 5 AM (We started the remap session at sharp 12 lol). We were very exhausted and I decided to drive in this map which was marginally better than stock for a day. Oh boy, this was like a punishment.

I had met BHPian lovetorque that day. My car was as good as stock. We wanted to compare the cars and also check on smoke levels. My car was not smoking at all even under WOT. The remapped car was smoking little only at WOT. We both exchanged cars and drove. His car had very punchy low end and revved easily. Stock was VANILLA .

We did rolling start from 10 kmph and the remapped car was miles ahead.

Ready
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-screenshot_20170727194423016_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Remapped S-Cross shoots ahead
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-screenshot_20170727194436999_com.miui.videoplayer.png

And now disappears!!
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-screenshot_20170727194501849_com.miui.videoplayer.png

Enough is enough!! I couldn't drive in this marginally better stock map anymore. I called up Rajiv and he agreed to do one final round of testing on the same night. He had already given up on convincing me that it would be not safe haha.

Tuned file 4 :

Rajiv made some tweaks and improved the previous map. It was supposed to have good improvement across the revv band. But we were concerned about excessive smoke. The map was flashed and I loved the map so much that I ended up driving till Kolar. We did not notice any excessive smoke and decided to finalise this map. We were very tired and took a break at CCD Kolar highway. As usual the discussion was purely technical and only about tweaking maps. I got the itch to go little more higher and asked Rajiv about it. He was like Whaaat, not again..Nooooooooo!!! By the time he finished his Cappuccino, I convinced him .

Tuned file 5 :

The previous map was perfect and it was really not required to go higher. But, I just wanted to give it a try. We did not go very high in this tune. Rajiv made minor tweaks. He repeated more than 1000 times not to do WOT for long duration in higher gears. EGT will go very high and the turbo would go kaput. I assured him that I will take care of all that. The final tune was flashed.

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img20170728wa0004.jpg

I asked Rajiv to stand on the road and take a video. Also we wanted to check smoke levels. Rajiv was surprised to see not much smoke. It was literally not there. I watched the video and couldn't find any smoke.

It was 4 30 AM and I decided to test this map on my own. Rajiv sealed the ECU and put everything back. I drove straight to Mysore with this new tune (~150 KM)

Low end :
Massive difference. I have seen couple of posts on S-Cross thread regarding the turbo lag. Please drive my car and comment on the lag lol.

Mid range :
Point and Shoot. Loads of torque!! This is so much fun.

Top end :
The car pulled cleanly till 5000 RPM in 3 Rd gear. There is good juice even above 4000 RPM.

What next??
I want to install EGT guage and monitor the readings. This will be very helpful and can be used for fine tuning. After December I am planning to install bigger OE turbo and 2.0 MJD intercooler.

Cheers!!!
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:33   #53
BHPian

Oh my! Congrats on the new map Naren. This is the fastest S-Cross in the country, I guess. On the planet too, maybe?

Kudos to Rajeev. I've never met such a dedicated tuner, period! I don't know how you managed to convince him to give you the current map you're running. What's your secret, doc?

Eagerly waiting for the new 0-100 and dyno figures. This is indeed The Wolf in Sheep's clothing! The irony

PS : Do upgrade the brakes too.
grease.monkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:53   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease.monkey View Post
This is the fastest S-Cross in the country, I guess.
Haha!! What I am running now is the fastest map out of everything I have tried

Quote:
Kudos to Rajeev. I've never met such a dedicated tuner, period!
True that. He even encouraged my enthusiasm to spend so much time and test many maps in my car. He was busy doing other cars in morning and full night he was working on my car for 2 days.

Quote:
I don't know how you managed to convince him to give you the current map you're running. What's your secret, doc?
Rajiv doesn't like to experiment on customer cars. We do not even know what is the EGT. No stock EGT sensor in S-Cross. He was very honest about it and told me the risk factors involved. But the end results were just awesome. Also I know very well that Rajiv won't just increase the values or change the maps randomly.

Do you know what are all stock in my car??

1. Stock Rail pressure
2. Stock Injector opening duration

And few more!!

All the tuning boxes and even most of the remap guys change the above 2 factors for more power because it's very easy. Rajiv knows what maps to touch and make power rightly.

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the new 0-100 and dyno figures. This is indeed The Wolf in Sheep's clothing! The irony
The peak figures won't have much difference if compared to my previous map. I am planning to do dyno session at Coimbatore. Tune O Tronics had told me that S-Cross 1.6 has rolling immobiliser codes and we can't flash any files directly. The fact is there is nothing like that. We can flash any number of tuned files directly and there is no need to take a read of ECU everytime. I am happy about this as it would save lot of time and I can try few maps on dyno.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th July 2017 at 13:09.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:06   #55
Sip
BHPian

Hi Naren congratulations on yet another remap! May be the most aggressive tune in India for 1.6 S-Cross. The love and enthusiasm to experiment is remarkable.

Also buddy may I take the liberty to advise you to tread with caution since the performance is enhanced way above stock standards, it's good to adhere to technical / material limitations of the car to withstand the increased stress. As Rajiv also advised you against venturing that further.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Also buddy may I take the liberty to advise you to tread with caution since the performance is enhanced way above stock standards, it's good to adhere to technical / material limitations of the car to withstand the increased stress. As Rajiv also advised you against venturing that further.
I do understand the risks involved. Also I am sure Rajiv would not have pushed the car much higher than factory set safety limits . I am not going higher than this for now.
Old 28th July 2017, 19:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do understand the risks involved. Also I am sure Rajiv would not have pushed the car much higher than factory set safety limits . I am not going higher than this for now.
Now that you are on the brink of the limits of stock internals, time to import mechanical bits to take it further then..? Like some of the Alfa cars that have higher power and torque numbers?
Old 28th July 2017, 19:26   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Now that you are on the brink of the limits of stock internals, time to import mechanical bits to take it further then..? Like some of the Alfa cars that have higher power and torque numbers?
1.6 JTDM 2 is present in many Fiat / Alfa Romeo cars. The max output is same in all the cars : 118 HP / 320 NM. Few tuners in Italy / Turkey have taken this engine upto 200 HP with bigger turbo, intercooler, intake and exhaust. I got in touch with few tuners in Italy and discussed the same. I wanted to finalise on parts and gather more information. The parts which I have shortlisted are all direct bolt on fit . I am planning to do all that after December (need to prepare for entrance exams at least from now )

Doing more research, We have figured out that the tall gear ratios in S-Cross is the main culprit. Changing the final drive ratio might do wonders : better acceleration and reduced top speed may be. Just wish Fiat / Suzuki had given a gearbox with shorter gear ratios.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 28th July 2017 at 19:28.
Old 30th July 2017, 02:26   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I have taken few acceleration videos. The car is doing better than my expectations .

0-100!!!

This can be improved with better launch (minimal wheel spin) and shifting little early.

20-80 in 2nd gear!!!

AC was on here and 2 guys in the car

40-120 in 3rd gear!!!

AC was on and 2 guys in car

The car is revving freely and there is good punch even till 5000 RPM. The stock car will cry after 3500 RPM if pushed
Old 2nd August 2017, 15:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I have taken few acceleration videos. The car is doing better than my expectations .

The car is revving freely and there is good punch even till 5000 RPM. The stock car will cry after 3500 RPM if pushed
Never knew a Suzuki product can be such a 7sec beast!
Congratulations on having such an envious car.

A couple of queries :-
1. Is Rajiv the same guy who runs Wolfmoto in Cochin?
2. Have any other internals been tinkered with for heat management resulting from an increase in performance?
3. Could you please let us know the Fuel economy once it is fully settled.
4. Would you consider lowering the car for better driving experience and handling?

BTW your Scross hogs all the discussions among Mumbai Bhpians when the topic of tuning comes along

Last edited by johannskaria : 2nd August 2017 at 15:52.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks