Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2018, 22:58   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hahaha!! I will post in detail in my ownership review thread. But, I won't disappoint you. I had got EBC Green Stuff. But it did not fit, have found out the right part and ordered it. EBC was kind enough to provide caliper pin grease
Where did you get those EBC pads from? I am interested in them for my car. Is there a cross reference for OEM pads?
Old 8th February 2018, 17:47   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Where did you get those EBC pads from? I am interested in them for my car. Is there a cross reference for OEM pads?
Check if EBC has brake pads for your car here.
https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/

There are few importers in India too. I got it from KS Motorsports, Mumbai.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 00:26   #123
BHPian

Hi Naren

Just right now I was searching for car tuners in Punjab and happened to find out that there is one authorized Quantum Tuners tuner in Jalandhar. Then I remembered that you had written about them in one of the threads (Car of a friend named Warun). Grateful if you can update me regarding your friend's experience and the kind of performance he has been able to achieve. I do not want an aggressive mod but just a little smack on the lip kind of stuff since my car is my daily driver. Also, will it be possible for you to inquire about wolf moto's presence in this part of the country?
Old 26th March 2018, 00:41   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Then I remembered that you had written about them in one of the threads (Car of a friend named Warun). Grateful if you can update me regarding your friend's experience and the kind of performance he has been able to achieve.
Yes, my friend Warun is using Quantum UK remap in S-Cross 1.6. Quantum maps are very decent and I know 2 more S-Cross 1.6 guys running with Quantum map. Normal stage 1 map from Quantum has got good feedback.

I personally know 30 S-Cross 1.6 owners who have remapped their cars.
25 : Wolf Moto
3 : Quantum UK
2 : Code 6

My personal favourite is Wolf Moto for S-Cross 1.6 . Main advantage with Wolf is better drivability and reduced turbo lag. Mid range is mental and top end has also got more juice.

Quote:
I do not want an aggressive mod but just a little smack on the lip kind of stuff since my car is my daily driver.
Wolf Moto has many iterations of maps for S-Cross 1.6. Talk about your requirements with Rajiv, he will do the needful.

Quote:
Also, will it be possible for you to inquire about wolf moto's presence in this part of the country?
I would suggest you to contact them directly. They do travel to major cities in India.
Old 26th March 2018, 00:50   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Normal stage 1 map from Quantum has got good feedback.

My personal favourite is Wolf Moto for S-Cross 1.6 . Main advantage with Wolf is better drivability and reduced turbo lag. Mid range is mental and top end has also got more juice.

I would suggest you to contact them directly. They do travel to major cities in India.
Thanks a lot for prompt response dear.
I will try to find out the level of service offered by the local Quantum's dealer (Present in my city of residence). While I understand that Wolf Moto is probably my best bet but considering the geographical distance pardon me for being wary of service back no matter how helpful the service provider is. Anyways can you please pm me Wolf Moto's contact info (I am not on Facebook), I will try and speak with them as well and find out if their offerings suit me.
Old 26th March 2018, 07:40   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways can you please pm me Wolf Moto's contact info (I am not on Facebook), I will try and speak with them as well and find out if their offerings suit me.
I should have added their contact details in my initial post itself. Thanks for asking.

Rajiv (Tuner) : 8075590970
Sreekanth (Team member) : 9961747580
Adarsh (Team member) : 9995008977
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 16:14   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I should have added their contact details in my initial post itself. Thanks for asking.

Rajiv (Tuner) : 8075590970
Sreekanth (Team member) : 9961747580
Adarsh (Team member) : 9995008977
Thanks for the response Naren. I have contacted Rajiv and he has advised that they have plans to visit Punjab but would be able to provide firm plans only in second week of April'18.
So the waiting game begins now
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 23:57   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response Naren. I have contacted Rajiv and he has advised that they have plans to visit Punjab.
Good to hear that . Wolf Moto has many iterations of maps for S-Cross 1.6. Do tell Rajiv about your requirements (low end, mid range etc), he will provide the same.

Quote:
So the wait begins now
The wait should be worth it .
Old 4th April 2018, 21:20   #129
BHPian

Hi Naren, any reliability issues/concern post remap? Also, any idea on the ease of availability of turbo of 1.6 MJD, considering its discontinued? I guess the remap has major affects on the life of turbo?

Also, did you modify/improve the long hard clutch of your s-cross?
Old 4th April 2018, 21:49   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hi Naren, any reliability issues/concern post remap?
I am running an aggressive map from Wolf Moto. No reliability issues till date. I know at least 25 more S-Cross 1.6 running on Wolf Moto Remap without any issues.

Quote:
Also, any idea on the ease of availability of turbo of 1.6 MJD, considering its discontinued?
Turbo costs around 52k from Maruti. It won't be readily available with dealers. They will place an order and source it.

Quote:
I guess the remap has major affects on the life of turbo?
EGT would be obviously more than stock map. This should affect the turbo. Thankfully S-Cross has very good imported Garrett turbo. This same turbo was used even in 140 HP 2.0 MJD cars. Pretty strong turbo it is. Anyways I follow this rule strictly : Do not do full throttle in higher gears for very long duration. This helps to keep the EGT in check.

Quote:
Also, did you modify/improve the long hard clutch of your s-cross?
My car is 2016 make. The clutch is much more lighter than 2015 models.
Old 10th April 2018, 21:47   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

1 year / 20k KM done with Wolf Moto Remap

I got remap from Wolf Moto on April 10 2017. It has been exact 1 year today. I am very happy with the support from Wolf Moto. I have lost the count of number of maps I have tried from Rajiv. Rajiv was very helpful and listens to customers. I had learnt few things about ECU remaps and he did listen to my ideas at times.

More than 30 S-Cross 1.6 in our group are running with remap from Wolf. All have only good things to say. I would say Wolf has mastered S-Cross 1.6 maps. Be it low end, drivability or top end power.. Perfect it is!

I wanted to try one more map from Rajiv, when the team was in Bangalore. But many S-Cross 1.6 were already there haha, I couldn't get chance to test this time. I would usually spend one full night testing maps with Rajiv on Bangalore roads. Anyways next update would be Stage 3 map and bigger turbo. I do not know when it would happen. There is not much free time now. I really want to drive my S-Cross with 190-200 HP.

Late night, somewhere in Bangalore : This turned out to be a Mini S-Cross 1.6 Meet!
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180407_103436.jpg
All cars in the pic remapped

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th April 2018 at 21:51.
Dr.Naren is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2018, 11:14   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to test the car under full load at Agumbe. The performance was better than my expectations. It was just effortless. I don't even remember shifting to 1st gear. FE was also very good at 15 kmpl.

This is the stretch
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-img_20180420_110850.jpg
Be it bumper to bumper driving in city, cruising or speeding on highways, climbing ghats.. Wolf Remap has totally transformed the car .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 00:27   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd April 2018 at 09:08. Reason: See note in post.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 14:54   #134
BHPian

Quote:

I am planning to do hardware mods next. 1.6 JTDM 2 engine is used in many Alfa and Fiat cars abroad. Guys in Europe have taken the car till 190-200 HP with a bigger turbo, 2.0 MJD intercooler, intake mod and stage 2 remap. I already have a decat downpipe and stage 1 Wolf remap. I am doing some research to check the bigger turbo compatibility.
Naren,

I had first gen Hyundai Verna 1.5L few years back - now sold. Then I did a bit of experimenting with the VNT Garrett turbo by machining the compressor housing to accommodate a bigger billet compressor wheel replacing the stock cast wheel. The issue is heavier the moving parts in the turbo your low-end to mid will get affected due to boost lag considering the narrow range of diesel rpm range i.e.; laggard in the city. However you will have higher boost on high-end which you can exploit on highways.

Also tried decatting which increased fuel efficiency in highway cycles but reduced considerably during city cycles.

Left stock cast vs. Right aftermarket billet compressor wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-turbofan1a.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto-turbofan2a.jpg  

Last edited by eapen : 19th May 2018 at 15:00.
eapen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2018, 15:30   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapen View Post
The issue is heavier the moving parts in the turbo your low-end to mid will get affected due to boost lag considering the narrow range of diesel rpm range i.e.; laggard in the city. However you will have higher boost on high-end which you can exploit on highways.
Very True!

I am expecting reduced low end with bigger turbo. Stock S-Cross 1.6 has poor low end which has improved a lot after Wolf remap. Hope it would be as good as stock 1.6 after putting bigger turbo.

The bigger turbo plan got delayed, I was under the assumption that Jeep Compass 2.0 MJD turbo would be easy fit. But, now I have confirmed that Compass uses latest generation Garrett turbo (GTD series with electric actuator). This is not compatible for my car, stock turbo is GTB series. I have to import OE turbo of old 2.0 MJD from Europe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks