Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 16:32   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Stage 3 Build: 202 HP / 438 Nm, tuned by Wolf Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Never knew a Suzuki product can be such a 7sec beast!
It's around 7.x on speedo. I am sure it would be around 1 second slower when timed on V Box.

Quote:
Congratulations on having such an envious car.
Thanks!!

I was happy when my Wolfed S-Cross was unique. Now more than 10 S-Cross have been remapped by Wolf .

Quote:
1. Is Rajiv the same guy who runs Wolfmoto in Cochin?
2. Have any other internals been tinkered with for heat management resulting from an increase in performance?
3. Could you please let us know the Fuel economy once it is fully settled.
4. Would you consider lowering the car for better driving experience and handling?
1. Yes, Rajiv is the tuner of Wolf Moto

2. I am running only with decat downpipe and minor intake mod to suck in cooler air. I am planning to get a bigger turbo and intercooler after few months. Also the present tune for my S-Cross is very aggressive. Rajiv wouldn't give such tunes normally, but I assured him that I will take care of the car and understand the risk factors.

3. FE is very sensitive to your right foot haha. I can get 10 kmpl and even 24 kmpl on same stretch of road. When driven normally, I have noticed marginal improvement. There is no drop for sure.

4. I am still thinking about it. Very hard to find after market stuff for S-Cross.

Quote:
BTW your Scross hogs all the discussions among Mumbai Bhpians when the topic of tuning comes along
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:44   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajiv had warned me that the present tune is very aggressive and turbo would take the first hit. I faced some issues. The car used to lose power whenever I up shift. This is not complete loss of power, say it takes a second or two and then the turbo kicks in. I got worried that the turbo is showing signs and symptoms of going kaput .

Aggressive tune = High EGT = VGT at high risk!!

I think the turbo vanes were sticking up due to carbon deposits. I did some research on various forums. One post was interesting and it mentioned to do WOT runs with load. I did the same and everything is back to normal .

Lesson learnt : Don't push your tuner to go higher, haha!!

I am planning to slightly detune from present map and go higher only after I install EGT gauge

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd August 2017 at 10:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 11:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Rajiv had warned me that the present tune is very aggressive and turbo would take the first hit. I faced some issues. The car used to lose power whenever I up shift. This is not complete loss of power, say it takes a second or two and then the turbo kicks in. I got worried that the turbo is showing signs and symptoms of going kaput .

Aggressive tune = High EGT = VGT at high risk!!

I think the turbo vanes were sticking up due to carbon deposits. I did some research on various forums. One post was interesting and it mentioned to do WOT runs with load. I did the same and everything is back to normal .

Lesson learnt : Don't push your tuner to go higher, haha!!

I am planning to slightly detune from present map and go higher only after I install EGT gauge
That's a serious risk in extremely aggressive remap. Considering the fact that the turbo is a fully imported unit which is going to give a big hole in pocket for replacement, I would advice to go for a safe remap suggested by tuner that's perfectly in safe limit, as long as you cant limit your driving style

Last edited by lovetorque : 3rd August 2017 at 11:59. Reason: spell
lovetorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:05   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
That's a serious risk in extremely aggressive remap. Considering the fact that the turbo is a fully imported unit which is going to give a big hole in pocket for replacement, I would advice to go for a safe remap suggested by tuner that's perfectly in safe limit, as long as you cant limit your driving style
Haha I agree. But my stock turbo days are numbered . I am planning to get uprated turbo soon and just wanted to see how much more power the stock turbo would handle
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
All depends on EGT. Max EGT occurs only when you have a wide open throttle for a long period of time. The best idea is to lift the foot off the accelerator for a while and press it again. WOT for such a long period is possible only on expressways in the top gears where the EGT will exceed the safe limit of the turbo.
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:36   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
All depends on EGT. Max EGT occurs only when you have a wide open throttle for a long period of time. The best idea is to lift the foot off the accelerator for a while and press it again. WOT for such a long period is possible only on expressways in the top gears where the EGT will exceed the safe limit of the turbo.
True that. Exactly what Rajiv told me. I have decided not to do WOT in 5 th and 6 th gear for long time. As I said this is an aggressive map with more fueling even at top end. That is the reason why my car revvs cleanly till 5000 RPM
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True that. Exactly what Rajiv told me. I have decided not to do WOT in 5 th and 6 th gear for long time. As I said this is an aggressive map with more fueling even at top end. That is the reason why my car revvs cleanly till 5000 RPM
Make sure you change your oil at less intervals, dont stretch to factory limits.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:42   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Make sure you change your oil at less intervals, dont stretch to factory limits.
The factory oil change interval is 10K km / 1 year. Also it is 0W30 mineral oil . I am planning to use Mobil 1 ESP formula 5W30 fully synthetic oil. I will change it every 7500 km
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:18   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The factory oil change interval is 10K km / 1 year. Also it is 0W30 mineral oil . I am planning to use Mobil 1 ESP formula 5W30 fully synthetic oil. I will change it every 7500 km
Also Naren, with all your WOT runs, the oil would have gone through extreme conditions.
Probably you can get an oil test done and understand the oil condition before and after the change.

Refer this link for oil test.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...sis-india.html
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2017, 14:21   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Also Naren, with all your WOT runs, the oil would have gone through extreme conditions.
Probably you can get an oil test done and understand the oil condition before and after the change.
I have run only 3000 KM after oil change. But we had done lot of testing : WOT and high speed runs. I am sure that the oil would have gone through extreme conditions.
Old 3rd August 2017, 19:18   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I want to install EGT gauge and monitor the readings. After December I am planning to install bigger OE turbo and 2.0 MJD intercooler.
Quick Question, The EGT gauge that you are inferring, will it be a separate sensor hardware that you plan to fit or will you connect a obd scanner and extract EG Temp values to your smartphone?

All along when you are doing all these mods, do you see any reduction to stick level due to the slightly off stock nature of run the engine is experiencing?

Last edited by sriramr9 : 3rd August 2017 at 19:25.
Old 3rd August 2017, 19:21   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Quick Question, The EGT gauge that you are inferring, will it be a separate sensor hardware that you plan to fit or will you connect a obd scanner and extract values to your smartphone?
I am planning to get EGT probe with digital display. Sankar has done the same in his Crysta. I need to check if I could place the EGT probe before turbo.

Quote:
All along when you are doing all these mods, what oil were you using? Do you see any reduction to stick level due to the slightly off stock nature of run the engine is experiencing?
I am using Maruti recommended 0W30 Petronas oil. There is no oil consumption. My car was remapped at 4000Km on ODO .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 15:59   #73

Quote:
I got to drive 3 cars yesterday : 2015, 2016 and 2017 make

2015 cars have more lag and aggressive turbo kick. But the newer cars have lesser lag and linear power delivery. Braking is awesome, thanks to new MC5!!
Thank you Dr Naren! I drive an S-cross 1.6 and planning to remap my car with Wolf. I am based out of Hyderabad and would like to talk to you about it.
Old 25th August 2017, 16:43   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodbenson View Post
Thank you Dr Naren! I drive an S-cross 1.6 and planning to remap my car with Wolf. I am based out of Hyderabad and would like to talk to you about it.
I can't PM you. You can ask any questions here on the thread itself . Also you can contact Wolf Moto on their FB page.

Cheers!!
Old 29th August 2017, 18:08   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Naren

Instead switch to mobil devlac 5w 40 or liqui moly synthetic .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks