Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2004, 15:05   #1
BANNED

Hey guys, Havn't been online for quiet some time now, had gone to my farm in Himachal. B4 going I had my car fitted with a free flow from Automech, installed in delhi by their dealer. Plenty of diff noted in the following areas -

a. Average in my run to Chd ( 240 kms ) b4 the exhaust was 9.5 kmpl. After it gave me a whopping 12.79 kmpl ( Mind Blowing ) . That too with a heavy foot.

b. In the hills, driving in 2nd and 3rd gear and revving real hard I kept getting a constant avg of 11.5-11.7 kmpl.

Not bad for a 100 Bhp machine, i wud have been happy with 10 kmpl. After getting back I got a K&N air filter put in and that has increased the pulling power of the car even more. Can't wait for my next trip 2 the hills ..

Now my next list of mods is as folllows and any suggestions or contacts where I can get the stuff from wud b highly appreciated :-

1) Looking to install a RPM meter with shift light.
2) Gauges ffor oil pressure, voltmeter and water temp with a warning light. To be installed on the dash.
3) A fibre glass scoop for extra lights on the bonnet. ( Rally car ishtyle )
4) Dummy Air scoop on the roof.( again rally car ishtyle )
5) Getting switches for the extra lights from IGNITED. They are like the ones in Fast and Furious, the ones with a cover, also used in aircrafts. ( will post pics if possible soon )
6) Mayb a flame thrower .. !!
7) also POLISHING OF THE HEAD .

Guys if u can help me with any of these items pls do so. Has anyone gotten any of these mods done yet ? PM me if u can assist in any way.

thanx
Old 12th August 2004, 15:25   #2
BANNED

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....CategoryID/212

Check this out for the switches. Let me know wat u think.???
Old 12th August 2004, 15:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]a. Average in my run to Chd ( 240 kms ) b4 the exhaust was 9.5 kmpl. After it gave me a whopping 12.79 kmpl ( Mind Blowing ) . That too with a heavy foot.

b. In the hills, driving in 2nd and 3rd gear and revving real hard I kept getting a constant avg of 11.5-11.7 kmpl.

Not bad for a 100 Bhp machine, i wud have been happy with 10 kmpl. After getting back I got a K&N air filter put in and that has increased the pulling power of the car even more. Can't wait for my next trip 2 the hills ..
Are you dead serious? Was this in the same driving style? If it is...thats absolutely phenomenal. I knew that free flows will help the engine exhale more efficiently, but this kind of an improvement is marvellous!

What about the power delivery? Low/Mid/Top end? And....hows the sound

GTO
Old 12th August 2004, 15:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 12 2004,14:20)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]a. Average in my run to Chd ( 240 kms ) b4 the exhaust was 9.5 kmpl. After it gave me a whopping 12.79 kmpl ( Mind Blowing ) . That too with a heavy foot.

Are you dead serious? Was this in the same driving style? If it is...thats absolutely phenomenal. I knew that free flows will help the engine exhale more efficiently, but this kind of an improvement is marvellous!

What about the power delivery? Low/Mid/Top end? And....hows the sound

GTO
very true even i was in that impression only.

2f2f
Old 12th August 2004, 16:13   #5
BANNED

GTO, I was shocked too when i topped up and calculated. DLI-CHD was done shifting right at the red line, in 5th cruised at about 130-140. Top end not too great but I didn't want top end as I'm not a high speed kind of driver. Low end and mid range is sexciting, if u know wat i mean !! Pulls like mad, at times it scares the sheeeet out of me ..:O ! City driving avg is still about 7.5-8 kmpl. Putting it into third is a task in itself when revving ... it flies !!

The sound on the other hand kicks in at about 4000 rpm and its not a roar, its very subtle ! Getting that changed to a roar some time next week.

So GTO, can u help me in sourcing any of the stuff listed in my post. wud b appreciated.
Old 12th August 2004, 16:45   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (khaadu75 @ Aug. 12 2004,14:43)]shifting right at the red line,

Top end not too great but I didn't want top end as I'm not a high speed kind of driver.
Hey Khaadu,

The results you have got sound amazing! you must be really happy!!

btw, when GTO asked how low/mid/top end power was he meant in relation to your engine speed and not groundspeed.

for example> roughly,
low end idle-2.5k RPM
mid 2.5-4.5k RPM
high 4.5-redline RPM

cheers
R
Old 12th August 2004, 20:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

yes fellas,

the FE improves with a free flow but only if u drive normally the way u do.

try and floor it hard, u will be alarmed at the way the fuel indicator needle comes down...

khaadu,
a friend of mine is getting a flame thrower installed in the next few days...will ask him and let u know abt it.

cheers

and happy revvin
Old 12th August 2004, 21:16   #8
Team-BHP Support

Also, another thing i was thinking about was the fact that the free-flow might make a more noticeable difference up in the hills with lower atmospheric pressure...

R
Old 12th August 2004, 22:24   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So GTO, can u help me in sourcing any of the stuff listed in my post. wud b appreciated.
Why dont you contact a Team-BHPian "S600BENZ". He has opened up a new store and seems to have a good inventory. I am certain he will ship your mods out to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]btw, when GTO asked how low/mid/top end power was he meant in relation to your engine speed and not groundspeed.
Spot on!!

GTO
Old 13th August 2004, 13:12   #10
BHPian

hey khaadu, where are you based? if you are in bangalore, pm me and i can arrange for most of the stuff. if you can afford it, go for the new C2 meters from autometer. they are COOL!
Old 13th August 2004, 15:04   #11
BANNED

No killjoy, I'm based in delhi . How much are those new meters by autometer for ?
Old 13th August 2004, 16:31   #12
BHPian

have posted the cost in the marketplace section, those are only indicative and dont be surprised if some dealer quotes the price a thousand bucks more or less.
Old 13th August 2004, 17:13   #13
Team-BHP Support

khaadu, since you are in delhi, take a look at the back of any auto mag and you'll see a bunch of ad's from meters to free flows. call em up to get an idea of the prices.
Old 16th August 2004, 00:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

khaddu,
wow that was reallly great.i hope now you understand why i am such a big fan of ajay mhapsekar of automech.isnt the exhaust note pure music.just get into any tunnel and u will never forget the experience
regarding the roar from your exhaust ,it takes some time for the exhaust note to change.going for a louder sound will cause problems from cops.
once i had heard the automech guy saing that maybe u cud add 50ml of oil in a full tank of petrol to change ur sound.but i did not do it so not sure.
i have removed my k&n for the rains ,and guess wat i am getting better kpl figures.
But why do u need a tacho ,as ur palio 1.6 already has one.regarding the polishing ,unless done properly it cud ruin ur engine,i have seen an accent getting screwed after being polished and on top of that he was getting 4kpl.he then started blaming me for recommending automech as he felt the free flow was the culprit.finally he sold his accent for a very low price.
maybe u cud get a vent on ur bonnet,or maybe a sunroof .
ur gtx also has fog lamps so why do u wanna go for one more.
njoy ur free flow .write more abt it.
drive safe,
satya

Most Viewed