Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2017, 11:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Smart Glass India - Film that becomes transparent / opaque at the touch of a button

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
It would be more economical to use the 3M's windshield film all around, if heat is the problem. These reduce the heat significantly, and can sneak under the nose of a cop too!
Is this 3M windshield film tinted to some extent? If not then how does it keep the heat out? If possible kindly upload a few pics of your car windows.
Old 21st May 2017, 15:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Smart Glass India - Film that becomes transparent / opaque at the touch of a button

Quote:
Originally Posted by atu2good View Post
Is this 3M windshield film tinted to some extent? If not then how does it keep the heat out? If possible kindly upload a few pics of your car windows.
This picture has the film installed on all the windows - except the front windshield. You can hardly tell the difference, so cops generally don't stop you for having a film installed.

Also, there is significant heat rejection, when compared to the front windshield, and hence I would certainly recommend this wholeheartedly!

Smart Glass India - Film that becomes transparent / opaque at the touch of a button-tb2.jpg
aravind.anand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 17:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Also, there is significant heat rejection, when compared to the front windshield, and hence I would certainly recommend this wholeheartedly!
Thanks!! With mercury rising by the day I'm going to definitely get this done.
Old 21st May 2017, 17:25   #34
BHPian

I am frustrated with the most stupid rule on sunfilm in a tropical country like india close to equator . I want to save my skin and privacy on my recent drive to spit valley this march , so a simple juggad i made is which i removed before entering any city or towns and put them back on highway when i want to relax on my full size bed . This had made my 6000kms drive a very comfortable one .
Attached Thumbnails
Smart Glass India - Film that becomes transparent / opaque at the touch of a button-img_2338.jpg  

drbones is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 19:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atu2good View Post
Thanks!! With mercury rising by the day I'm going to definitely get this done.
It would make a good difference, if I had installed the film for the front windshield too... On highways these days, that is where most of the heat enters the cabin, making the AC much less effective.

I did not opt for the front film, as my windshield had lots of scratches, and I had an idea to get it replaced, I regret not getting the film now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks