Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 19:23   #1
BHPian

WANTED: Oxygen sensor (Lambda probe) for OHC VTEC

Anyone who can get me an Oxygen sensor (O2 sensor / Lambda probe / Exhaust Gas Sensor), please PM me.

Current price quoted by Honda is unearthly,... 16K. I found appropriate ones on eBay motors UK/US for upto Rs. 5000 and was astonished.

But wanted to know if I can get something in lesser cost for now from a old car undergoing modifications / accident cars / any other means.

Please note: I've placed this request looking for a 2nd hand piece costing not more than Rs. 2000 ONLY, else I would choose the replacement ones from OEM like Denso and Bosch on eBay UK/US for Rs. 5000.

Thanks in advance to anyone who would help me.

Last edited by gbpscars : 6th November 2006 at 19:24.
Old 6th November 2006, 20:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, never considered this could be done outside of Honda svc stations - spent 16k myself a little over a year ago for the same. Just 5k ? I guess India's progress has probably convinced Honda of our spending power.
Old 6th November 2006, 21:01   #3
BHPian

Honda owners can either be those lucky rich ones or those poor ones driven by passion.

Me, being the 2nd type, and a bit of a DIY guy, got to those options.

Need to chek with the seller about the socket type and the wire configuration, else 5k goes down the drain.

Another option,... "Universal O2 sensors" in 2,3,4 wire configs,...for as low as Rs. 1500, but the work involves, matching all the fittings, sockets, the wire count, and soldering the right wires to the right places. R U game?
Old 6th November 2006, 21:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dude, PM FordRocam, he might know a fix.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:42   #5
BHPian

Hey Friends,
I am looking for an oxygen sensor for my Hyundai Accent 1.5
Currently, it has a malfunctioning 2 wire sensor. I am told that a universal 4 wire sensor can be fitted with the 2 heating wires connected to the ignition.
I am looking for a bosch sensor. Can anyone tell me how much would it cost?
More particularly, are all the oxygen sensors of the same fit and size, such that a universal sensor can do the job? or do i have to go in for something which is specifically made for a Hyundai Accent? Thanks! I plan to get this fixed by Saturday, hence please respond ASAP. Good samaritans can reach me at 9900239781 with advice!
Cheers!
Harsha
Old 7th July 2009, 14:30   #6

hey you can get an aftermarket one with the same four pin holder. should cost you around 3000 max,for i just got one fixed in my car bought it in chennai with a well know car parts delaer for 2800 and the brand is ntk.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks