Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2004, 02:35   #16
Team-BHP Support

Plus,

Isnt the new octi gonna be launched in a braket slightly higher than the old octi and they will both be sold side by side for some time? (When i asked Autobahn this they said yes....fyi...but then we know Rtechs opinion of them )

R
Old 13th July 2004, 02:37   #17
BHPian

Hi Rtech,

I agree with your rationality to a certain extent but then again the example of honda accord comes up to my head as they changed the accord within 2years of the org launch and on the other hand the octi is about 3years old already and the sales are nothing great right now and the dealers are giving discounts which are shocking compared to other car manufactures so I think they would want something SOLID to sustain themselves in a more better way.

Right now I have a palio 1.6gtx and a corsa which is modded in almost every way sensibly(but I'm sort of tired of her) I think I'm seriously rethink about what I should do about the new car will keep you guys updated, also I will upload the pictures of my corsa soon to see what I should expect while selling it.

Regards,
Satyam
Old 13th July 2004, 02:49   #18
BHPian

Hi rehaan,

Sorry dint see your post while I was replying back to rtech, well I think it would be HIGHLY unlikely that Skoda will sell 2 diff octis at the same time as it doesnt make any sense from the point of view of marketing and manufacturing and I'm sure we indians aint that big suckers to accept it also dealer told me that it would be mostly out by 2Q of 05.

Regards,
Satyam
Old 13th July 2004, 02:53   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (sbfx @ July 13 2004,01:07)]a corsa which is modded in almost every way sensibly(but I'm sort of tired of her)
Is it a maroonish red with some serious skirting? Please do post pics n list of mods in a new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I think it would be HIGHLY unlikely that Skoda will sell 2 diff octis at the same time as it doesnt make any sense from the point of view of marketing and manufacturing
True, i was just quoting the dealer there.

cya
R

Old 13th July 2004, 02:58   #20
BHPian

Yes rehaan I think your talking about my corsa, i'll post a few pics tomm as I dont have anything on me here on the comp.

Satyam
Old 13th July 2004, 11:57   #21
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]To check out what the kit looks like on the street, take a look at the red Octi which is always at the Ambassador hotel
I've seen that red Octi. looks good but what spoils the show is that even the grille is painted red. and it looked quite shabby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] right next to a hot black E class with some awesome rims
i've seen that too. its a Lorinser kit. Nice wheels. the car also has vents on the fender. nice pic rehaan. i have some too. will post them by evening.
Old 28th July 2004, 18:19   #22
BHPian

hey before you chip your car you should realise a lot depends on fuel quality ....the chip is programmed to a certain spec, and a mismatch on fuel quality wont deliver anywhere close to the promised bhp..
Old 29th July 2004, 21:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hey rtech,agree with the opinions.But in my perspective just upgrade the wheels nd tyres dont hamper the engine.Octi is a comfy ride.I agree it lacks on power but just do minimal stuff which wud not pull down the engine`s quality.Afterall,its a diesel.
Hey V12,waiting for ur pics.And remember spottin this White Skoda with Rio kit quite a few times at Marine Plaze and Intercontinental.Looks quite good.Any pics wud be appreciated.

Keep Rockin!

Old 29th July 2004, 21:35   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hey V12,waiting for ur pics
hey godspeed , the pics are already put up here : Pics : Black Lorinser E Class.
Old 31st August 2004, 16:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Sbfx...

Its time to go shopping!

cya
R

Most Viewed